1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been out of the thread for a bit. Are we still hating on this or have we decided it's not that bad at all, in fact it's rather good because we have ordered it? :lol

Edit: never mind just seen the pic on previous pages.

Last edited:
So, whilst I'm at it, I might as well post a photo of my custom TOD Indy, using the DX05 headsculpt. I'll be the first to admit that the DX05 sculpt is not a great one, but I still prefer it to the new SS sculpt, and the hat is miles better!!

yeah, me too.. here are some of my necro pics.. the HT body was too big, i eventually swapped it out but didn't finish it.
I still don't think we have a grail Indy sculpt unfortunately, I have the customs too, and none are quite there yet IMO.

8-4.jpg
2-7.jpg
IMG_5586.jpg
DSC05799-1.jpg
3-4.jpg
DSC04541.jpg
DSC04495-2.jpg
DSC04621.jpg

i'm so confused now. I can't decide to get it or not. Maybe that's a sign to just let this one go.

1705a0afbcb02eafbb67c5fae899cf57.jpg
Think this pic shows that if posed right, from the neck down, the outfit and body look good. There's no way to hide the fact that the head / hat is a fail, though.

People who preach that racket are morons. Don't waste your breath on it.

I'm not going to return your personal attack.
I will likely though have to eat a $50 deposit on this Sideshow put there after they refused to partially refund another item that went out to me well below standard.
I will also have to figure out what to do with the jungle environment dio I paid $250 for that this figure was going to go on .... it was a decent deal at the time and I figured there was no way Sideshow could screw up such a a basic figure. Want a jungle display?

But you are correct, I am the moron in this instance. For I predicted Sideshow could at least hit their own basic standards set by Snake Plissken and X-Wing Luke. And Luke had a more complicated helmet/head combo so I ticked that one off as a given.
Shame on me.

No disrespect to anyone but I consider SS human likeness to be a inferior product next to HT. Anything less than HT HS equals "inferior product” when your spending the same amount of money. If SS figures were $150 or less I would be less judgmental.

I have a knockoff anh luke sculpt. That paint looks better than most of sideshow human characters. Sure it is a rippoff but at least with a decent paintjob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back