Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyway, here's another terrible comparison for fun (unfair angle, lighting, I know)...

Shows the new SS Jabba's face may be too symmetrical in a way in additional to the caricature curvy cat-smile. And then there's the belly.

But then, it also looks very close in so many ways too.

Jabba vs Tussauds COMP.jpg

It's like the new SS Jabba is a slightly younger Jabba, a little firmer and less belly. Like the one they should have used for the ANH SE scene with Han. Then he just let himself go for ROTJ.

I can't believe it myself. I bought the damn thing to go with the SW Hasbro 12ers I had just for fun.

I remember the day I picked him up very well: I picked him up from Monsters in Motion (with a special paintjob) and then went straight to Disneyland for the day with this really sexy girl I was crazy about who had just spent the night. It was a big day (and night).

1. Did she or did she not view your disgusting slug (the Illusive Concepts Jabba I mean) on this fateful night?

2. Did she learn to appreciate you?

I’m pretty sure it was the lowest.

I'm pretty sure I remember the announcers said it was the 2nd lowest score in Super Bowl history (forget who they said was lowest) somewhere in the 4th quarter, although the finale score may have changed that.

EDIT: Just looked it up on google and I guess this was the lowest:

Super Bowl VII was largely dominated by the Dolphins, and is the second lowest-scoring Super Bowl to date with a total of only 21 points (3 touchdown and 3 extra points), behind the 13–3 score in Super Bowl LIII

Figuring out exactly what Jabba's coloration is supposed to be can be very tricky, since he was always shot in dim lighting. Should the paint resemble what the puppet actually looked like in normal light, or what it looked like on screen? I am in the latter camp, and feel that this is without a doubt the best paint job of any Jabba statue or figure ever. Period. I'm not even sure what would be in second place. Part of the problem is that so many things in the past have used inaccurate colors, whether it's making him entirely green, or using beige for his face and belly instead of a more orangey color.
If the final product comes out like the prototype, I'd say second place will go to the SH Figuarts Jabba. I don't even care about the segmented, centipede tail. Thing just looks freakin' gorgeous. I'm not even a 1/12 Star Wars collector..besides that sweet, sweet Mafex Empire Fett.

Back