1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
indy-tod-01.jpg

indy-tod-02.jpg

That bag is excellent! Were you the one who bought that off ebay? Or did you just see that too? I definitely want to make that for my upcoming ToD Indy

Yours looks awesome. Inspirational.

That bag is excellent! Were you the one who bought that off ebay? Or did you just see that too? I definitely want to make that for my upcoming ToD Indy

Yours looks awesome. Inspirational.
I made a couple and sold the one that was on eBay. Came across this HT bag for cheap with the already customized strap (aka broken since the strap is ****e), and put together another. Now I just need Mola Ram.

I have like 5 different LED types as they were really cheap. Amber and a more yellow one, and they have all different types of lighting -- a flickering, a more steady glow.

Oh hell, I had no idea that was you. I saw that auction -- and was totally inspired by the gimmick! I even kept the auction photos. Its awesome. I totally have to build one now.

Brilliant idea!! Brilliant!

Oh hell, I had no idea that was you. I saw that auction -- and was totally inspired by the gimmick! I even kept the auction photos. Its awesome. I totally have to build one now.

Brilliant idea!! Brilliant!
Do it! :lol It was a fun project, barely took any time at all too. I think I used the hot tip from my glue gun to burn through the outer layer of the bag and put a couple quarters inside the bag to prevent me from burning through to the other side. If you PM your address I'll send a batch of the various led light options I picked up. I think in that video it's two orange amber lights with a "breathing/fading" effect on the left and candle/flicker on the right.

Do it! :lol It was a fun project, barely took any time at all too. I think I used the hot tip from my glue gun to burn through the outer layer of the bag and put a couple quarters inside the bag to prevent me from burning through to the other side. If you PM your address I'll send a batch of the various led light options I picked up. I think in that video it's two orange amber lights with a "breathing/fading" effect on the left and candle/flicker on the right.

I was looking at your video -- trying to decide which one I like best or maybe just solid glow. Which did you use for yourself? I kind of like the flicker one only because its a more orangey glow.

I made a couple and sold the one that was on eBay. Came across this HT bag for cheap with the already customized strap (aka broken since the strap is ****e), and put together another. Now I just need Mola Ram.

I have like 5 different LED types as they were really cheap. Amber and a more yellow one, and they have all different types of lighting -- a flickering, a more steady glow.
You gonna make any more of these? I'd love to get one from you.!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That looks awesome TT.:clap

Wow, very cool TonTon! Really wish I could try that, but unfortunately the figure I bought wasn't the exclusive with the clear stones.

You could do a simple casting of a stone in clear resin and add some clear orange. Not sure but I think the Sideshow clear stones were simply clear versions of the solid stones.

You could do a simple casting of a stone in clear resin and add some clear orange. Not sure but I think the Sideshow clear stones were simply clear versions of the solid stones.

Yep, they were. If they also included the bag like TonTon has made, it would have been an even cooler exclusive

Wow, very cool TonTon! Really wish I could try that, but unfortunately the figure I bought wasn't the exclusive with the clear stones.

:duff Thanks, guys. Tali sent me some tips on doing casting so I might look into how feasible that would be.

Yep, they were. If they also included the bag like TonTon has made, it would have been an even cooler exclusive

I think the clear 'stones' also have some little flakes or sparkles inside too.

Yeah, it looks like it's clear and then they have little flecks of yellow and brown/black paint on the outside. Hard to tell if it's inside as well. Interestingly the stone is formed as two pieces, looks like a lego connection inside, it might allow the LED to fit inside the stone. There's not a lot of space inside the bag to house the stone, LED, a couple coin batteries. Gets kinda tight so that could help.

IMG_7915.jpg
IMG_7916.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting. I can't think of a reason they'd need to make it two pieces ... unless they'd planned a light-up feature and then changed their minds? Otherwise, why make the translucent stones at all...

Back