Sideshow 1/6 Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Republic/Kotor may not be canon but they are still producing Legends black series figures like Jaina Solo. Most of the figures that I want are from the prequels/Clone Wars/Kotor eras. But I know I won't even get half of them.

I get that, but there's a big difference between making the black series figures and sixth scale figures. Sixth scale take way longer to produce, are more expensive to produce, and there are way fewer made overall. If they aren't even making core characters like Cassian, Lando, Krennic, Palpatine, Qui-Gon, Padme and Mace Windu (to this point), I think there's zero chance they ever get around to making anything not canon, as there's only going to be new source material that's canon they'll have to hit.

Don't get me wrong, Kyle Katarn, Corran Horn and Dash Rendar are three of my favorite Star Wars characters ever. I was absolutely gutted when Disney canned the EU, knowing that those characters will never be part of the canon Star Wars universe again. I just know that, even though they were pretty popular characters, they'll never get made.

Let's just hope we get all the important canon characters, since we all know how bad HT is with not completing lines.

Well, they did approve Anakin from ROTS, so the door is open. Disney being Disney, I'm sure they don't want the past to die TOO quickly if they can profit from it.

I don't think Disney has anything to do with who Hot Toys decides to make into sixth scale figures. They can put a moratorium on making certain character's looks (i.e. slave Leia) or not allow anything considered a major spoiler to be released before a certain time frame, but if Hot Toys has the Star Wars license, they pay a lot of money to be able to make what they want. It's more what Howard thinks will sell and what will be good for business.

but if Hot Toys has the Star Wars license, they pay a lot of money to be able to make what they want. It's more what Howard thinks will sell and what will be good for business.

I hope you seriously don't believe that?

Disney contracts are tighter than a Vader force choke on Admiral Ozzel. Try googling sec.gov Disney contracts.

Pre Disney ownership, as I already stated above when he was working under Sideshow's license and put out the Luke DX, he said he could produce anything he wanted, so he was going to check off his favorite characters first. Luke, which he did Pre-Disney, Han, Padme, and Anakin. I'm sure if he could just make whatever he wants at this point, we'd already have Padme on PO.

Last edited:
^
Yes I always have the impression that between Hot Toys and Disney SW licencse negotionation, mass producing TFA and TLJ figures are part of deal in order to promote Disney new Sequel movies. It just weird that Hot Toys just jump blindly without doing any market research before release those TFA figures...now they're all over the places at their reatailers....

From what I've read, it happened to Hasbro as well. I think everyone was a little overconfident with how well ST figures would sell.

Has anyone been able to do a body swap with this figure? I'm thinking of switching mine over to a Truetype? Has anyone been able to? I know you have to deal with the knee pads and large ball joints shoes. Any advice?

I swapped mine to HT boba body. Everything swapped over. I used the SS ankles in the ht ankle peg holes.

Awesome, good to know. Did it make an improvement in the overall appearance of the figure? Something just looks off to me on the original Sideshow body.

It did in the legs department. The third generation of knees for the pro body was pretty bad, so you could never get them to look right. I also drilled a hole in the knees for the kneepad.

13391192_1346334088715390_130846038_n.jpg

It did in the legs department. The third generation of knees for the pro body was pretty bad, so you could never get them to look right. I also drilled a hole in the knees for the kneepad.

13391192_1346334088715390_130846038_n.jpg

Your Jango Fett looks amazing, I have to say. I really like the figure myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone try to attach the ‘rocket pack’ directly on the back, removing the hooks, so it sits flush on the back?

I haven't but those hooks are incredibly annoying so it would be a good idea. I think I would try blu tack and see it that can hold it up.

I haven't but those hooks are incredibly annoying so it would be a good idea. I think I would try blu tack and see it that can hold it up.

Yes, or some double sided carpet tape would do it. It’s just that I would need to remove the hooks. But I’m sure it would look better.

36f30a9f111d0e7cf098a85ea21d5858.jpg

42e216dc740bff5b4a861afebd088fe5.jpg

d92cfb62877b097cb849ad2a82f966bc.jpg

9f594f2b0e100e4362923d94099cb3df.jpg

Glad this figure is getting some love.

Far from a perfect figure. Knee/thigh pads fall off easy and the jet pack doesn't sit flush to the back. But I like it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back