Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the whole SS not producing TFA figures bizarre, thank goodness that has been debunked. SDCC is going to be very interesting indeed. SS and HT having a TFA-off!!!

I found the whole SS not producing TFA figures bizarre, thank goodness that has been debunked. SDCC is going to be very interesting indeed. SS and HT having a TFA-off!!!

Yeah but the question is: are SSC going to be making any human lead characters (i.e. any figure that requires an exposed human face) or is it just creatures, troops and robots, with HT getting all the 1/6 human leads?

We know HT is going to go crazy with 1/6 scale TFA figures.

If for no other reason than historical (looking at all their licenses and releases), I very much doubt this. Unless you also consider the number of ANH characters crazy. Crazy is what I consider their IM releases. Crazy is also missing the likeness on every single SW licensed figure you release. Nucking futz in fact. ;) I can't afford to be doing head swaps all the time - and it's not like there are decent alternatives for every swap either.

Pixelpiper;7831071[... said:
Crazy is also missing the likeness on every single SW licensed figure you release. Nucking futz in fact. ;) I can't afford to be doing head swaps all the time - and it's not like there are decent alternatives for every swap either.

As I've more or less said before, likeness or lack thereof in this era is a relative thing, given the quality and how close many of these get, but as a proper nerd I share the frustration of those who say "Missed it by that much"...

That being said, as I ruthlessly edit my personal collection, I can't help but raise an eyebrow that two of my favourites are actually by SSC...but to be fair, those are machines, not facial or armour likenesses. I also think the Uncanny Valley effect is strong here.

10% or 100% doesn't make much of a difference. Missed is missed and it doesn't take much to completely blow it. IMO, we're not off to a very good start this year.

One would think they had this lined up prior to showing anything...

When you get the chance to show your Star Wars product to a Star Wars centric audience at a venue like Celebration, sometimes you need to put the cart before the horse to deliver the intent of what you want to share. Thats why the Jawas were shared at Celebration prior to finalizing all of our manufacturing costs.

When you get the chance to show your Star Wars product to a Star Wars centric audience at a venue like Celebration, sometimes you need to put the cart before the horse

I'll echo what TonTon said and add that I believe most of us already assumed what you've explained, but thank you for repeating it anyway.

When you get the chance to show your Star Wars product to a Star Wars centric audience at a venue like Celebration, sometimes you need to put the cart before the horse to deliver the intent of what you want to share. Thats why the Jawas were shared at Celebration prior to finalizing all of our manufacturing costs.

I was referring to the comment on the assessment of price point and not the opportunity to show the best audience possible which we can all agree would be celebration as you stated.

I won't even give you 10%...and I'll fight it as hard as I would if you wanted 100%.

But there is a difference worth noting, that being that once you take 100%, I'll be starving and homeless.

I'm glad you said that.

I'd like 100% of your personal earnings please. What? I'm not asking for much more than 10%.

Ha ha ha. :) It's like this... There's no practical difference between taking 1 or 10 steps off a cliff. Likewise a sculpt that's off, by whatever "percentage" or "just this much" is still off. It takes just subtle differences to completely undermine a likeness and be left with someone else entirely. Try it in a mirror sometime with a few pieces of tape. Kids love it.

Try it in a mirror sometime with a few pieces of tape. Kids love it.

pee-wee-herman-taped-face.jpg

I was referring to the comment on the assessment of price point and not the opportunity to show the best audience possible which we can all agree would be celebration as you stated.

Ah - ok, I assumed you were wondering why did we show anything without having the prices locked in.

Back