1/6 Sideshow 1/6 General Grevious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS really shooting themselves on their own feet...first they apologized and admit they have failed us because the product is not up to their "high" standard and they give this replacement joints to make it up.

Now in what universe does SS think the fix is only for the single arm joints? To me this is a half assed attempt to fix the issue. High standard my a**.

Damn this, was holding on because of the promise of replacement joints, but now... there goes my NRD.

Last edited:
SS really shooting themselves on their own feet...first they apologized and admit they have failed us because the product is not up to their "high" standard and they give this replacement joints to make it up.

Now in what universe does SS think the fix is only for the single arm joints? To me this is a half assed attempt to fix the issue. High standard my a**.

Damn this, was holding on because of the promise of replacement joints, but now... there goes my NRD.
If you contact them and explain the situation to them (i.e. their “fix” is insufficient), then you can probably get your NRD refunded. Doesn’t hurt to ask. I’ve done this before when some of the HT Suicide Squad Harley figures were arriving with holes in the stockings and had no problem. I told them I wanted to cancel my order b/c I didn’t want to get one with chance of it arriving that way and was able to got my NRD back for that figure

What a piece of junk.

Not sure how long I'll have to wait, but I'll wait for HT.

In my case, yes I need 1/6 Grievous bad! However I will not be supporting SS for producing a flawed product, promised a fix but being half-assed on the attempt and still charging premium price for the figure.

I'll save me some headache in the future and I'll just wait for HT.

In my case, yes I need 1/6 Grievous bad! However I will not be supporting SS for producing a flawed product, promised a fix but being half-assed on the attempt and still charging premium price for the figure.

I'll save me some headache in the future and I'll just wait for HT.
Not sure if Hot Toys will ever release it.
And I am not 100% convinced with SS release
Maybe sideshow will lower the price due to this issue

For some inexplicable reason, Hot Toys battle droid has always give me hop for eventual Grievous.

3EC868C7-0805-4B79-AFC5-392A860CF87D.jpeg

I do love this figure though. Such a unique shelf presence. If he only wasn’t floppy unless you do the work of making him somewhat stable.

Attachments

• 0A336262-93FF-455F-BEFF-3BBCEE1C6ABD.jpeg
    0A336262-93FF-455F-BEFF-3BBCEE1C6ABD.jpeg
    200.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
I do love this figure though. Such a unique shelf presence. If he only wasn’t floppy unless you do the work of making him somewhat stable.
Nice pose!

That’s the thing right there. SS made a nice looking figure that was poorly designed and poorly constructed. Couple that with the bold faced lies about it during ComicCon and I can see why many aren’t getting it.
I’m still getting it because it’s going to look nice on the shelf, it’s the only game in town at the moment and I don’t want to wait to see when HT will do one if ever.

If I were a stronger man I would have returned him when the offer was available to do so. The first night I opened him I was so angry at myself for falling into the trap of sideshow promises. Then I started playing around with balancing him, getting some poses that I liked and he has become one of my favorite figures based only on his unique look. I am constantly reposing him even if I do so delicately because he does want to fall over if not balanced just right.
Its a tough situation, I have no idea if HT will ever produce a Grievous so I’m happy I have this even if I still feel ripped off by Sideshow.

This is my response from Sideshow. Does not mention if they will be “new” joints or just the same as before.

Attachments

• D75BCE9E-ED32-4061-9D74-C11F360C94B1.jpeg
    D75BCE9E-ED32-4061-9D74-C11F360C94B1.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 81
Back