Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I can't seem to talk myself into getting these guys. The bad reviews and comments don't seem to outweigh the need to add them to my collection...and the robe material is just way wrong. At $200+ I'm thinking I can pass on these.

I took one of those wires that holds figures in their box, cut it and wrapped it around the neck, tied it off then looped it up to give the hood something to rest on to hold its peak. Works really well. Plus it actually helps keep the rim of the hood shaped.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpeg

Thanks, guys! It was the easiest thing I could think of to get that peak to stay in place. The one on your right has the peak wire and a thin wire fed thru one neck wrap all the way across the bottom of the hood and down the other neck wrap and it helped a little. The one on your left just has the peak wire and it looks the same.

The peak wire also raises the hood a bit giving the illusion the head is oblong rather than the squat, round shape SS oddly chose to make it.

Can someone point me to the gaffer tape mod tutorial, thanks?

Tinman2000,

The Gaffert tape mod is really simple. All you need is a roll of black gaffer tape and some scissors.

IMG_1652.jpg

1. Cut a 4" piece of gaffer tape.
2. make small incisions to start off the thins trips.
3.tear the strips off. They will tear off evenly.

IMG_1653.jpg

4. Wrap the Jawa head with the strips.

Optional: if you wish to make the eyes smaller to match the ANH Jawas, turn the eyes on, cover the outer perimeters while wrapping the head until they are right size.

Great job, Coco!

cocoa you magnificent bastard ! you did it! those look awesome :clap

brilliant!

Brilliant. Repped.

Great tip about the wire Coco! I'm still going back and forth on these.

Thanks, guys!! :duff Hopefully it can make these a little less frustrating for you to pose.

Kinda making me want to get these guys... those look outstanding. Great futzing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Thank! It's a shame there's the QC problems there are with these. Had they been closer to $150 it wouldn't have been as big a deal. As it is though, they really display well.

Tinman2000,

The Gaffert tape mod is really simple. All you need is a roll of black gaffer tape and some scissors.

View attachment 274067

1. Cut a 4" piece of gaffer tape.
2. make small incisions to start off the thins trips.
3.tear the strips off. They will tear off evenly.

View attachment 274068

4. Wrap the Jawa head with the strips.

Optional: if you wish to make the eyes smaller to match the ANH Jawas, turn the eyes on, cover the outer perimeters while wrapping the head until they are right size.

Many thanks mespendez...is there a pic of the end result?

I took one of those wires that holds figures in their box, cut it and wrapped it around the neck, tied it off then looped it up to give the hood something to rest on to hold its peak. Works really well. Plus it actually helps keep the rim of the hood shaped.

View attachment 274021

Coco, this shot alone has changed my mind on these guys, the potential is certainly there. Of course I would NEED one of your Jawa bases...great marketing ploy my friend! :wink1:

Back