Sideshow 1/6 Imperial Probe Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with as the best substitute pole.

I also heard that it was a something the Lucasfilm set in place, but does anyone here know the reasoning behind that?
I could see them equating the stand being black with it being a more museum-like display/less toyish. Or maybe it's something internal to their process when creating this stuff, say the prototypes they build use black stands or something. It definitely wouldn't surprise me if it is mandated.

Just catching up on this thread. The support rod should be clear, glaringly stupid decision.
Unless they had no choice and it's part of their licensing agreement with Lucasfilm. :wink1:

This wasn't even on my radar but after looking at all these pictures its being considered now. Looks fantastic.

Unless they had no choice and it's part of their licensing agreement with Lucasfilm. :wink1:

I imagine happened something like this:

LFL: Ok SSC, you can do the Probe Droid in 1:6 scale
SSC: Yipeeee!
LFL: One more thing... the pole it stands on has to be black
SSC: But.. why? Why not clear?
LFL: Because it has to be black
SSC: Ok we understand you want it black, but what is the reason behind this choice of colors?
LFL: Because it has to be black
SSC: But...
LFL: Black or GTFO!

Could someone who has this please tell me the diameter of the base and whether the figure is wider than the base? Just trying to sort out display options before mine arrives - it will be a while as it coming from a local dealer thanks

To use a black support rod that stands out like dogs balls as opposed to a clear one? Yeah ok.

Maybe Metal says high-end collectible, plastic says Hasbro?

Dunno - all I know is I wanted clear but it comes in black, so I gotta go into DIY mode.:gah:

Maybe Metal says high-end collectible, plastic says Hasbro?

Dunno - all I know is I wanted clear but it comes in black, so I gotta go into DIY mode.:gah:

If it actually was an LFL mandate, it was likely for a "museum" look. But I keep hearing "LFL this" and "LFL that" without any evidence so really...who cares? The rod can be switched out, and I like Pixelpiper's advice...tube is stronger, the colour is site specific, and Bob is in fact your uncle.

Could someone who has this please tell me the diameter of the base and whether the figure is wider than the base? Just trying to sort out display options before mine arrives - it will be a while as it coming from a local dealer thanks

Sir your quote the jedi were the Guardians etc etc... Is messed up you forgot knights I would Change that if I were you

Sir your quote the jedi were the Guardians etc etc... Is messed up you forgot knights I would Change that if I were you

I know. It was edited for space but I have now re edited. It should be accurate now?

Anyway anyone got this dimensions?

To use a black support rod that stands out like dogs balls as opposed to a clear one? Yeah ok.
Just buy a clear one and then you can take this great weight off your overburdened shoulders, Capn! At least it's not difficult to replace, like say the stand included w/Yoda's hover chair.

9.6mm using a digital caliper.

Wouldn't that make the items you linked to earlier (ebay) either too thin (8mm) or too thick (10mm)? Have you bought a clear tube replacement and if so which one?

Thanks. I'm completely useless when it comes to this stuff.

You can also cut an inch off the tube to make it fit in a Detolf.

Found a place nearby that sells 3/8" (.375) clear acrylic rods in 6 foot length for $4.51. Could probably cut the length with a dremel.

Back