1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta say I am really impressed with this figure. Easily Sideshows best human figure to date.

63df1fcd9a5c635aede2618529905463_zpsmgdzogiv.jpg

I simply can't believe that the company historically known for oversize bobble heads (that got even larger over time) finally nails both sculpt and paint - but makes the head a tad too SMALL.:gah:

Like - if it's not one thing it's another. I wonder why this one is different from the Hoth figs and Luke X (which are on the larger side of HT head size) in this regard? I guess I'd rather have the sculpt/paint right than have the issues those heads have, but why the size difference with such recent SSC figures?:dunno

I see the small head issue in most pics, but I'll be using the head on a slightly smaller/slimmer ROTLA body, and Kuat says the push-down on the TOD muscle body does mostly solve the issue.

The head looks a lot smaller in the pictures I've taken than it does in hand.

Good to hear. My head arrives later this week so will be interesting to have in-hand. If it's noticeable I'll go for the ROTLA Flying Wing fight scene Indy - dusty and bloody on the leaner body.

And just wanted to quote Michael Crawford's review pics here just because the headsculpt looks so amazing in them, best pics I've seen (even the seam is less noticeable)...

review_tdindy_3.jpg

review_tdindy_5.jpg

Also, can anyone post the total length of the sword/machete?

So, my last post was a little rant.....but as they say, perception is 90% of the rule. I broke and ordered this only the 2nd one i have purchased since 2012. The other was battle damaged robocop with Weller portraiit.
I watched whatever youtube reviews i could find. Optibomus was thorough, but his intense white backdrop and lighting detract from how good this actually looks in hand. I watched a video where some british guy opens up with the figure is garbage and dont buy it.
I was 8 when Temple of Doom came out and i saw it with my dad in the theatre and loved it (except for kates screaming).
I started collecting a bit in 2010 and Sideshow Raiders Indy was my first. Underwhelmed and disapointed. However, with no other options i made the best of it. Then, when Hot Toys was going through an 80s nostalgia phase released Raiders Indy i was stoked. Then i saw the fat whip and stunt man sculpt and the too thick looking jacket and didnt pull the trigger.....mainly like others, wanting the few i have to have great likenesses to the actual actors. So looking at Tech Noir Arnold and then DX05 i was like, nah.
And nothing has come out since............some clamored for a Temple of Doom Indy....other just made their own.

Well, i just got it today. Opened it and set it up. The tailoring on the clothes lookes great in hand, unlike most of the review videos for some reason.
The sculpt is awesome and people are truly Trippin about the hat and neck, especially the hat. It looks good and the neck doesnt look like some of these pics make it look.
I wasnt sure,.....i didnt trust Sideshow with 1/6. Well, it stands tall among my Hot Toys/Enterbay collection. Already one of my favorite. Bespin Luke has nothing on Temple of Doom Indy. Love the machete. Expected the stones to be heavier, but no big deal.

Bottom line is, i tried to be skeptical. Am out of the game and was trying to convince myself it wouldnt be that great.

Gentlemen, it's super dope and a great addition to any serious collection. I am 100% happy i got it and think many of the hating videos are people with some weird company fan boy agenda.

If you are on the fence, its an easy buy. EASY.
The guy that said C- and it can be a pass is apparently something that ryhmes with pass.

image.jpg

True,...too bad the exclusive stones dont look like that....i skipped them.

I should note, as a gripe, that my hair magnet was not glued in well so it was attached to the scalp when i removed the hair.

Other gripes.........none really. Of course an extra head is always nice. Having a piece of the bridge might have been cool.

The base is actually nicer than i thought. The lack of color does not bother me and i actually prefer the clean look.

Im just ok with the box art. Others love it. It's not really important.

Of course if they did what bespin luke did with a clean with jacket and battle damaged that would have been Nutz.

But yeah, all in all, stoked about the final product.

True,...too bad the exclusive stones dont look like that....i skipped them.

I should note, as a gripe, that my hair magnet was not glued in well so it was attached to the scalp when i removed the hair.
Other gripes.........none really. Of course an extra head is always nice. Having a piece of the bridge might have been cool.

The base is actually nicer than i thought. The lack of color does not bother me and i actually prefer the clean look.

Im just ok with the box art. Others love it. It's not really important.

Of course if they did what bespin luke did with a clean with jacket and battle damaged that would have been Nutz.

But yeah, all in all, stoked about the final product.

That's a common problem I find with Hot Toys, Magnets coming loose, they must use some cheap @ss glue. Just a blob of super glue should do the trick.

Heard from Sideshow yesterday. They asked me to try and pull the arm out to see if it was truly broken or if it just needed to be pushed back into place. They told me not to worry if it breaks when I try because they asked me to do it and would definitely replace the figure then. It’s just a way for them to troubleshoot the problem.

I wrote back and told them I couldn’t pull the arm out and that pushing it back in place didn’t do anything to help the looseness. I fear they'll say that if it doesn’t pull out it means it’s not broken and therefore they won’t replace the body. Obviously I’m hoping they’ll replace it anyway!

Heard from Sideshow yesterday. They asked me to try and pull the arm out to see if it was truly broken or if it just needed to be pushed back into place. They told me not to worry if it breaks when I try because they asked me to do it and would definitely replace the figure then. It’s just a way for them to troubleshoot the problem.

I wrote back and told them I couldn’t pull the arm out and that pushing it back in place didn’t do anything to help the looseness. I fear they'll say that if it doesn’t pull out it means it’s not broken and therefore they won’t replace the body. Obviously I’m hoping they’ll replace it anyway!

Nah, they pride themselves on feedback, if they told you to do that and it didn't work, they will replace it. However they might want a picture from you showing their method didn't work so be prepared

Your lucky they even responded to you Mad Old Lu. What I got was a return confirmation order to send my figure back. I didn't even put in a request for a return, not to mention they didn't contact me personally after I sent 2 emails one with the initial arm problem and a follow up with them sending yet another automated message saying if you send us any more emails you will reset in their email cue and put back to the end of the line. I swear the whole handling of this issue for me has been garbage. I know they have a lot of people to attend to with issues/returns/questions and such, but to get 3 automated messages with no real rep contacting me and then them shirking it off and just sending a return slip which I didn't want or ask for is stupid. Its 2016 we should be able to reach a real person by email from a reputable business is less than 2 weeks

Your lucky they even responded to you Mad Old Lu. What I got was a return confirmation order to send my figure back. I didn't even put in a request for a return, not to mention they didn't contact me personally after I sent 2 emails one with the initial arm problem and a follow up with them sending yet another automated message saying if you send us any more emails you will reset in their email cue and put back to the end of the line. I swear the whole handling of this issue for me has been garbage. I know they have a lot of people to attend to with issues/returns/questions and such, but to get 3 automated messages with no real rep contacting me and then them shirking it off and just sending a return slip which I didn't want or ask for is stupid. Its 2016 we should be able to reach a real person by email from a reputable business is less than 2 weeks

Wow never heard of that from them. Usually they email their intentions pretty quickly. Did you try online chat with them

WHAT?!? That's crazy! Is it at all possible their emails might have gotten sent to a junk folder? Because yes, it's very strange and unlike them to not contact you in any way. But it seems that they're going to replace the whole thing, right? What did you originally ask them for?

WHAT?!? That's crazy! Is it at all possible their emails might have gotten sent to a junk folder? Because yes, it's very strange and unlike them to not contact you in any way. But it seems that they're going to replace the whole thing, right? What did you originally ask them for?

That's the funny thing though.The thing they sent me was just a return request only not an exchange lol. So it seemed like they were unofficially saying "well your not happy with the figure? Give it back then" haha no I know that's not what they were saying but sure felt like it was them trying to sweep me under the rug or something

As long as they refund the shipping too then I think you're good. The ex is still available and it's shipping now, so really it's just the inconvenience of having to place your order again. But I think I would reach out to them and get a clear answer to what it is they are proposing you do. i.e., return (with shipping) or exchange...

So strange their customer service. The person who emailed me sounded nice. Or rather, the email was worded very friendly. But then you have other cases where they don't respond for weeks and then it's just an abrupt return slip without any explanation!

As long as they refund the shipping too then I think you're good. The ex is still available and it's shipping now, so really it's just the inconvenience of having to place your order again. But I think I would reach out to them and get a clear answer to what it is they are proposing you do. i.e., return (with shipping) or exchange...

So strange their customer service. The person who emailed me sounded nice. Or rather, the email was worded very friendly. But then you have other cases where they don't respond for weeks and then it's just an abrupt return slip without any explanation!

I actually just got off the phone with a rep who was actually very nice. He told me that they sent me a return request due to the fact that since it was the body that was damaged they don't have any replacement bodies to give out so I would have to exchange the entire figure. Would have been nice to get a message from an actual person stating that lol. It is kind of an inconvenience but if that's the only option then so be it. Guess I'll be exchanging mine tomorrow.

I actually just got off the phone with a rep who was actually very nice. He told me that they sent me a return request due to the fact that since it was the body that was damaged they don't have any replacement bodies to give out so I would have to exchange the entire figure. Would have been nice to get a message from an actual person stating that lol. It is kind of an inconvenience but if that's the only option then so be it. Guess I'll be exchanging mine tomorrow.

Good to hear! :duff

Back