Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't see doing it any other way personally. Seems like that's his default chillin look.

Yeah, not sure I've seen anyone do another eyes combo other than the one narrowed and one medium open. It's far and away the best look. No one seems to use the dozing look or the wide-open-eyes surprised look other than for quick pics when they first get it.

Yeah, not sure I've seen anyone do another eyes combo other than the one narrowed and one medium open. It's far and away the best look. No one seems to use the dozing look or the wide-open-eyes surprised look other than for quick pics when they first get it.

Yep. It’s the best look, and I did that very thing. Tried all the eyes, took pics, but then settled on this same thing. It really does look the most “natural” on him.

Let's not forget, there are "The Mandolorian" figures that may be announced and I wouldn't put it past Disney to have HT work some sixth-scale release into those park openings. I think HT's huge focus is going to be Avengers this year...SW isn't until December and JJ doesn't like to let anything out of the bag early. Most we may see from Episode IX is some trooper variant. A Jabba could be cool, but I shudder at the cost and materials.

In the meantime, this jawa is still waiting outside the palace with Bubo to see if anybody has any new photos of this SS one to tease us all with...

View attachment 447530

Firstly that picture is amazing ! Makes me want to search for a Bubo :lol Might have to post that on HT Facebook to get their attention to the aliens they should be making :lol

Secondly : The Mandolorian figures have got to have some old school aliens mixed in there surely. At minimum for fan service and familiarity. I really hope that means Hot Toys does some. It's time for a few classic aliens. Tuskan Raider, Hammerhead (Ithorian).

Yep. It’s the best look, and I did that very thing. Tried all the eyes, took pics, but then settled on this same thing. It really does look the most “natural” on him.

They're fun to have a bit of a play with when it arrives but you have to wonder how much cheaper this could this have been with just that narrowed-eyes look as permanent and a swap-out tongue.

They're fun to have a bit of a play with when it arrives but you have to wonder how much cheaper this could this have been with just that narrowed-eyes look as permanent and a swap-out tongue.

True. But if you dwell on that too much, you start to wonder why we buy any of this stuff. And then how often do people change up the other figures that come with multiple hands and extra accessories; aside from a few photo shoots, most find a pose they like, and that’s how it stays for years.

True. But if you dwell on that too much, you start to wonder why we buy any of this stuff. And then how often do people change up the other figures that come with multiple hands and extra accessories; aside from a few photo shoots, most find a pose they like, and that’s how it stays for years.

SSC R2's many utility arms I'm not sure anyone ever used, even the day the fig arrived.:lol

attachment.php

attachment.php

What do you guys think....does my diorama need a 1000 bucks upgrade??

Absolutely not. That’s fantastic, flying dutchman.

I’m working on an in-scale mock up right now, so I can do something similar — but with room for Han in Carbonite, the band and to be able to fit other characters.

SSC R2's many utility arms I'm not sure anyone ever used, even the day the fig arrived.:lol

Mine have never left the box. Nor the drink tray, or table with Leia.. I took him, and him alone out, then packed the box back up in it's shipper and in the closet it went. Installed batteries, put him on shelf, aaaand done... :lol

attachment.php

What do you guys think....does my diorama need a 1000 bucks upgrade??

Come on man, get with the program... That old Jabba sucks compared to the new statue.. Utter garbage!!! :monkey3

:rotfl

Haha... kidding of course. I still prefer the original as well and am happy to have him. I'm more than content with him while waiting to see if HT does an eventual take on Jabba. Then, most likely, I'll be willing to upgrade him.

Beautiful diorama and set up!! Looks amazing :clap

Fantastic! I would say you don’t need to upgrade, but the new one would look nice in there. I’m also hoping to do something similar.

Sell your diorama for $2,000, buy the upgrade and make yourself an even better diorama with the profit.

I was first bid, but then snagged one for a decent deal with the 15% off discount and figured it would go for higher than it did, that’s for sure. Out of town so didn’t think I’d be around to bid again.

Back