1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I?ve been going back and forth on the Tanis Maproom, the price it?s been going for now, and the size of space I would need for something this big.

Until then, I did just add the SSC exclusive Belloq with Fertility Idol stand(giving my Indy a diorama, and someplace to display the macguffins). Here?s my updated Sideshow collection pics [emoji16]

87729d8fbefe46010c0c70a532c275ad.jpg

ae17b69c43b74a40231e659896b38a0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fertility idol star really makes an outstanding display. How do you like the Ark? Is that the SS one?

The fertility idol star really makes an outstanding display. How do you like the Ark? Is that the SS one?

Thanks! Yup, it?s the SS Ark. I really like it! It?s really well done, and heavy too (made from polystone I believe).

Is any of this factory?

Non of its custom, if that?s what you mean?

With the exception of a few HT pieces, to make my perfect Indy (the fedora, jacket, Staff of Ra, and the Fertility Idol), everything else is Sideshow(using ToD Indy and his clothing as the base Indy, as well as the accessories from the other characters).

I highly recommend the Tanis Map Room if you can find it for a decent price.

It certainly isn't to scale but captures the scene extremely well. Its display footprint is big but so are many of today's other statue pieces. Plus, you get to display the Hot Toys outfit perfectly. :wink1:

Thanks everybody! [emoji16]

Looks great, how you got those early pro bodies to stay up without their stands is no easy job. With mine, in the past, even if I could get them to stand they would bow out over time and eventually fall over!

Does anyone have an extra sankra Stone. I got this guy but the stones were missing. Only looking for 1 to display

I should be able to hook you up. Regular or exclusive?

https://youtu.be/TxfkKfEMf_M

Was messing around with some Indy parts/clothing and came up with this today, did water treatment on the clothes to get them to hang to my liking. Parts are: Medicom hat; TOD head, holster, whip, and shoes; HT shirt and bag.

262f3166a881cae4ea0c76f2e5f62cfa.jpg

For a quick bash it turned our really well. And I think its the first time I've ever seen that sculpt work with a hat!

Yeah, the Medicom hat fits well the sculpt, it's a bit simple in terms of the paint but the scale is right.

I'm thinking to use these clothes for a KOTCS Indy but the TOD body doesn't work, neck and body are too lean. Also planning to use some Rit gray dye on the HT shirt.

Was able to acquire an MJ Choi hat to replace Sideshow's. Still trying to get it seated the way I want as I had to dremel off the hair.
1e84b13ab3822bd1225b58b89af152d2.jpg

Looks great.

But honestly, you've got to be a little nervous grinding away at that sculpt, right?... :google

Yes :lol

But you just go slow. I think he looks good with the hair, but it's not really what we see in TOD and I'm not crazy about the hair seam. And then the hat doesn't sit as well because of it (not flush with forehead). Really is too bad Sideshow didn't offer two separate sculpts to solve that issue.

Here's the HT Hat, which looks really good. Removed the neck plug too so that the head can sit a bit lower.

b75fc294aaba5f67a8ec5470166f6feb.plist

Just got Sideshow?s Recovery at Serpent Temple diorama(from the GI Joe line), perfect for my 1:6 scale Indy! [emoji16]

Back