1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crystal Skull Indy makes a great Last Crusade Indy with a repaint. Yes, the hat is smallish but it still looks good.

photo-10_zpsd1977d1a.jpg

The real problem is that the crown of the hat is much narrower than Indy's head when looking at him straight on...once seen it cannot be unseen.

Crystal Skull Indy makes a great Last Crusade Indy with a repaint. Yes, the hat is smallish but it still looks good.

photo-10_zpsd1977d1a.jpg

How is our mutual friend these days. Are you still in contact with him. His bike is still one of my center pieces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if we dont have problems by then. Remember that last year plissken was due in August and I got it february of this year.

Hey juanca33 - he is still on track. I was just at the factory in May and we still have some more tweaks to do to some of the moulds but he is going right into deco sampling next. All the cut/sew is looking great so far. If the date slips, one way or another we will make sure the collectors know but so far - he is still on schedule.

Thanks for your patience!

That's good to hear, Matt. Can you tell us if Indy will have the separate eye system that the Hoth figures did? We heard that you guys were not using it for X-Wing Luke and was wondering if Indy was going to not use it either.

Thanks for the update - this is in fact a very important figure! After the debacle of HT Indy, fans are hoping this will be "the one.":pray:

That's good to hear, Matt. Can you tell us if Indy will have the separate eye system that the Hoth figures did? We heard that you guys were not using it for X-Wing Luke and was wondering if Indy was going to not use it either.
^^^^^^ I'm anxious to know this as well. That system needs to be AXED. If Indy is handled the same way the Vader reveal head was on the Deluxe Vader then that would be good. When I received that figure I thought that SSC was finally on the right track as far as head sculpts go.......then Drake happened. [emoji38]

^^^^^^ I'm anxious to know this as well. That system needs to be AXED. If Indy is handled the same way the Vader reveal head was on the Deluxe Vader then that would be good. When I received that figure I thought that SSC was finally on the right track as far as head sculpts go.......then Drake happened. [emoji38]

His eyes will be part of sculpt. They will not be separate and installed from behind.

Nope - won't be on Indy, or X-Wing or Jango Fett.

Thanks for the update - this is in fact a very important figure! After the debacle of HT Indy, fans are hoping this will be "the one."[emoji14]ray:
Could not agree more. Fingers crossed.
His eyes will be part of sculpt. They will not be separate and installed from behind.
Wonderful news! I have more faith now. If he turns out like the proto or close to it then I think we'll have the best mass marketed/licensed Indy. :rock. Very much looking forward to him now. Can you divulge if we're going to see more Indys in the future? So is the eye system gone for good?

Also, thanks for taking the time to answer questions. This kind of stuff means a lot to us fans/customers of Sideshow. It's most appreciated. :)

Could not agree more. Fingers crossed.

Wonderful news! I have more faith now. If he turns out like the proto or close to it then I think we'll have the best mass marketed/licensed Indy. :rock. Very much looking forward to him now. Can you divulge if we're going to see more Indys in the future? So is the eye system gone for good?

Also, thanks for taking the time to answer questions. This kind of stuff means a lot to us fans/customers of Sideshow. It's most appreciated. :)

Happy to answer what I kind Fiend. After I get SDCC out of the way, I hope to jump in here when I can more often.

At this moment, I don't know if more Indy's will be released. Currently this Indy is the only one on deck.

BTW - I'm not sure if the site says it but the machete is metal - and sharp!

Happy to answer what I kind Fiend. After I get SDCC out of the way, I hope to jump in here when I can more often.

At this moment, I don't know if more Indy's will be released. Currently this Indy is the only one on deck.

Sorry forgot the eye question, currently we have no new development on portraits with the separate eye system. The last product to go into production with that system is Tychus. After him, we have no current plans to go back to that system.

You and me both Talibane

And it also came out of nowhere which was really cool. TOD is a look that is as iconic as the leather jacket Raiders look.

Is there still a chance for the 1/6 Short Round, Mine Cart (yes, visible in the Indy pics!) and Mola Ram SSC had mentioned a number of years ago?

Mola in particular is a very basic (head and shawl on muscle body) but very visual (face paint, screaming head, flames/heart) character that would be the obvious "versus" companion piece to a TOD Indy release.

That should be added to the product page - it's a nice detail, and there is currently nothing that is close to accurate for that machete.

Sorry forgot the eye question, currently we have no new development on portraits with the separate eye system. The last product to go into production with that system is Tychus. After him, we have no current plans to go back to that system.

That is great news. There seems to be a LOT of people holding back on the Indy PO because of fears about that system. It did seem to slightly but noticeably distort the faces - maybe the gluing process itself - on Luke and Han Hoth. It subtly ballooned the face and the eyelids are so thin they opened up a fraction as the hard eyeball plate was inserted, giving that wide-eyed glazed look.

I would add that the other key problem on Han and Luke Hoth was that the skintone was a shade too dark ("Tan Solo" was what he was dubbed) and a little lacking in gradation.

That being said, the underlying sculpts - just like with TOD Indy - were excellent. For my Luke Bespin display, I replaced my HT Luke Bespin (non-BD) head with the non-hatted Luke head because the likeness is better.

Matt, thanks so much for coming in and answering our questions! I'm really looking forward to this new Indy! :D

Last edited:
Super Excited for this figure !. I want a Jacket so im thinking on looking for one cheap, I saw and imitation hot toys jacket the other day im thinking on getting it.

Thank the maker. So glad that system is gone. Made me skip han and luke. Indy is one of my favorate characters ever. Hope ssc will do mola ram too. Also willie and shortround ;).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back