Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jaws-quint-and-hooper.jpg

I’ve got that beat.

JABBA_large.JPG

My friend kept asking her kids dad if the Stupid bowl was over yet...dude completely didn't catch it. It's just a bit weird to me that there's more than a few people on here into the sports balls (or prolate spheroids).
Like c'mon man! Little NERDS with dolls get their asses kicked by the jocks😂

My friend bought one of those over a decade ago - said it was the best investment he ever made in his life. Not the Jabba one of course. That model wasn't available at the time.

He mentioned how it was dishwasher safe and he would clean it. I remember literally asking him if I could borrow it lol. Thinking back on that, that is really disgusting. Like something you shouldn't ever mention to anyone, but I have no shame.

If anyone is interested there is a really nice, affordable Gonk droid available in the customs section made by member Rustyj. Goes great with the whole Tattooine, Jabba's Palace vibe.

Yeah, I would prefer to buy a finished one actually.

But truthfully I have to stop myself from things like GONKs -- I have no room for a 5th tier character. Hell, I don't have room for 3rd tier characters like a Tusken Raider.

Funny, you'd think with all the "sets" people have made, no one has yet made a "robot room" from the Sandcrawler scene in ANH. Plenty of Cantinas and Jabba's Palace... but no junk room dio. All those droids would be fun to see realized.

Oh, I printed and painted one of those gonks back in 2016. I scaled it to match the 6" Black Series figures. The model is (or was) freely available on Thingiverse.

gonk.jpg

I wish one of these 1/6 gonks looked like the gonk in the sandcrawler. They all seem to be based on online or gaming versions of the gonk (which aren't as narrow and have slightly different detailing.) I really want an OT style one to make a Hoth version. It would also be great if someone sculpted an 8D8/Gonk combo.

Back