1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, this thing is going for crazy amounts of money right now. Unfortunately as rare as it may be I just have trouble seeing the quality being worth paying more than $300 for. Or even $260 frankly. Really wishing now I had grabbed one when Sideshow was almost giving them away! Lol

Man, this thing is going for crazy amounts of money right now. Unfortunately as rare as it may be I just have trouble seeing the quality being worth paying more than $300 for. Or even $260 frankly. Really wishing now I had grabbed one when Sideshow was almost giving them away! Lol

Just keep your eyes peeled -- I lucked out on price recently. They pop up every now and then.

*Edit: I got him for $240USD which I definitely wouldn't call cheap, but not bad at all considering the evilBay prices I've seen.

Yeah, I don’t think this figure is that hot a commodity. Just look for an auction that starts below or at retail. Pretty sure I bought the exclusive a year ago for around $225 to $250 shipped.

Yeah those prices do seem pretty reasonable. I'll keep an eye out and hope another one comes along somewhere.

It may be far from HT quality, but it still seems like a fun set to have and a cool figure to pose. And I'm just dying to weather it up properly.

Saw a pretty awesome non-battle damaged paint job on this one by Paul Prentice, really talented painter.

From his FB page:
fc37283d37d860fc010d081adef2043b.jpg

541ae4ffdac9380ede73da0efbe03b2e.jpg

Yeah and the expression is really great. Probably does work better with all the battle damage, but still cool to see these nice alterations that really show off the sculpt.

I was pretty underwhelmed by the head at first, thinking it looked a bit too cartoonish somehow. But I think that was mostly due to the Sideshow paint job, and after starting to repaint mine I've come to like the sculpt a lot more.

That said, I still think I like that head better for a Raiders Indy. The leaner face of my Jnix sculpt seems like a better fit for TOD, and the fact you can slide it lower down the thick neck makes the proportions work better too.

Post your paint up when you get a chance. I would say that the Jnix works really well on TOD Indy but there’s a slight discordance between the torn up clothes and neutral sculpt. The SS TOD Indy sculpt sees like it starts to get a bit too small once the jacket is added. Curious to see it on a smaller body.

So I will confirm that the Medicom hat is basically perfect for this. It fits a bit better than the HT hat. SS should have just cast this and used it instead of theirs. :lol

HT has the better shape and the nice cloth ribbon. I’ll try to take some better pics with different angles. The brim is the same circumference as the HT brim.

0b33effed6f8d995a12808108e753540.jpg

Yeah I love the medicom hat, glad it works there. ���� It does look better! I wish they were out there more widely. They’re sparse and kind of pricey now.

So I will confirm that the Medicom hat is basically perfect for this. It fits a bit better than the HT hat. SS should have just cast this and used it instead of theirs. [emoji38]

HT has the better shape and the nice cloth ribbon. I’ll try to take some better pics with different angles. The brim is the same circumference as the HT brim.

0b33effed6f8d995a12808108e753540.jpg
I still prefer the HT fedora. I like the cloth ribbon.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sorry if this is the wrong place to query. Anyone aware of anyone looking to sell one of these? Would be a grail piece in my collection!

Back