Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ian you have the original version of jabba don't you ? I still would like to get the new version as well and try to sell the old version I`m not sure I want to sell it on ebay though

No original Jabba for me, so I’m very seriously considering this one. Only started collecting 1/6 shortly before I joined the forum, was all 3 3/4” before that.

Pretty close to ordering, in which case I’ll potentially look to move a couple items that are just sitting in the closet. I need to buy a house though. The space the boxes take up is starting to stress me out.

It’s not ideal, but it used to be you could just get to the 30-yard line, kick a field goal and win. At least now if you only do that the other team has a chance. Shame the Chiefs didn’t pull it out.

Back to Jabba, my remaining SS reward points just cleared. A whopping $37 in total now. :lol

Still not 100% sure I should order, but I did just buy a Bib on eBay. :panic:

Yeah, I'm still in hold mode for now. Everyone justifies it in their own way, but frankly $200 was a LOT back in the day for a simple polystone rectangular block with a super basic "stone' paint app. How anyone can casually say that same (only slightly better...) block is suddenly worth every penny of $400 is just nuts. That's almost two 1/6 scale figures.

Jabba alone is more than worth the $400, but that's not an option - it's package deal only this time.

I keep looking at that $800 (plus shipping) and really wish it was $650. It's that extra $100-150 that pushes it over the edge. Especially for a Jabba that is big step up on the old one yet has a host of issues itself.

I'm hoping that icruise/mightyjabba's review video will finally twist my arm enough to want to slap down the better part of a grand for this.

No original Jabba for me, so I’m very seriously considering this one. Only started collecting 1/6 shortly before I joined the forum, was all 3 3/4” before that.

Pretty close to ordering, in which case I’ll potentially look to move a couple items that are just sitting in the closet. I need to buy a house though. The space the boxes take up is starting to stress me out.

Umm... i hate to tell you but the new Jabba box is going to make your other boxes look pretty insignificant.:lol

There is another way: Timewalker

They are giving you the SS reward points off the purchase price. ($40 off) AND they ship via Sideshow, so for us CAs as long as the shipping is under $35 then Timewalker would be a better deal than BBTS.

Does anyone know the real shipping cost to CA for Jabba yet?

So it’ll ship directly from SS? That might be the place then. At checkout SS quoted me at $29 ($58 tax)

So it’ll ship directly from SS? That might be the place then. At checkout SS quoted me at $29 ($58 tax)

So about $900 all up for CA people?

If we order direct from SS, it appears to be. $29 ship is not bad at all.

But I was suggesting that people use TW, since they are offering the value of the SS reward points off at check out, and then ship via SS, so Sideshow's shipping remains the same. And of course, no tax for most states.

For CA: $795 - $40 = $755 + $29 ship = TOTAL: $784

Still high but at this point I can't see doing better until this thing hits ebay and we see how its priced. It could very well linger for years and drop in price, or it could be gone quickly... or never go away and manufactured in small batches of 25 forever as someone suggested earlier.

If we order direct from SS, it appears to be. $29 ship is not bad at all.

But I was suggesting that people use TW, since they are offering the value of the SS reward points off at check out, and then ship via SS, so Sideshow's shipping remains the same. And of course, no tax for most states.

For CA: $795 - $40 = $755 + $29 ship = TOTAL: $784

Still high but at this point I can't see doing better until this thing hits ebay and we see how its priced. It could very well linger for years and drop in price, or it could be gone quickly... or never go away and manufactured in small batches of 25 forever as someone suggested earlier.

I just don't picture many deals if/when these hit ebay considering the massive shipping costs. I still can't believe SS is gonna send these out for under $30, which is a great price. AE wants $239 to ship out here... bonkers, but the box is huge.

I wish there was a trick for getting this for under $600... but until the future where someone here or ebay decides to let a used one go for that, here we are.

If you can wait a couple years, I'm certain you will get one of these for $600 or less used. That's still a lot of cash but 'used' in a statue's case is not the same as with 'action figures'.

Only been collecting 1/6th since 2014 and already worried about boxes? Just wait...

:lol Believe me, it’s literally making me consider buying a house so that I have space for ... more boxes.

Umm... i hate to tell you but the new Jabba box is going to make your other boxes look pretty insignificant.:lol

I’m guessing it’s similar in size to the Yoda hut, taller probably. One item that would go is an MR blaster, which isn’t that big, but then possibly a big boxed EFX item. Ugh, that’s the other factor in all this, ditching other collectibles. Also, I purchased a bit outside SW and still iffy about whether I want to keep in on those figures, but it mostly just feels like the same space issue.

I still can't believe SS is gonna send these out for under $30.

Me neither, considering I usually pay about $20 for a regular figure and I'm 20 miles from them. $29 is a steal on shipping, and I value that as a savings to me along with the customer service built in should I need replacement.

:lol Believe me, it’s literally making me consider buying a house so that I have space for ... more boxes.

That's the funniest reason for buying a house I've ever heard. It's funny because I'm in CA and a "nice little house" here will set you back about a million two. And I mean little.

I forgot about the rewards points... $40 you say?
Not too bad.

That's the funniest reason for buying a house I've ever heard. It's funny because I'm in CA and a "nice little house" here will set you back about a million two. And I mean little.

Los Angeles and San Fernando areas are stupid ridiculous! Been house shopping for a year waiting for more of a drop in the market. Hopefully by the end of the year. Keep saving but these damn toys! I’d probably be able to get a house if it wasn’t for this hobby.

I forgot about the rewards points... $40 you say?
Not too bad.

Los Angeles and San Fernando areas are stupid ridiculous! Been house shopping for a year waiting for more of a drop in the market. Hopefully by the end of the year. Keep saving but these damn toys! I’d probably be able to get a house if it wasn’t for this hobby.

Yep, $40. But TW gives you that off to start.

Yes, been looking for a house as well but the reality where we want to live is just crazy. We also want to start traveling more so a condo might be the better for our intended future selves.

Anyway, banged out this comparison using SS video pic someone posted. Looks pretty darn impressive to me, and although the v1's facial asymmetry is better (especially around the chin), the overall impression and color of the v2 is just stunning...

Jabba COMP  (3).jpg

I choke at the price but realize that I did just pay 320 for a little tiny wrinkly old Sith man and a chair that’s to big for him.
Just sucks when things round up in my mind. 800-900? Why not go hog wild and get Ecto-1...? :(

The Emperor in throne with two Royal Guards is an excellent display and would cost close to what Jabba on his throne with Salacious Crumb costs. But the scale of Jabba is massive.

Anyway, banged out this comparison using SS video pic someone posted. Looks pretty darn impressive to me, and although the v1's facial asymmetry is better (especially around the chin), the overall impression and color of the v2 is just stunning...

View attachment 440882

This comparison shows how amazing this figure is. Even the arms are very good. What makes the arms on the puppet sometimes seem thinner is that they are clearly hollow and wrinkles when the actor moves his arms. SSC should not try to imitate something like that as the wrinkles would never be the same every time the arms move. So making them like the makers intended it to look is the right choice.
I’m pretty damn impressed with this Jabba and my old one now looks like a cheap piece of plastic...
...and Wor. The Rams won, so you pretty much have to buy this. You sort of promised yourself that - not just adding another bet ;-)

Back