1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get it together Paramount :lol A misspelt VHS jacket cover blurb is the source text - Sideshow's copied it, or copied a copy of it.

Please share pictures of it. I still have not decided... Need to see pics. Thanks!

I see this fedora thing is a matter of luck: yours seems to be ok and not with a bending up brim. Some I have seen are awful.

Get it together Paramount :lol A misspelt VHS jacket cover blurb is the source text - Sideshow's copied it, or copied a copy of it.
Sideshow....
1081.gif

I got mine in today and i actually do really like him. I think the likeness is damn near spot on considering this is how Ford looked in 1984. The neck might be a bit off but it doesn't bother me TOO much. I think his hat is pretty much spot on. Keeping in mind, they changed the fedora from Raiders to Temple. This is the best i could get, but i think it looks pretty damn accurate

View attachment 246220

Indeed, the hair piece and hat comes with magnets allow you to swap....sorry i didn't told any detail pictures but this you can see the top "hair line" edge of how the piece separation from below photo.

I think indy turned out pretty good,def a step up from SS previous offerings. Looking forward to seeing more in hand pics..

I got mine in today and i actually do really like him. I think the likeness is damn near spot on considering this is how Ford looked in 1984. The neck might be a bit off but it doesn't bother me TOO much. I think his hat is pretty much spot on. Keeping in mind, they changed the fedora from Raiders to Temple. This is the best i could get, but i think it looks pretty damn accurate

View attachment 246220

Hey Optibotimus! The figure overall looks really good! Are you going to be doing one of your in depth video reviews on this one soon? I always like your reviews they are very clear and concise, thanks!

Hey Optibotimus! The figure overall looks really good! Are you going to be doing one of your in depth video reviews on this one soon? I always like your reviews they are very clear and concise, thanks!

Yeah i just finished filming it. I have other stuff that has to go up first, but i really like the figure.

For those bitching about the "wrong" text on the back of the package...

It's an homage to the exact text that was on the back of the original VHS cassette sleeve

vhs_templeofdoom_back-e1436535453564.jpg

I actually was caught off guard by it in my video and i stopped recording and contacted my friend at Sideshow and i was set straight on it. I actually think it's pretty damn awesome. The fading/aging on the package also nicely homages the way VHS sleeves look now.

I see this fedora thing is a matter of luck: yours seems to be ok and not with a bending up brim. Some I have seen are awful.

It's a softer material. Heat it up, put it in the position you want, stick it in the freezer and boom, you're set

It's an homage to the exact text that was on the back of the original VHS cassette sleeve

I actually was caught off guard by it in my video and i stopped recording and contacted my friend at Sideshow and i was set straight on it. I actually think it's pretty damn awesome. The fading/aging on the package also nicely homages the way VHS sleeves look now.
Ok...so it's a homage to the Video Cassette....that's kind of cool, maybe. I do think it's a very strange choice. In the end...it's the figure that matters, though.
I also think that because a figure like Indy is really going to be under the microscope as people are still hoping for a great likeness, etc., that this homage is harder to see and is immediately taken as a careless error. If this release had been amazing, to where most everyone was ecstatic with it's final production, the homage might have been easier to see as just that...a homage. No biggie, really. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Ok...so it's a homage to the Video Cassette....that's kind of cool, maybe. I do think it's a very strange choice. In the end...it's the figure that matters, though.
I also think that because a figure like Indy is really going to be under the microscope as people are still hoping for a great likeness, etc., that this homage is harder to see and is immediately taken as a careless error. If this release had been amazing, to where most everyone was ecstatic with it's final production, the homage might have been easier to see as just that...a homage. No biggie, really. Just a thought.

I think people will ***** regardless if the figure is great or not lol. The homage isn't going to be instantly noticed by many people. Hell, i'm a huge Indiana Jones fan (owning several high priced props from the films, including authentic hats) and i didn't get it. Same can be said about the upcoming Scarlet Witch. I saw people bitching about the "logo" on the package being in the shape of an "M" and people thinking it didn't make sense. Or thinking it meant "Mutant" or "Magneto" when in reality, it's a homage to her comic head dress. Some people will get it and some won't. That's the nature of things.

To be fair ... as homages go ... that's a pretty deep cut. Not that there's any scientifically reliable way to track it, but I would be willing to bet a lot more people will believe it's a typo than recognize the reference. Weird choice.

That said, still hoping the figure looks good.

Last edited:
Yeah i just finished filming it. I have other stuff that has to go up first, but i really like the figure.

View attachment 246434

Awesome, thanks!

So I opened indy up today...
I'm impressed! Still gunna weather the shirt more, but everything else looks great. The headsculpt looks very much like indy, it's not perfect, but what HS is.
The seperate hair piece has a terrible seam, and like the fedora, is held in place by a magnet.
Overall I'm happy with this figure, but as usual there are a few things that could have been done better.
Heres some pics so you can judge for yourself (with flash)
20160217_103235-1.jpg
20160217_103056-1.jpg
20160217_103032.jpg
20160217_103126.jpg

Back