Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bib is a great base figure--he just needs a re-paint and his clothes a 'tea-bath' I will post pictures of my re paint soon.

Yeah it's a decent base but I'm really not a huge fan of the headsculpt - with work it can look really quite good but it just doesn't nail ROTJ Bib's likeness very well to me. Something about the facial structure and forehead that isn't quite right. I do love the Kenner-style staff on mine though - it was a genius inclusion that can really help with cool poses too.

It's a fine enough figure only really because no one gives Bib a "standalone display" where all the attention/spotlight is on the figure - he's really only ever a sideline fig next to or behind Jabba.

Would love to see what HT would do with Bib but maybe his dead-end appearance in Mando was too short to pique their interest in doing a "fat Bib" figure. I'm really hoping someone does a 3D sculpted head of "fat Bib."

Not sure how this happened, my guess the clear coat wasn't completely dry when wrapped in the paper, all the other items had the same paper and nowhere else did it stick like on the bowl.
87efd21d66bb0cd9b27b86a0fefaf9ff.jpg

I can see how that would be annoying considering the price... but not too unsightly. Looks like condensation.

Not my auction, but someone has a Bib up on ebay for about $100 buy it now. I figured someone here might be interested.

I came really close to buying that earlier this week when he offered me a discount, but I just knew it was a slippery slope towards buying Jabba himself, which I'm still not ready for. :p Plus it would require a repaint and a bunch of other modding, and I already have enough projects on my plate as it is.

I can see how that would be annoying considering the price... but not too unsightly. Looks like condensation.
The condensation part comes from the light that is on it that's not the problem. Can you see the curly lines within the marked area? That is the residue coming from the paper that was stuck.

At this price point, yes it is annoying and if it was on the back side it would be ok, but not here.

Honestly the plan was to pack away the original throne but the box is not where I thought it was. For now, it will stay on display.

Honestly the plan was to pack away the original throne but the box is not where I thought it was. For now, it will stay on display.

Do what everyone else in the same situation is doing - buy a 3D printed Mando throne for your old Sideshow throne and pop your Bib or a black-clad Boba on it (or wait for the HT Mando-style Boba, and possible Bib too, which surely will be previewed within the next couple of months.)

As for the old Jabba, I'm using him for the "battle with Leia" set-up.

Funny. I ebayed for a Boba throne yesterday but didn't see one in 1/6.

You won't find them on eBay (not yet at least.) Find someone with a 3D printer and buy a STL file - there's quite a few sculpts I've seen. They are very cheap.

well i finally bought this big slug for 763 smack a roones. salacious crumb ear was broke but sometimes that`s to be expected might just use the original one i still have instead of Mr. fragile him self.

well i finally bought this big slug for 763 smack a roones. salacious crumb ear was broke but sometimes that`s to be expected might just use the original one i still have instead of Mr. fragile him self.
Did you buy at Sideshow? If so, just contact them for a replacement.

Takes some time though, but they usually take care of it.

no ebay i didn`t want to pay 1,000 for him through sideshow.
Ok, strange I bought it through a dealer that buys it from sideshow, and it cost me about the sand amount you paid.

Too bad the ear is broken, but sadly enough it is known for its breakages. :(

yeah but i still have to original release of salacious crumb probable use that one. but i haven`t had a jabba for over two years and i miss having him.

The first Salacious is great too in my opinion.

I had the first Sideshow Jabba for years and fold it only to be replaced by the new one, missing the big slug is really hard indeed!

Back