Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like maybe a guide for where to line up the dais? Seems to match the shape of it at least. Not sure what it's like on the other side, seems to be present in other pics people have.

Yep, it has the exact shape of the dais. It looks like if they tried to paint it after the dais was placed.

But I'm not sure if this is part of their production process or if they tried to fix something afterwards...maybe the alignment between the base-dais was not the expected and tried to paint it afterwards.

If anybody can share a picture of this section of the throne it will be greatly apreciatted!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If no signs of a Bib Fortuna v2 are shown at SDCC this year, wouldn’t it be time for a custom cloak for old Bib? It’s the only thing keeping him from looking pretty great.
c1d47f52d05f765a0ac2d5b0380e8362.jpg
But isnt the allure of Bib supposed to be that way? His robe doesnt look 'new' in the film at all. What exactly would you want redone?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yep, it has the exact shape of the dais. It looks like if they tried to paint it after the dais was placed.

But I'm not sure if this is part of their production process or if they tried to fix something afterwards...maybe the alignment between the base-dais was not the expected and tried to paint it afterwards.

If anybody can share a picture of this section of the throne it will be greatly apreciatted!!

I'll check mine and get back to you when I get home from work.
Never looked at the back of the diorama before.

thumbnail_IMG_2057.jpg

It's this kind of sloppiness that makes me fear purchase with anything Sideshow. Their customer service may be good but their QC often stinks.

Eh, mine was fine QC-wise and yet I had to send back my HT Palps throne due to noticeable QC issues. And I've recently heard about issues with the HT Chewy pleather bandolier - after a long series of HT pleather and rubber deterioration issues.

It's this kind of sloppiness that makes me fear purchase with anything Sideshow. Their customer service may be good but their QC often stinks.
That's just one example though. Mine looks great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Would you mind posting some pictures of that section of your thrones??

My local vendor is stating that 'probably' the other thrones have the same 'issue'... so I need to prove them that this is not the case :/ I already got one (thanks Li2099)... but they will need more I'm afraid.

Next time I will probably buy directly from Sideshow (even with the custom expenses)...

Thanks in advance!

Can you take a picture of the full throne without the dais to see the extent of the paint discrepancy? Unfortunately my throne is boxed up for the foreseeable future.

Just got a bunch of great stand toppers from JediJim so will be able to snap a few more pics of Mr. Jabbs and surrounding figs as I install them. Defending da boss...

s7Y29xC.jpg

:lecture

That's a great picture!

A couple of weeks ago I went into the collection room and was struck by a strange new odour. Of course, I look at Jabba as the probable culprit for a bad odour. Sure enough, he and his throne were giving off an acrid smell, like strong oil paint when you get up close.

It's diminished quite a bit since.

If Hot Toys make a Jabba he'll probably have 'real-feel' skin, but Sideshow were there first with the 'real smell'. :yess:

Back