Sideshow 1/6 Imperial Probe Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks as if it's most likely from the Vader or Emperor arrival scenes in Jedi. Maybe it was on set somewhere and just didn't make it into the scene.

Last edited:
I like the figures looking more like real folks, not fit and muscular. Some of the 1/6th figures such as these should be a bit more unfit. I think it adds to the realism.

yeb9i.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It is from Jedi...when Vader arrives...a cut shot...the set was all dressed just didn't get all filmed...

WOW...they had a 1/6 Probe droid in the early 80's and Sideshow is just getting around to releasing one now????

Thant is larger than 1:6 ;)

Cool photo. I love seeing the props up close. Thanks, jkno.

No problem. Check out the link I posted above too then :)

I have a second Photobucket account, which is private, and I used to have all these photos there. Though I still have some hidden treasures on the private account, why not have these cool prop and studio scale pics open to public.

would look even better if that pole holding it up was painted snow white. shocked its not clear but i guess there wasnt a material that would hold its weight. gotta think they at least tried to go that route etc.

shocked its not clear but i guess there wasnt a material that would hold its weight.

I know the weight for this piece isn't published yet, but unless something really surprising happens, like it has a softball-sized solid lead or steel center, Acrylic rod or tube would work fine to hold it up.

I know the weight for this piece isn't published yet, but unless something really surprising happens, like it has a softball-sized solid lead or steel center, Acrylic rod or tube would work fine to hold it up.

yeah i assume acrylic would work but cant imagine they wouldnt have considered that during the creation process. can only think it was tried and abandoned for whatever reason.

The simple explanation is that they just chose black (for those photos). I wouldn't bet on anything more complex than that.

Back