1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the hat looks better (not as big) when it's worn like this.

f3341c0157794be2039e928d98563fbe.jpg

Not sure if serious.

3245580-circa-1955-studio-portrait-of-a-man-wiping-the-gettyimages.jpg

The Hoth Han sculpt looks the worst out of all of them. This Indy sculpt is a vast improvement over that one.

No-no-no, it's supposed to be Tan Solo. It nails him too.

I think the hat looks better (not as big) when it's worn like this.
f3341c0157794be2039e928d98563fbe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like drunk Indy's going to smash a window with that Sankara stone.:lol

Looking at that lineup is interesting in that it makes my perception of all the sculpts worse. If I had to pick the best one it would be HT solo and while it certainly isn't spot on, I still like it.

No-no-no, it's supposed to be Tan Solo. It nails him too.

Looks like drunk Indy's going to smash a window with that Sankara stone.:lol

Haha. I think your right. it does add character though [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, there certainly is a lot of activity in here for this figure...and not all of it is the "knives and pitchforks" variety that usually accompanies a Sideshow release. That alone is refreshing....

I'm very happy with this one...it's been fun seeing the mods and interesting shots. While the "comparison" shot certainly makes interesting viewing, for me the bottom line is how the individual version looks alone, right in front of me. And this one's is truly a stunner...really cool figure. I hope Sideshow gives us another Indy figure somewhere down the line.

Another shot from me...

Tried Indy in the mine cart. Sorry for the crappy pic. Will try to do more in daylight.
Also tried to pose him hanging in front of it, but that pose is a b..tch and he is too heavy, so it resulted in the cart tipping over.
6d38dbb552835d847fd3486df4996f7b.jpg

Sendt fra min SM-G925F med Tapatalk

Nice comparisons..the new SS indy sculpt is certainly a vast improvement over their previous offerings. Along with the HT solo it looks to have the best ford likeness in that line up..

Agreed, TOD Indy is the best yet, just wish there was a non-battle-damaged option.

Speaking of which, I guess the head has come and gone at Toy Anxiety huh? I notice other parts are there.

Last edited:
Saw this on display at a toy show today and he looks great in person, save for maybe a case of giraffe neck. But overall a really nice figure. I was impressed with the likeness and the paint apps.

Agreed, TOD Indy is the best yet, just wish there was a non-battle-damaged option.

Speaking of which, I guess the head has come and gone at Toy Anxiety huh? I notice other parts are there.

I managed to get a head when they were in-stock. It will come back - everything except stuff like hands and few other bits are left, so they'll part out another few if you want a head.

I realized that I have a ton of Indy gear already (several SSC and HT complete sets including an extra HT fedora) and muscle bodies are dirt cheap these days so I figured just getting the head was the way to go. Just couldn't rationalize the $250 in the end.

I may just put the HT fedora on and make him a fight scene Indy from ROTLA though. Trying to decide if I want to do him as TOD or not. Head seems a bit small for a muscle body (might be creating the giraffe neck,) not sure.

In all honesty, everything weighed up (most critically, price/quality ratio) the TOD head looks like the best 1/6 Indy head to date. A pretty decent likeness (from some angles, better than nearly all really) decent paint (better than recent SSC efforts and nearly on-par with HT,) decent level of sculpt detail (way better than Tan Solo,) affordable.

And unlike nearly all more recent HF sculpts (including HT's "stuffed Solo") he actually has some attitude/expression, important for HF and Indy. Yeah, there are others that do better in a single category, but not overall.

Trying to decide if I want to do him as TOD or not. Head seems a bit small for a muscle body (might be creating the giraffe neck,) not sure.

Yank the barbell and plug out of the neck and you can sit the head down further to eliminate that.

At one stage I was going to put long ankle pegs into the DX05 to raise him to the height of the SS TOD. (But the pegs didn't want to go into the Aldens).

Then after doing the 'neck mod' I realised that both figures had miraculously equalized in height. So it must have had some effect.

TaliBane said:
And unlike nearly all more recent HF sculpts (including HT's "stuffed Solo") he actually has some attitude/expression, important for HF and Indy. Yeah, there are others that do better in a single category, but not overall.

Apart from the paintwork, that was the standout feature that struck me. The sculpt definitely has attitude.

Another angle:

25743990915_bbc4987254_o.jpg

SS TOD Indy with lowered head; HT DX05 gun belt and holster; SS ROTLA gas mask bag.

DX05 with Vigilante Collectibles leather gun belt and tea-weathered holster.

Tried Indy in the mine cart. Sorry for the crappy pic. Will try to do more in daylight.
Also tried to pose him hanging in front of it, but that pose is a b..tch and he is too heavy, so it resulted in the cart tipping over.
6d38dbb552835d847fd3486df4996f7b.jpg

Sendt fra min SM-G925F med Tapatalk

Cool cart...where did you get it?

Back