Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added new SSC Luke not the best but under the robe looks good
D5C4EB00-310D-4CC5-97E9-395D17C048CE.jpeg

Slikkerias that Bib you have is looking great, thanks to you and Tali for the help.

Do the Bib hands, boots, and sculpt fit on a now standard body or do those need to be modded to fit? I need to start searching for everything I need. Bib is just too synonymous with Jabba to go without for long.

Thanks.
Hands and boots fit. The boots go over the feet so you’ll have to heat them up.
The head doesn’t fit. So you can either make the hole in the head bigger to fit the ball peg or remove the ball peg from the neck (or cut it off) and use some blue tag. You could even glue on the neck as you won’t be needing the articulation in that point.

So here is Fett standing right next to Jabba.
Icruise did an excellent comprehensive written and video review, so I don't have much to add...

Attachments

• IMG_00000162.jpg
    IMG_00000162.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_00000163.jpg
    IMG_00000163.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 131
He's looking good in the shots coming up in here. Was watching a bit of the palace room scenes on the telly last night and did notice one thing....while the paint apps on this new version are really well applied, compared to he film version, they are looking a little heavy-handed. Maybe it's just the photos?

What do those who actually have this think?

Well it is Sideshow doing the paints so....lol.:wink1:

In bright lighting daylight the colouration is more exaggerated, however in a moody lighting--like the palace scene this looks amazing! I still argue that this is one of the best if not the best paints from Sideshow ever. The paint and scale stacks up and mark 2 positive aspects.

1996?! Wow. Time has gone by.

I can't believe it myself. I bought the damn thing to go with the SW Hasbro 12ers I had just for fun.

I remember the day I picked him up very well: I picked him up from Monsters in Motion (with a special paintjob) and then went straight to Disneyland for the day with this really sexy girl I was crazy about who had just spent the night. It was a big day (and night).

glued the back tentacle to the front one,

What did you do here?

Dimensions:

Throne : 28 long (including Gargoyle heads) x 4 5/8 tall x 17.1/2 wide

Jabba : 28.5 tail to elbow on pipe holding left arm x 11 3/4 tall

All in inches.

Dimensions:

Throne : 28 long (including Gargoyle heads) x 4 5/8 tall x 17.1/2 wide

Jabba : 28.5 tail to elbow on pipe holding left arm x 11 3/4 tall

All in inches.

Thanks for that!

Glued it to the back of the front tentacle. Makes it more accurate and fits the narrow shoulders better.

Oh, OK, I thought you meant you swapped them or something.

He's looking good in the shots coming up in here. Was watching a bit of the palace room scenes on the telly last night and did notice one thing....while the paint apps on this new version are really well applied, compared to he film version, they are looking a little heavy-handed. Maybe it's just the photos?

What do those who actually have this think?

Figuring out exactly what Jabba's coloration is supposed to be can be very tricky, since he was always shot in dim lighting. Should the paint resemble what the puppet actually looked like in normal light, or what it looked like on screen? I am in the latter camp, and feel that this is without a doubt the best paint job of any Jabba statue or figure ever. Period. I'm not even sure what would be in second place. Part of the problem is that so many things in the past have used inaccurate colors, whether it's making him entirely green, or using beige for his face and belly instead of a more orangey color.

This figure does seem sometimes beige in the face rather than the preferred 'orange' but I assume that's lighting and/or camera. I think the actual color comes across pretty well in the SS video and icruise and jaymig's pictures.

I like Jabba's face to be more like your sig rather than your avatar.

I'm toying with making another bet with myself to get Jabba if the Rams win the Super Bowl.

If you study his face closely in some shots, there’s an array of shades going on there, muted reds that almost look pink, flesh tone, it’s not one solid color. I think Madame Tussaud’s actually recreated it best of any replica in any scale.

Madame Tussauds jabba...

Kind of a strange thing to see kids gleefully posed with -- Jabba and his sexy slave

DSC_0803.jpg

Little girl with glasses: I want to be just like Slave Leia when I grow up.

:D

Back