1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interestingly the stone is formed as two pieces, looks like a lego connection inside, it might allow the LED to fit inside the stone.

View attachment 477888

Very interesting. Maybe you could poke a needle up in there to fish around and get a general idea if it is hollow and how much room. If its enough for a light, then just drill a little hole in the bottom and voila.

Do you think the light would be obvious inside though? It seems to work so well just the way you have it.

Very interesting. Maybe you could poke a needle up in there to fish around and get a general idea if it is hollow and how much room. If its enough for a light, then just drill a little hole in the bottom and voila.

Do you think the light would be obvious inside though? It seems to work so well just the way you have it.
Good point, the way it is now there's enough of the stone to obscure the trickery behind it. If I were making a cast, maybe another possibility is to dremel just enough space so the small bulb can sit flush and at least take up less room.

Ideally the whole thing would be a small unit housing the batteries and bulb that's affixed to the stone and can easily be plopped into the satchel as a whole. A push-button on/off switch so you wouldn't have to remove it from the bag to turn it off or on would also be ideal.

For the switch, how does it work now to turn it on? Is there a switch or a push button?

Is there a way to glue or affix the battery pack to the back wall of the bag with a little hole for the button/switch for easy access?

My gut tells me trying to get the light inside that little stone will just be a lot of work for an unfortunate result. I'm certain you will see a very bright LED source inside the stone. Making something more complicated is usually NOT the way to go. And its usually where people get frustrated and give up and it never happens.

The way you built it originally works. Maybe focusing on securing that set-up is time better spent.

For the switch, how does it work now to turn it on? Is there a switch or a push button?

Is there a way to glue or affix the battery pack to the back wall of the bag with a little hole for the button/switch for easy access?

My gut tells me trying to get the light inside that little stone will just be a lot of work for an unfortunate result. I'm certain you will see a very bright LED source inside the stone. Making something more complicated is usually NOT the way to go. And its usually where people get frustrated and give up and it never happens.

The way you built it originally works. Maybe focusing on securing that set-up is time better spent.
I bought a ton of cheap batteries, so right now I just tape two batteries to the LED with electrical tape when I want to see it lit up, and position it behind the stone, and then just basically let them die (wastefully). A pretty crude setup overall, so some kind of switch would be better. I'm ordering a couple small ones to test out.

The Missus picked up this LED from Etsy for a project she's working on. It has a switch! I think it was like $5. I might pick up a bunch. Not for this project, but just to see what I might be able to do playing around with them. Yes, this one takes a big 9V battery, but that might not be a problem depending on what I might want to do ...

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

The Missus picked up this LED from Etsy for a project she's working on. It has a switch! I think it was like $5. I might pick up a bunch. Not for this project, but just to see what I might be able to do playing around with them. Yes, this one takes a big 9V battery, but that might not be a problem depending on what I might want to do ...

View attachment 478023

View attachment 478024

View attachment 478025

Nice, looking at something similar that would have a single coin battery, the switch and the connect to the light.
11a5af70ba978b17c86e983dc0af5d6e.jpg

Just added the 1:6 scale Ark (with Toht) to my Indy collection!!! [emoji16]

233d6fe36fd461691e5b523b9c0e1ace.jpg

4f3fdebfad9dd0974d99b26a863d5602.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pick up. Toht and the Ark are great pieces. I forgot how long the Staff of Ra was. I need to set up the Tanis Maproom when I get a new shelf.

Nice pick up. Toht and the Ark are great pieces. I forgot how long the Staff of Ra was. I need to set up the Tanis Maproom when I get a new shelf.

Thanks! I?ve been going back and forth on the Tanis Maproom, the price it?s been going for now, and the size of space I would need for something this big.

Until then, I did just add the SSC exclusive Belloq with Fertility Idol stand(giving my Indy a diorama, and someplace to display the macguffins). Here?s my updated Sideshow collection pics [emoji16]

87729d8fbefe46010c0c70a532c275ad.jpg

ae17b69c43b74a40231e659896b38a0b.jpg

Thanks! I?ve been going back and forth on the Tanis Maproom, the price it?s been going for now, and the size of space I would need for something this big.

Until then, I did just add the SSC exclusive Belloq with Fertility Idol stand(giving my Indy a diorama, and someplace to display the macguffins). Here?s my updated Sideshow collection pics [emoji16]

87729d8fbefe46010c0c70a532c275ad.jpg

ae17b69c43b74a40231e659896b38a0b.jpg

The maproom is awesome but a space killer and gotten expensive. You have a niceset up.

The maproom is awesome but a space killer and gotten expensive. You have a niceset up.

Yeah I passed on the map room because it's pretty huge but also isn't really accurate to the actual set - it's one of those heavily fudged things like Jazzinc's shrunken dios which have great detailing and finishes but look kinda all squashed together.

Back