Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...maybe the dollar was lower when I ordered [emoji2368] ...that said, your price doesn’t seem too bad either.

I just rechecked Sideshow's price with delivery:

$795 + $139.76 = $934.76.

Then add on 20% VAT and around 4% duty and it would be about $1,159 !

The UK price was a relatively good deal in comparison.

I just rechecked Sideshow's price with delivery:

$795 + $139.76 = $934.76.

Then add on 20% VAT and around 4% duty and it would be around $1,159 !

Damn... don’t know how this was possible then. I’ve been very lucky with prices lately.

Damn... don’t know how this was possible then. I’ve been very lucky with prices lately.

Especially when the retailer must be paying a lot for delivery, considering the size and weight of the boxes, and then tax and duty on the total cost of the item and delivery.

Especially when the retailer must be paying a lot for delivery, considering the size and weight of the boxes, and then tax and duty on the total cost of the item and delivery.

Do you know yet how much they're going to charge to send it to you?

He is just down the road so picked it up myself. So no delivery cost.
Maybe his supplier, intentional or not, had lowered the cost. They only had one left.

Just finished unpacking everything, and checking the pieces off against the spec list. All is perfect and in order, and I seem to have an extra cushion according to the list - 10 plus Crumb's cushion.

My first impression, right from taking one of the Crumb heads out of the tissue paper was - it's definitely Sideshow quality, as opposed to Hot Toys quality. The paint is basic, giving a shiny, toy like finish. Crumb lacks sculpt detail, like a lumpy, cheap toy. I think the original version has more detail, better sculpt and paint. From the beginning I was considering using my original Salacious instead.

All of Jabba's swap out pieces fit well. The eyes appear to be seamless, and the mouths fit better than they did in their prototype images.

While I have the original Jabba I never had the throne, so it's great to finally have that piece. The paintwork looks really well done here, with the bronze railing and verdigrised bronze gargoyles. I love the paddy frog entombed in lucite!

Overall I think it's going to be an impressive piece when set up and put in place. Apart from Salacious Crumb, who lets the side down. lol

Managed to snap this before the knackered battery in the camera died:

100_8867.JPG

This thread is bad for my wallet. Slikkerias getting good deals is bad for my willpower.
Damn you all.
Loooolz, your fault you shouldve run when you saw your first wonderous barbie doll.., now you life is forfeit.., in the words of the little master, '..forever will it dominate your destiny..,'

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just finished unpacking everything, and checking the pieces off against the spec list. All is perfect and in order, and I seem to have an extra cushion according to the list - 10 plus Crumb's cushion.

My first impression, right from taking one of the Crumb heads out of the tissue paper was - it's definitely Sideshow quality, as opposed to Hot Toys quality. The paint is basic, giving a shiny, toy like finish. Crumb lacks sculpt detail, like a lumpy, cheap toy. I think the original version has more detail, better sculpt and paint. From the beginning I was considering using my original Salacious instead.

All of Jabba's swap out pieces fit well. The eyes appear to be seamless, and the mouths fit better than they did in their prototype images.

While I have the original Jabba I never had the throne, so it's great to finally have that piece. The paintwork looks really well done here, with the bronze railing and verdigrised bronze gargoyles. I love the paddy frog entombed in lucite!

Overall I think it's going to be an impressive piece when set up and put in place. Apart from Salacious Crumb, who lets the side down. lol

No doubt Crumb is the weakest part of the set.

Asta, nice little touches around the throne.., where did you get the stairs and such? Did the jawas palm branch come with jabba?

I made the stairs very simply. There are eight separate sections made from wooden blocks glued together in ascending heights. I covered each section with a manilla envelope, and they just slide together. Nothing nearly as fancy as Stryker's wonderful palace, but from the beginning I wanted to be able to at least have Bib Fortuna standing to the side of Jabba.

I made the palm fan from the leaves of an artificial bamboo plant, by pushing a pin through them into the end of a wooden dowel.

There are various creatures there from Sideshow's two creature packs, including the original Crumb. The metal bracket for the shelf above is a handy place to attach the magnetic Wol Caba****e.

In the photo there's empty space behind the throne. I could create a platform there to stand more figures. The spit should be there, but it's probably too complicated for me to make. However, the throne looks better if pushed to the back, as I designed the stairs to be the right height to have Bib standing on the same level as Jabba. In the photo he's stood too far back.

This is where it's supposed to be placed:

100_8870.JPG

Now I have to cover the exposed sides of the lowest steps.

It's hard to put into words the effect that the new Crumb exudes. It's like a hard, shiny rubber coated in thick glossy paint. I put him on another shelf with the first version of Jabba. The crossed-legs pose is the safest one to leave him in, so he doesn't have to sit on the edge of the shelf. But I think Sideshow made an error when the sculpted him. They didn't account for the cushion, so his legs stick straight out, rather than relax over the edge of the cushion. The original Crumb works better because the cushion was designed for the pose, depicting the weight of his leg creating a depression in it.

dd6f50a63d1d8016dc14add9fc5f8b9c.jpg

I think that this set of legs and arms work very well with the pillow. Also when set up and you have a bit of distance he really don’t look bad at all. Why they kept the ‘statue materials’ for him is a mystery though.

I think that this set of legs and arms work very well with the pillow. Also when set up and you have a bit of distance he really don’t look bad at all.

Yes, those legs work well with the cushion.

The crossed legs make him look like he's levitating Buddhist monk style.

Nice to see you finally got yours, Asta. Thanks for the shout out. I’m working on painting my display now, but it’s painfully slow going.

My first impression - it's definitely Sideshow quality, as opposed to Hot Toys quality. The paint is basic, giving a shiny, toy like finish. Crumb lacks sculpt detail, like a lumpy, cheap toy.

Too bad about poor Crumb.

But Asta, how do you like Jabba now that its set up?

Nice to see you finally got yours, Asta. Thanks for the shout out. I’m working on painting mine display now, but it’s painfully slow going.

You have a lot to paint - that diorama is huuuge! (And stunning!)

Too bad about poor Crumb.

But Asta, how do you like Jabba now that its set up?

He's very impressive. The choice of eyes, mouths and arms make him much more versatile. There's a feeling that you can transform him at any time and change his mood, so he doesn't feel like a statue.

Changing the mouths isn't that easy though, apart from the one with the tongue. The magnets are strong for good reason, and there isn't much to get hold of to break the hold.

I had a bit of a scare earlier as I was looking at him closer. At the point where his tail becomes body there's quite a depression in his front, extending to the area where his belly bulges outward. I thought it might've been a casting fault, but looking at photos you can sometimes make it out. It's only apparent from certain angles.

Back