1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I opened indy up today...
I'm impressed! Still gunna weather the shirt more, but everything else looks great. The headsculpt looks very much like indy, it's not perfect, but what HS is.
The seperate hair piece has a terrible seam, and like the fedora, is held in place by a magnet.
Overall I'm happy with this figure, but as usual there are a few things that could have been done better.
Heres some pics so you can judge for yourself (with flash)
View attachment 246454
View attachment 246455
View attachment 246456
View attachment 246457

Looks good Raiders! How are the joints and articulation?

Part of me wants to pick up loose parts from this... As I sold my custom TOD Indy a few years back... yet.. I am also at a junction in this hobby where I am teetering on just selling off all of my custom work.. PFs included... Just not excited about it any more... I will say that the belt isn't half bad... Only needs a good custom holster and definitely ditch the bag strap (that is a horrendous attempt.. stitching ??)

14 day notice received. Awaiting Optibotomus's review to seal the deal.

You might wanna ask me some questions then here cause my video won't be up until March 7th. I have so much else i have to get uploaded first :( Sorry

You might wanna ask me some questions then here cause my video won't be up until March 7th. I have so much else i have to get uploaded first :( Sorry

Wow - three weeks? You must have a lot to upload.:lol

Can you post some pics?

Part of me wants to pick up loose parts from this... As I sold my custom TOD Indy a few years back... yet.. I am also at a junction in this hobby where I am teetering on just selling off all of my custom work.. PFs included... Just not excited about it any more... I will say that the belt isn't half bad... Only needs a good custom holster and definitely ditch the bag strap (that is a horrendous attempt.. stitching ??)

The bag strap looks identical to the Hasbro one.:dunno

Looks good Raiders! How are the joints and articulation?

All joints are fine. Both elbows on my one were pretty tight, but freed up eventually. I will say the machete, being made of metal, may be a little heavy for the wrist joint to hold above a horizontal postion.
On a side note, forgot to mention that indys aldens actually have laces, thought they would be part of the sculpt but apparently not, its a nice touch imo

Heres a shot of the new figure with the pf from 2011 just for the hell of it! 20160217_155400-2.jpg

20160217_155810-1.jpg
It makes an interesting comparison

Thanks, looks like ill keep waiting for the next attempt at indy.

And i was really looking forward to this figure

So I opened indy up today...
I'm impressed! Still gunna weather the shirt more, but everything else looks great. The headsculpt looks very much like indy, it's not perfect, but what HS is.
The seperate hair piece has a terrible seam, and like the fedora, is held in place by a magnet.
Overall I'm happy with this figure, but as usual there are a few things that could have been done better.
Heres some pics so you can judge for yourself (with flash)
View attachment 246454
View attachment 246455
View attachment 246456
View attachment 246457

Hey Mike, will you be doing custom packages for sale on this again

I have NO idea where they came up with that strap. His strap was brown, thin and had no stitching. Also, it had a silver roller buckle. That literally looks like something from a Mattel toy.

Last edited:
Got this today and love it. It has it's faults, but what doesn't. Ask the missus.............................

Fedora it comes with is actually not bad at all. I was just shaving some off the MJ sculpt, and it will fit, so at some point i'll post a pic up. But i really like this look. It's the MJ Fedora.

005_1_zpsf7c5fpwf.jpg

001_1_zpsypmzqimz.jpg

Got this today and love it. It has it's faults, but what doesn't. Ask the missus.............................

Fedora it comes with is actually not bad at all. I was just shaving some off the MJ sculpt, and it will fit, so at some point i'll post a pic up. But i really like this look. It's the MJ Fedora.

005_1_zpsf7c5fpwf.jpg

001_1_zpsypmzqimz.jpg

Looks good. What about the Sideshow hat on MJ's sculpt?

It's just a shame that you have to make all these modifications in order to make it look decent. I was hoping to use the figure as a 'generic' Indy by basically just throwing a jacket on it, but my disappointment in the final product has meant I've had to go the custom route, which I didn't really want to do. You shouldn't have to make radical changes to a figure that costs $230 to make it look acceptable.

005_1_zpsf7c5fpwf.jpg

001_1_zpsypmzqimz.jpg

How are the overall joints on him, are they flimsy like g.i.joes of the past or more solid like the SSC batman :dunno

Back