1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah beat one of HT worst sculpts.
But a win is a win.

It may be one of the worst, but it's not like it's from 2007.

Yank the barbell and plug out of the neck and you can sit the head down further to eliminate that.

At one stage I was going to put long ankle pegs into the DX05 to raise him to the height of the SS TOD. (But the pegs didn't want to go into the Aldens).

Then after doing the 'neck mod' I realised that both figures had miraculously equalized in height. So it must have had some effect.

Apart from the paintwork, that was the standout feature that struck me. The sculpt definitely has attitude.

Will try the push-down with the head.

And yeah, this is pretty good work from SSC, sculpt and paint...

indys_zpscyotfsq8.png

That damn seam :gah:
Oh well was only gonna pose him with his hat on anyway.

It's pretty harsh light so makes it looks more prominent, but yeah looks like something went wrong with that seam. HT is able to hide those reasonably well - but this one is like the SSC Tauntaun.

Fortunately the hat's on nearly all the time (especially because the paint app is very scene specific,) but a hatless "Kali-Ma!" type pose would have been cool.

It's one thing that SSC has truly cheaped out on with this guy - the extra head. Both Han and Luke Hoth had extra heads yet this fig and Luke X, for $40 more, they don't do it for. Really unfortunate, and then they go ahead and totally screw up the hair seam.:gah:

It's pretty harsh light so makes it looks more prominent, but yeah looks like something went wrong with that seam. HT is able to hide those reasonably well - but this one is like the SSC Tauntaun.

Fortunately the hat's on nearly all the time (especially because the paint app is very scene specific,) but a hatless "Kali-Ma!" type pose would have been cool.

It's one thing that SSC has truly cheaped out on with this guy - the extra head. Both Han and Luke Hoth had extra heads yet this fig and Luke X, for $40 more, they don't do it for. Really unfortunate, and then they go ahead and totally screw up the hair seam.:gah:

Observing this hobby over the years, I'm guessing that one of the main costs of producing is painting. If you compare HT to many others from NECA to Hasbro, the biggest difference is the paint apps and price. Cost of casting is probably minimal but for ever piece produced, paint is required. The paint on this head is fantastic compared to thier past figures and i feel holds it's own again HT and others. Based on those, I'm guessing a second head would make the price out of reach for collectors.

hi here, has anyone tried the kato or yunsil leather jacket on this Indy?

pics would be much appreciated!!

i wonder if you heat the head and tighten the seem and put it under cold water , if that will help seal it closer? he looks awesome with the little mods. get mine tuesday!

When you gonna colour ToD indys bag strap?

Maybe next time I have a cup of tea. :wink1:

Hmmm. Tea didn't take to the SS ROTLA bag strap. Maybe it's not leather, even though it looks genuine like the straps SS used to use for rifles.

So I dug out my old wargames paints. Was out of dark brown acrylic but found a pot of brown ink wash. Seems to have done the trick. The added bonus of ink wash is that it has a shinier finish that replicates leather.

25128767364_062f928273_o.jpg

Hmmm. Tea didn't take to the SS ROTLA bag strap. Maybe it's not leather, even though it looks genuine like the straps SS used to use for rifles.

So I dug out my old wargames paints. Was out of dark brown acrylic but found a pot of brown ink wash. Seems to have done the trick. The added bonus of ink wash is that it has a shinier finish that replicates leather.

25128767364_062f928273_o.jpg
f502aa2a947a946b8411a96e9b6a0226.jpg

I just used a black pen, worked ok

Sendt fra min SM-G925F med Tapatalk

hi, been noting down tips about the figure, posing and light mods.

As always, thank you guys.

I have no Indy, and this will be my first.

I was wondering about the MJ Choi Hat sculpt posted before:

That's the MJ hat. Tailor made for TOD if you ask me.

Desperate for an older Han now for KOTCS. If they ever get around to #5, that one too.

is it possible to get that hat? the MJ hat sculpt?

:lecture

Mine's had too dark of a mustache which messed up the likeness. I ended up erasing the mustache and some of the beard. I'm sure with a good repaint, there's a hidden gem in there.
Dr. Jones.jpg

Mine's had too dark of a mustache which messed up the likeness. I ended up erasing the mustache and some of the beard. I'm sure with a good repaint, there's a hidden gem in there.
View attachment 252323

Under the harsh lighting and no stubble he starts to have a slight Tom Hanks vibe there. Weird - haven't seen it in any other pic.:lol

Back