Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And like that... Matt Bischof is gone.

tumblr_lhpvlsBN0M1qakh43o1_400.gif

And like that... Matt Bischof is gone.

This might be a good time to say that if anyone decides it's their place to hassle industry insiders, you WILL be gone. The new Code of Conduct is our attempt to restore this site to its former glory, and that includes being a comfortable place for company representatives and VIP's to participate.

Hope the CoC works.

As I said below...

Having clarity like this is very refreshing. Sideshow used to do this a long, long time ago. Great to have some questions answered. Thank you, Matt.

I hope this arrangement remains from time to time. Hope you guys don't get too bogged down with the "will you make..." questions.

Sounds like they still need final BOM (bill of materials) for the new body, that would be a pretty significant thing to miss when planning the retail price. ;)

One would think they had this lined up prior to showing anything...

Hey Wor-Gar, They aren't cancelled - they are coming. When we showed them at Celebration, those protos had just been finalized so we did not yet have them at the factory. The masters for these just went over a few weeks ago so we are still going back and forth on pricing to make these guys. Additionally we had to complete some tooling on the two bodies in order for our partners to calculate their costs. Once we lock that in, we will get them up on the site.

We appreciate everyones patience - and they will be up soon!

Great to hear...I can't wait...glad you popped in and gave us the word.....

I'm sure there are plenty of folks on the board that will still say you won't be. Even after you show photos, maybe even after shipping. ;) To those people, I would like to take this opportunity to say "suck it."

Mark, thanks for stating the obvious again (because I know it had already been stated multiple times in the past).

They may have it but doesn't mean they have 1/6 scale. Perhaps PF and statues. Only time will tell.

I'm sure there are plenty of folks on the board that will still say you won't be. Even after you show photos, maybe even after shipping. ;) To those people, I would like to take this opportunity to say "suck it."

Wow...classy man...real classy

I have said time and time again that things may change and probably will, I was just stating what was true at the time based on the info I was given. I have more than proved my info to be solid.

Last edited:
We know HT is going to go crazy with 1/6 scale TFA figures. I hope SSC goes nuts with PF's. Now that they've permanently done away with the separate eye system their figures might start giving HT a run for their money though. If X-Wing Luke matches the proto it'll absolutely be on par with HT's Farmboy Luke.

The funny thing with HT's Chewie is that because they didn't totally nail his ANH look you can get him as part of a TFA display too. We all get to pick which movie he won't completely match. :D

We know HT is going to go crazy with 1/6 scale TFA figures. I hope SSC goes nuts with PF's. Now that they've permanently done away with the separate eye system their figures might start giving HT a run for their money though. If X-Wing Luke matches the proto it'll absolutely be on par with HT's Farmboy Luke.

The funny thing with HT's Chewie is that because they didn't totally nail his ANH look you can get him as part of a TFA display too. We all get to pick which movie he won't completely match. :D

Can you say "AWKWARD!"? SSC and HT will both be releasing an ANH Luke Skywalker figure within two months of each other. This is about as head-to-head - literally - as it gets.

Can you say "AWKWARD!"? SSC and HT will both be releasing an ANH Luke Skywalker figure within two months of each other. This is about as head-to-head - literally - as it gets.

It's actually kind of awesome...only cause they're different versions. That would probably never happen otherwise. I don't know how many Lukes I need total though. TFA might be awesome, Bespin Luke, Hoth Luke, X-Wing Luke, Farmboy Luke, Snowspeeder Luke, Jabba's Palace, Endor, DSII...too many Lukes.

It's actually kind of awesome...only cause they're different versions. That would probably never happen otherwise. I don't know how many Lukes I need total though. TFA might be awesome, Bespin Luke, Hoth Luke, X-Wing Luke, Farmboy Luke, Snowspeeder Luke, Jabba's Palace, Endor, DSII...too many Lukes.

It's LUKE!

While I'm probably not diving into 1/6 TFA at all (might get a few troopers in 3 3/4",) I'm not sure I'll be able to resist a 1/6 bearded old Luke.

I really hope Luke's grown pointy green ears under that hood.

^^Just saying "Jawa" to pretend this conversation makes sense here, but I agree a bearded Luke would be sweet. I like the idea of an evolution display--maybe max out at 3 Luke's. Definitely want the one that started it all, a pilot would be nice (usually prefer snow speeder version) and then one of the saber wielding Luke--maybe Jabba's palace since I always loved that whole sequence. Crap that's 4 Lukes.
Plus I already have Hoth Luke.

Back