Sideshow 1/6 Imperial Probe Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That won't fit in a Detolf....he towers over snowies on his stand...

Close up of the finish:

usejeqeq.jpg

That close up is just screaming for additional paint wash. That's additional thing to do second to replacing the stand.

What's the best way to brush on some snow weathering on this thing? Baking soda?

What's the best way to brush on some snow weathering on this thing? Baking soda?

I think it looks awesome as is, but some light snow would be great effect. No way I'd trust myself to do it though. :lol

Those pics are awesome! Makes me want to recreate the old Kenner Turret and Probot set in 1:6 scale!

Turret-Probot.jpeg

Dinosoar Daz you're in NZ and you have yours already? So jealous. Great photos too, btw.

Tracking mine across the Pacific. Currently it's in Hawaii. Friday it should be here.

I registered today just to ask...
I just got my probe droid today too - but I've encountered a weird problem - my on/off switch isn't there. there's just a hole.
The sound works fine, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn on the lights, maybe it has something to do with that the on/off switch isn't there.
Any tips?

I'll take some more photos tomorrow night. I've been working all day, but I'm home now and staring this thing down...I just posted a summary of my thoughts on Rebelscum and I'll share the same here:

Pros:

1. Killer sculpt; sharp.

2. Stock paint job is good.

3. Articulated to hell and back - the "eye" turrets all move independently of one another and the pistons work.

4. Scale looks good and as such the size has great "shelf presence".

5. Sound and light if you want it.

6. Unique collectible.

7. Appears to be screen accurate (haven't done a serious comparison yet).

Cons:

1. High price. Personally I don't think it's as overpriced as some say, but yes...

2. Delicate. Build quality is okay so I wouldn't call it "flimsy" - it's not shoddy and falling apart from normal display use (any factory QC issues aside), but not robust.

3. Hoth "base hugger" relatively weak in the detail and finish department, could have been done better although it's not terrible.

4. Stand has that odd dome-shaped design (for stability maybe?) that looks a little weird without the base hugger.

What I would change:

1. Improved paint.
2. Tougher build quality.

Was it worth it?

It was to me. I'll get over what I think is a somewhat inflated price. But now I can find the rebel base.

I think that's right on. I don't regret getting it.
I've noticed however, that when you lift up the lid of the bottom part of the droid, you can add some metal rings around the base to give the model more weight. I think I'll do that to mine...

Back