Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just my opinion, wonder if overseas customers will buy this? With the exchange rate this will be an even steeper purchase for non-US buyers. Then theres the shipping aspect, and now for us aussies even GST would be collected somewhere along the line.

I am still interested in this but the Mythos Obi-Wan updated pictures just further proves I cannot pre-order this. Too much of a risk to spend all my reward points on and end up with something no better than the original I have. Will just have to wait for in-hand pictures.

Just my opinion, wonder if overseas customers will buy this? With the exchange rate this will be an even steeper purchase for non-US buyers. Then theres the shipping aspect, and now for us aussies even GST would be collected somewhere along the line.

Yep. Can count me out on this. Even figures from SS with steep shipping, customs etc is too expensive for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got this email from Sideshow:

We wanted to let you know that the shipment of your Jabba the Hutt and Throne Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure item will be delayed. Based on the latest production information, we now expect your item to arrive into our warehouse in Dec 2018 to Jan 2019.

Just got this email from Sideshow:

Seems SS are sending out a lot of delay notices today. Must have had a big timing review.

Still I didn't realise this one was coming out so soon. Will be very interested what he will look like vs the prototype.

Eager to see in-hand shots of this guy.

Me too but I’m very sceptical as to wether the changeable eyes and mouth will seamlessly blend in with the rest of the head. This could be a fantastic piece to have in a collection but past SS QC fails are what make me think this figure just wont realistically work.

same here anxiously waiting on hand pics to see how he turned out and how tall the overall statue is...as Sideshow states that he is ~13 inches tall and throne is ~9 inches high...so all together the piece is 22 inches in height? did not seem like that in video or pics

Me too but I’m very sceptical as to wether the changeable eyes and mouth will seamlessly blend in with the rest of the head. This could be a fantastic piece to have in a collection but past SS QC fails are what make me think this figure just wont realistically work.

Agree. It will probably look alright but with Sideshow the paint quality is a concern. I fear it will feel cheaply made when compared to the high price.

I also feel that you need lots of the other palace goons for this to be truly great and I don't have any. Now that figures are pushing $250 I doubt many will be made either.

Agree. It will probably look alright but with Sideshow the paint quality is a concern. I fear it will feel cheaply made when compared to the high price.

I also feel that you need lots of the other palace goons for this to be truly great and I don't have any. Now that figures are pushing $250 I doubt many will be made either.

I'm surprised SS isn't pumping them out to promote this too. Did they do limited runs of them? They've re-release Jawas, R2, Scout Trooper and Bike this past year right?

I would imagine Sideshow will redo a limited Bib Fortuna at least but likely wait to see sales on Jabba before they double-dip with far-too-expensive aliens.

What is Sideshow's 'limited' runs anyway? Like 2,000 pieces or 200? The runs they did with Bossk and IG-88, weren't they "limited"?

I would imagine Sideshow will redo a limited Bib Fortuna at least but likely wait to see sales on Jabba before they double-dip with far-too-expensive aliens.

What is Sideshow's 'limited' runs anyway? Like 2,000 pieces or 200? The runs they did with Bossk and IG-88, weren't they "limited"?

All the bounty hunters, except Fett, were limited to 2000. So a relatively low number. It even took two runs of Bossk and IG-88 to get to that number it seems. But even with such low numbers it took all of them to be released to sell them all out. So, I doubt that there’s any good business in releasing background aliens like Momaw and cantina band at this point... they just wouldn’t sell enough to justify the production cost that a figure, of the quality that has come to be expected, requires. That’s also why HT isn’t doing any of them (hope they’ll at least do Ackbar though). A damn shame as those designs are my favorites of the franchise.
But hope we’ll at least get a new Bib! He’s the one the most in need of an upgrade.
...if Jabba doesn’t sell well (and I expect he won’t as people are waiting for HT, that might never make him), we probably won’t get any at all. Maybe Lando Skiff Guard will be cancelled as well in that case since he hasn’t gone up for preorder...

Yeah, other than wallet pain, that's one of the biggest other issues with the constant major price rises (and where prices will be by end of next year) - we've entered a pricepoint range where so many of the fun SW background characters just aren't viable anymore. Who would pay $250+ for a 1/6 Nien Numb? I probably still would, but most casual SW or 1/6 fans wouldn't.

Then again, I was surprised Dengar sold out at his price point, though he was a pretty complex figure, one of the "big four" hunters and also necessary to complete a BH line-up.

You could get away with a repaint on the initial sculpt, but I'd love to see a new one. Likely if they redo, it will simply be "better paintwork"... hopefully. I would also hope they lose the shocked expression with the wide eyes.

But yes, the entire robe could use new material.

Back