Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cancelled?

Hey Wor-Gar, They aren't cancelled - they are coming. When we showed them at Celebration, those protos had just been finalized so we did not yet have them at the factory. The masters for these just went over a few weeks ago so we are still going back and forth on pricing to make these guys. Additionally we had to complete some tooling on the two bodies in order for our partners to calculate their costs. Once we lock that in, we will get them up on the site.

We appreciate everyones patience - and they will be up soon!

Hey Wor-Gar, They aren't cancelled - they are coming. When we showed them at Celebration, those protos had just been finalized so we did not yet have them at the factory. The masters for these just went over a few weeks ago so we are still going back and forth on pricing to make these guys. Additionally we had to complete some tooling on the two bodies in order for our partners to calculate their costs. Once we lock that in, we will get them up on the site.

So basically what I said then:
SSC are at this very minute carefully examining different forum posts to find out just how far north of $300 they dare to go.

J/K :lol

Hey Matt,

Hot Toys has already announced that The Force Awakens figures will be on the way. Are you at liberty to say how Sideshow will be approaching the new film? Will you guys focus on PF's and let HT do 1/6 figures or will you both tackle the same format or might you not be doing TFA at all?

I know you know this, but I was joking. But look at all the good information we get from a joke. :D

Gonna have to do this more often. Thank you, Matt!

And here I thought they calculated their pricing during the prototype period, when they are given costs of materials, etc. I guess final pricing is based on final 'tweaks', like whether they go with plastic belts or pleather belts, etc.

Sounds like they still need final BOM (bill of materials) for the new body, that would be a pretty significant thing to miss when planning the retail price. ;)

Hey Matt,

Hot Toys has already announced that The Force Awakens figures will be on the way. Are you at liberty to say how Sideshow will be approaching the new film? Will you guys focus on PF's and let HT do 1/6 figures or will you both tackle the same format or might you not be doing TFA at all?

We will be producing TFA product.

And here I thought they calculated their pricing during the prototype period, when they are given costs of materials, etc. I guess final pricing is based on final 'tweaks', like whether they go with plastic belts or pleather belts, etc.

We know what it costs for us to make a prototype(s). It's another thing to work with the people who will mass produce. Since we don't own our own factory, we need to see what it costs to produce the figure before we can set a price to sell it at. Because this piece requires input from multiple partners - everyone involved has to finish their part of the project before we come to an overall conclusion on what we charge.

We will be producing TFA product.

I'm sure there are plenty of folks on the board that will still say you won't be. Even after you show photos, maybe even after shipping. ;) To those people, I would like to take this opportunity to say "suck it."

Mark, thanks for stating the obvious again (because I know it had already been stated multiple times in the past).

Its actually organized, despite how it may appear outside the Sideshow walls. There are numerous steps involved in getting these products to market and it can be gut wrenchingly slow at times.

I'm sure there are plenty of folks on the board that will still say you won't be. Even after you show photos, maybe even after shipping. ;) To those people, I would like to take this opportunity to say "suck it."

Mark, thanks for stating the obvious again (because I know it had already been stated multiple times in the past).

Well, I'm not all up to date on the various forum rumors on whether we are or are not…perhaps I'll get smacked for saying something I'm not suppose to. Unless someone with giant round shaped ears tells us we can't we certainly have plans to produce product to support the new film.

Having clarity like this is very refreshing. Sideshow used to do this a long, long time ago. Great to have some questions answered. Thank you, Matt.

I hope this arrangement remains from time to time. Hope you guys don't get too bogged down with the "will you make..." questions.

Well, I was assuming all along that SSC would be doing TFA PF and larger TFA 1/6 items along the lines of SSC's Tauntaun, landspeeder or probot. Supporting 1/6 humanoid creatures and army builder armored characters would also be pretty obvious. The only real question - anything human or main character, which I'm guessing is "no."

The only real question - anything human or main character, which I'm guessing is "no."

VaderNonsense.jpg

:rotfl

Back