1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have done it. Check it out:

Nice! I may end up doing that!

Just got this figure and I'm in LOVE with it!!!

Slightly weathered the outfit, glued down the collars and cut more of the sleeve to expose more of his arm.

Also repainted his wounds on his back

Great photos and great mods! Interesting that the legs/knees are a little bit sculpted. I think trimming the torn sleeve like you did really helped a lot! As did glueing down the collar. I would also suggest slipping a wire through the collar as well, so that you can tighten the collar around his neck. That might help getting it to sit closer around his neck.

Looking just at these (thanks for posting) to me, shows that Sideshow did a good job but **** the bed on the hat. If they could have solved the hat, this would have a been a really strong release.

1cec7f57fe326b39b8c268dd301e2aac.jpg

2cee6860ac10fb902aee0d8b644dff29.jpg

2dcea3310d370c3b9794f2c78a2a7af3.jpg

95894de7f96aa9a9f4f7ffd0f8d07fd0.jpg

0dc4f3b96ff0f471ebf60ba8410888a3.jpg

Before and after weathering and glueing his shirt down to permanently giving it that great futzed look :)

f9ba39a4fc33c4db869120d7863622c0.jpg

Very impressed with how high quality the accessories are!

4d38896f0af25f4d2c897e425de3e5a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would also suggest slipping a wire through the collar as well, so that you can tighten the collar around his neck. That might help getting it to sit closer around his neck.

On this figure it's designed to be pulled away from his neck:

Temple-of-Doom-Screencap-indiana-jones-18905057-1024-440.jpg

It's just that SS stopped short of weathering/wrecking the shirt.

I like this photo a lot. I think he looks a lot better without the fedora on. I'm glad folks are enjoying him, but am disappointed that people have to do so much to him to make him look presentable. I'm passing on him for now, but maybe if he's still around during Spook I might pick him up.

Got my second one today. Love this figure, they did a great job with most of it.

The shirt takes extremely well to water, so anyone wanting to adjust the collar or any other part of it, wet your fingers and manipulate as desired. It will stay there perfectly when dried.

003_1_zpsp9nysmtp.jpg

SS should have released two HS. Hatted and none-would be worth the $$.

Looks Awesome. Glad to see you know your battle damage (elbow) ssc missed it altogether on the 1:6, but had it on the pf? You made him look better for sure. What did you use to dirty up the shirt?

Must...resist. .good job man!

Great work and great pics, Statiss!!!

Nice! I may end up doing that!

Great photos and great mods! Interesting that the legs/knees are a little bit sculpted. I think trimming the torn sleeve like you did really helped a lot! As did glueing down the collar. I would also suggest slipping a wire through the collar as well, so that you can tighten the collar around his neck. That might help getting it to sit closer around his neck.

Looking just at these (thanks for posting) to me, shows that Sideshow did a good job but **** the bed on the hat. If they could have solved the hat, this would have a been a really strong release.

I like this photo a lot. I think he looks a lot better without the fedora on. I'm glad folks are enjoying him, but am disappointed that people have to do so much to him to make him look presentable. I'm passing on him for now, but maybe if he's still around during Spook I might pick him up.

Thanks everyone!!! :)

Enjoying the back-n-forth and the pics of this one so far....he's showing up in my neck of the woods next week....keep the pics coming, please!

Hey guys. Got my figure and noticed if you bend his right arm you can see the arm is not completely painted. So basically they painted his arm darker while his arm was in one position.. if you move the arm you can see a masked off brighter skin on his elbow and the other side where it bends. Anyone else have this. Im waiting on sideshow to reply..but they sometimes brush off these issues. I want to check if they are all messed up like this.. thanks..... also couldnt register for this forum via my pc..had to use this taptalk app. On pc keeps complaining it cant detect my country... anyhow will post a pic if I can figjre out how via this app

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
b41e8331f712614f7899c752d65a2d7e.jpg

Hey guys. Got my figure and noticed if you bend his right arm you can see the arm is not completely painted. So basically they painted his arm darker while his arm was in one position.. if you move the arm you can see a masked off brighter skin on his elbow and the other side where it bends. Anyone else have this. Im waiting on sideshow to reply..but they sometimes brush off these issues. I want to check if they are all messed up like this.. thanks..... also couldnt register for this forum via my pc..had to use this taptalk app. On pc keeps complaining it cant detect my country... anyhow will post a pic if I can figjre out how via this app

b41e8331f712614f7899c752d65a2d7e.jpg

Yup mine is like that as well. I think they purposely chose to not paint it because the paint would rub off when bending the arm.

Yup mine is like that as well. I think they purposely chose to not paint it because the paint would rub off when bending the arm.

Seems weird that to avoid having the paint rub off that they would paint it so it appears the paint had already rubbed off. My guess is they should have done a second pass on the paint and did not. His arms were almost impossible to move at first. The paint also seems to have glued it into place. Anyhow its shocking they release a $229 figure and didnt paint it all the way. Just my 2 cents

Mine is also missing the belt loop on the front..noticed its missing on some pics posted online too.. the weapons belt should have a loop right after the buckle.. some dont

Still getting to know this figure...

Quickly tried to replicate my favorite shot from ToD:

031.jpg
You may be missing a part off his belt. There should be a loop after the buckle and before the whip loop. I am missing it also..I cant see it on yours in this pic

You may be missing a part off his belt. There should be a loop after the buckle and before the whip loop. I am missing it also..I cant see it on yours in this pic

I think my loop was just pushed back. Thanks for the heads up!

In the meantime, yeah, I'm really loving this figure (with the DX05 fedora). Lots of fun!

013.jpg

Just received Mike Fisher's bagstrap. It's amazing as expected. Don't have the figure yet for pics but I still recommend the upgrade! Will post pics next week when it's all put together.

Back