1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just can't PO this until I see production or in hand pics. Ever since the Drake debacle, SSC needs to prove they know what they're doing. And just like the Drake figure, this figure looks great in the debut photos.

To think Raiders Indy was $89.95 and came with the jacket....

I was looking back at the original Raiders Indy proto just to see how far we've come in the 1:6 field:

indyfig.jpg

3914-product-silo1.png

Look how far the hobby has come in 6 years.

TOD Indy was always gonna be jacketless, that and the battle scars are the main differentiating features. Just sad we'll be paying more for less.

A Premium Format statue was always going to be jacketless.
Accessories are a huge part of the 1/6 figure market. Its not unreasonable to assume the jacket - which he still wears multiple times in the movie - would be included.

New Indy from SSC?

A Premium Format statue was always going to be jacketless.
Accessories are a huge part of the 1/6 figure market. Its not unreasonable to assume the jacket - which he still wears multiple times in the movie - would be included.

Maybe not unreasonable, but I for one never expected it. Indy's trademark look for that instalment is jacketless, and I couldn't see a licensor going to extra expense if they could avoid it.

One (1) Left Trigger Hand

I was going to say that that was unusual, until I glanced at one of my display cabinets and saw Jack Sparrow, Alice, T-1000 and Bank Robber Joker, Baby Doll, the VTS Punisher, Hit Girl...

So it's more common than I thought, except in this case Indy is right-handed and, as we know, Willie lost his revolver in Shanghai.

A welcome curiosity nonetheless.

That minecart in the back looks familiar. Looks like the proto we saw.

Best,

Robert

Far better than HT Indy...

If the final product is like this proto, instant buy.

Time to wait.

I like the old one well enough too, but a new one that looked as good as this one would rule all.

Just noticed how good the belt buckles and revolver look. Shoes are great too.

This does look superb, and my finger is hovering above the order button, but reading the Drake thread is preventing me from doing it.
I've only ordered the MMS238 Hot Toys figure from them previously on FlexPay and I was sure I wanted that, and that was of course a HT figure not SS. The difference with the Drake figure from Pre-Order status to Final Shipped was just so much greater. Does sideshow give any indication of what the final products look like before shipping, or is it a case of waiting until others have it in-hand and deciding to go ahead or cancel?

This does look superb, and my finger is hovering above the order button, but reading the Drake thread is preventing me from doing it.
I've only ordered the MMS238 Hot Toys figure from them previously on FlexPay and I was sure I wanted that, and that was of course a HT figure not SS. The difference with the Drake figure from Pre-Order status to Final Shipped was just so much greater. Does sideshow give any indication of what the final products look like before shipping, or is it a case of waiting until others have it in-hand and deciding to go ahead or cancel?

There is no deposit required so I wouldn't worry about it unless you were flex paying.

Yup me to, po'd this the second it came up--no NRD, no problem, can always pull the plug before release. I bet ss will hide ACTUAL production pictures before it ships. :mad:

They used to, but they really haven't updated pictures before shipping in a long time. I think they did update ESB Vader pictures before he shipped, but people weren't sure what to make of it, whether they were really the final product shots or if they were just different proto shots.

Someone else care to chime in?

Back