Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Playing around with a new smaller/thinner tongue. It's super tricky as the mouth is very narrow so the back of the tongue has to be only a few mms thick. New one is about half the thickness and half the length of the one the fig comes with - a bit more subtle and less prominent.

I have also began painting the new smaller arms. Both arms and tongue have been way more difficult than I thought they'd be.

jDk8d4Z.jpg

Sr83PIh.jpg
That's too awesome Tali!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Playing around with a new smaller/thinner tongue. It's super tricky as the mouth is very narrow so the back of the tongue has to be only a few mms thick. New one is about half the thickness and half the length of the one the fig comes with - a bit more subtle and less prominent.

I have also began painting the new smaller arms. Both arms and tongue have been way more difficult than I thought they'd be.

jDk8d4Z.jpg

Sr83PIh.jpg

Uuh that’s nice!

jDk8d4Z.jpg

Sr83PIh.jpg

Looks awesome. Really looking like the puppet now!:clap

That's too awesome Tali!

Uuh that’s nice!

Looks awesome. Really looking like the puppet now!:clap

That looks great, Tali, especially the smaller tongue.

It's the "I just ate the tasty froggie thing" tongue as opposed to the "choking" tongue, for sure.

Nice job and exactly^^

Did you end up casting the tongue or sculpt another?

Brilliant work, Tali. That new tongue is really great.

Yeah, Tali, really great job!

Never liked the SS torpedo tongue but yours actually adds to the character.

Totally this!!

Yes it looks great - I might even copy it - but the “torpedo tongue” is actually pretty cool in hand.

Thanks guys.:duff

And the tongue is partly a cast of the existing tongue and partly newly sculpted. The issue was that it has to be very thin yet you can see inside his mouth, so can see the sculpt detail. And yeah, I actually do really like the SSC-included "torpedo tongue" in-hand also (it's much better than how it looks in pics.) It just doesn't work as a permanent display for me.

But yeah, I've had a few moments when I have the Palace lighting turned on, working frustrated on something, then look up and had the feeling I'm right in front of the "real" Jabba in the throne room.:yess: It's a bit uncanny but really awesome to see this thing come to life like that.

There's a few more things I'm doing - glossing up the eyes more, and dulling back all of the skin surface (I tried in a few spots and it really increases the "real skin" look a lot) and adding some super fine red details to the face and belly (there is quite a bit of subtle red in the puppet's paint.) I will also dull-coat Salacious and add some real fur - finally found a good reddish-brown fur match.

Two minor things that do bug me about this set - the hookah tank is really just delicately sitting there ready to be knocked over (it should have had a locking peg of some kind) and while it was great SSC added the little in-step beneath the throne, it's too small to be accurate, and I mean by 1/2 inch or more, so it sits too low (though yeah, all it needs is a piece of wood hidden beneath but still.)

Why does the figure’s tail hang off the edge of its throne? I thought it curled in front of him in the movie.

Why does the figure’s tail hang off the edge of its throne? I thought it curled in front of him in the movie.

The tail is only curved from Leia's enslavement onward (ie Luke arrival.) For 3po/R2's arrival and Leia Boussh's arrival it is straight.

Oh yeah! I never noticed it before, but he was slapping the end of it around during the special edition band number! I guess there's probably no good way they could have articulated it (rubber deteriorates)... only could have done a swap-out tail if anyone wanted it curved.

I’m very happy with the straight tail. The preferred choice I think. The only way they could have made both options would be a swap out, but that would be a huge piece since the curve would start quite far up. Not sure a rubber/articulated tail would look good/natural.

I?ve been working a bit more on my Bib Fortuna (paint and tentacles) now that I?m pretty sure we won?t see another before most of us are retired.
It really is a pretty good sculpt and I really wish we could get someone to do some new cloaks him. ...otherwise I?ll need to get some thin brown velvet and try myself...
f5f95d894abe316ca1df5cf98d52af8b.jpg

2d17b365a66cdb855e23b36bcbd36908.jpg

77f4cdc162dc623618d86d7db54224c3.jpg

I wonder if an allotment sold out. I went to order and it now says preorder and not shipping until April.

I think I remember someone quoting a Sideshow insider that they would be batch producing this one as needed. For that reason I probably wouldn't ever expect any big discounts.

Back