Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have a lot to paint - that diorama is huuuge! (And stunning!)

He's very impressive. The choice of eyes, mouths and arms make him much more versatile. There's a feeling that you can transform him at any time and change his mood, so he doesn't feel like a statue.

Changing the mouths isn't that easy though, apart from the one with the tongue. The magnets are strong for good reason, and there isn't much to get hold of to break the hold.

I had a bit of a scare earlier as I was looking at him closer. At the point where his tail becomes body there's quite a depression in his front, extending to the area where his belly bulges outward. I thought it might've been a casting fault, but looking at photos you can sometimes make it out. It's only apparent from certain angles.

Oh that’s very intentional. That shows his weight and how the fatty stomach pulls down. Looks very natural and realistic actually.
Changing the mouth pieces gets easier once you find out where to pull at each piece. And true, the swap outs are very effective. Between the three mouth and six eye pieces there are quite a few possibilities.

Can't see the depression -- did you decide if its part of the sculpt or is it a mistake?

I think it's meant to be that way. I looked through different photos in this thread and you can sometimes see it.

It just shows up in this promo image:

jabba-the-hutt-and-throne-deluxe-sixth-scale-figure-sideshow-100410-28 (19).jpg

Oh that’s very intentional. That shows his weight and how the fatty stomach pulls down. Looks very natural and realistic actually.
Changing the mouth pieces gets easier once you find out where to pull at each piece. And true, the swap outs are very effective. Between the three mouth and six eye pieces there are quite a few possibilities.

Yes, that sculpt really shows the weight in the body as the tail becomes 'torso'.

The sculpting of the their first Jabba is very simplistic by comparison, though I still like that one and wouldn't get rid of him.

Can't see the depression -- did you decide if its part of the sculpt or is it a mistake?

b81d2ce270b4720260ede144640283ff.jpg

I believe this depression is what he’s talking about. And that’s clearly intentional and a part of the sculpt. Shows how his fat lays on the throne. Very realistic.

I think it's meant to be that way. I looked through different photos in this thread and you can sometimes see it.

It just shows up in this promo image:

View attachment 458141

Yes, that sculpt really shows the weight in the body as the tail becomes 'torso'.

The sculpting of the their first Jabba is very simplistic by comparison, though I still like that one and wouldn't get rid of him.

I’d get rid of the v1 now if I could get anyone to pay for it. Though the overall shape is pretty good it still looks like a Hasbro compared to this one :)

I’d get rid of the v1 now if I could get anyone to pay for it. Though the overall shape is pretty good it still looks like a Hasbro compared to this one :)

The 1.0 was so cheap he doesn't owe me anything. I think he was £40 including delivery years ago on Ebay, on one of those lucky occasions when nobody else bothered to bid.

I have him on a shelf below the new one. It just came to mind that since he's smaller he could represent a younger Jabba, so I could eventually put Han from the Solo movie with him...

"Beckett said he heard about this very big gangster putting together a job."

I need to figure out making a repulsor sled for him to sit on.

The 1.0 was so cheap he doesn't owe me anything. I think he was £40 including delivery years ago on Ebay, on one of those lucky occasions when nobody else bothered to bid.

I have him on a shelf below the new one. It just came to mind that since he's smaller he could represent a younger Jabba, so I could eventually put Han from the Solo movie with him...

"Beckett said he heard about this very big gangster putting together a job."

I need to figure out making a repulsor sled for him to sit on.

Makes sense :)

Playing around with the mouths I currently like the closed one most. To me it exudes the most Jabba-ness.

I've given up on the camera and trying the tablet, which doesn't give very good results:

IMG_20190621_073443.jpg

My other new favourite figure paying a visit, and hoping to make an arrest, or at least write a few tickets for drunk and disorderly...

IMG_20190621_071736.jpg

If no signs of a Bib Fortuna v2 are shown at SDCC this year, wouldn’t it be time for a custom cloak for old Bib? It’s the only thing keeping him from looking pretty great.
c1d47f52d05f765a0ac2d5b0380e8362.jpg

Well finally my Jabba arrived! (Spain).. and what a piece! It's by far one of the best 1/6 figures from sideshow.

When taking a look in more detail, I found out that on the back of the throne the paint was not applied with the same quality... or at least that's what I think.

Here are a couple of pictures... can anybody let me know if your thrones look similar? Otherwise I will need to let my reseller know.

Thanks!

0dfbc2a65a550e74235916134023e70e.jpg

560ee2346d2b61f957bd777377813e6f.jpg

Yea it’s a beautiful piece! Sorry, I don’t see what your referring to? If it’s the “rusty” section I believe it’s supposed to be this way in order to portray age and weathering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well finally my Jabba arrived! (Spain).. and what a piece! It's by far one of the best 1/6 figures from sideshow.

When taking a look in more detail, I found out that on the back of the throne the paint was not applied with the same quality... or at least that's what I think.

Here are a couple of pictures... can anybody let me know if your thrones look similar? Otherwise I will need to let my reseller know.

Thanks!

0dfbc2a65a550e74235916134023e70e.jpg

560ee2346d2b61f957bd777377813e6f.jpg
Looks like maybe a guide for where to line up the dais? Seems to match the shape of it at least. Not sure what it's like on the other side, seems to be present in other pics people have.

Back