Sideshow 1/6 Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quite a bit of work there...The end result is fantastic!

Can't believe that's a 1/6 figure @matrix, it looks like a guy in costume. Really awesome.
:duff
3581cc19c36cdb6ac81a5eb4612ca2e5.jpg

Decided to repose this guy off of Matrix's inspiration. Love the look but the figure is made so cheap. The knee guard on mine bent and I'll have to superglue it and the belt holster leather is now really brittle and loose. Argh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TLJ is the only SW movie i haven't rewatched....but maybe one day..

Always love the matrix helmet comp pics. Such great reference.:clap

The Hasbro Jango figure really is a pretty remarkably good and pretty accurate figure for the time and the price (and yeah that headsculpt with a repaint would look nice,) though the helmet has as many small inaccuracies as the SSC one does - the primary one being the distance between the two pinstripes, and also the curve of the dome part is differently inaccurate to the way the SSC one is. The SSC one seems too low/flat, whereas the SSC is too rounded and tall.

I have to agree about the curiosity of using the Hasbro helmet. Its so far off.

I always find it best to return to the source rather than memory...

b063307b459a75b9198abce74ace47fba0d809dd_hq.jpg
Jango-Fett-star-wars-attack-of-the-clones-34312152-1920-1200_2e4b5a07-c0eb-4b27-b67d-b8250c83f5b.jpg

Sideshow got closest. HT will get even closer. Medicom is nice if too small. SS looses a bit of flare but retains the dome shape. Hasbro isn't even close.

Nice body swap. But I really don’t get why you would even consider the Hasbro helmet though. The SSC one looks so much better imho.

Always love the matrix helmet comp pics. Such great reference.:clap

The Hasbro Jango figure really is a pretty remarkably good and pretty accurate figure for the time and the price (and yeah that headsculpt with a repaint would look nice,) though the helmet has as many small inaccuracies as the SSC one does - the primary one being the distance between the two pinstripes, and also the curve of the dome part is differently inaccurate to the way the SSC one is. The SSC one seems too low/flat, whereas the SSC is too rounded and tall.

I have to agree about the curiosity of using the Hasbro helmet. Its so far off.

I always find it best to return to the source rather than memory...

Sideshow got closest. HT will get even closer. Medicom is nice if too small. SS looses a bit of flare but retains the dome shape. Hasbro isn't even close.

I don't know guys...for me the old Hasbro looks better....the shape of the helmet and visor along with the detailed right ear are far more accurate than SS..which apart from the perspex visor is all kinds of wrong and is just a recast/repaint of the Boba fett version..

Anyway i do hope HT release their version...as the proto looks excellent:)
View attachment 424872

i just found a bunch of my jango fett parts laying around in a box i`v collected over the past couple of years. i get a mixed bag of stuff like two chest plates one is sideshow and the other is medicom wonder which is better. i have the ssc boba fett body i think it`s the same mold as boba`s was. and i got the old hasbro dlx parts i`m using like the knee pads. i dont have none of the ssc leg armor parts i used velcro on the medicom pieces i think they look good enough. just was wondering about the chest armor part which looks better

Scored this guy for $45AUD from a used toy shop in Japan! Broken ankle peg tho.

If anyone has an exclusive head they'd be willing to sell please pm me :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I just scored a sealed regular version off ebay for a decent price . I know there are issues with the leg armor staying on is there anything else I should be on the look out for ? Also as far as the leg armor , what is the best way to get in to stay on?I was thinking velcro.

I just scored a sealed regular version off ebay for a decent price . I know there are issues with the leg armor staying on is there anything else I should be on the look out for ? Also as far as the leg armor , what is the best way to get in to stay on?I was thinking velcro.

my custom is mostly sideshow parts. except for the leg pieces and the wrist gauntlets which are medicom. i did use velcro for the shin guards and thigh plates the knee pads has elastic to them. i also glues a small magnet to the back plate and to each of this jet packs as well.

I think the main issue with this figure visually is the colours. The purple is too saturated and the helmet blue is too dull and desaturated vs the movie suit. I think the blue on the Medi helmet is a good contrast (actually the Medi helmet overall looks way better to me)

Do love him with the poncho tho, it's even better without the little underarm thread.
d701c30b1df4513178b00830fa9581a3.jpg
cd3dc1890e656aa0b2c1a9b2238eca6b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back