1/6 Sideshow 1/6 General Grevious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is a photo of my heavily modified sideshow general grievous. this was the original release version that was broken but put it to use. I used the combination of sideshow and from a broken gentle giant general grievous bust I had sitting in the box. I engineered the sideshow arms and legs to the grievous bust which took a lot of work to do. i managed to even used the sideshow face plate with the gentle giant head heavily sanded down to where the face plate sat on top of the old gentle giant face sculpt. . I managed to use those old sideshow ratchet arm joints into the gentle giant bust. the legs were interesting project though. i used some ball joint and cup system to configure into the the bust lower half . at least it works. redid the single arms I used the ball and cup system from those Lego constructs well the Lego build a figure general grievous. now the arms bend the way they should at the elbow while still using the piston system for the bicep swivel like on an 1/6 body. this has been a long work in progress since march this past winter going through different changes through out the year. I got rid of those weak hand magnets and gave them those old box flap magnets from the old sideshow boxes I had an extra laying around. in the second photo you can see how it looked before. and the after. the hasbro legs were tossed after i got a deal for the original broken and missing parts. even have the original release split arms and original cap. i have a custom cap i got on ebay just dont know which one i will go with. i know the custom cap has a wires in it. I also re-did his feet by making his side toes shorter on both feet as they didn`t look right as they looked to long. I feel like I just put together a larger version of the Bandai model kit of grievous
IMG_0548.jpg

Attachments

• s-l1600 (6).jpg
    s-l1600 (6).jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
here is a photo of my heavily modified sideshow general grievous. this was the original release version that was broken but put it to use. I used the combination of sideshow and from a broken gentle giant general grievous bust I had sitting in the box. I engineered the sideshow arms and legs to the grievous bust which took a lot of work to do. i managed to even used the sideshow face plate with the gentle giant head heavily sanded down to where the face plate sat on top of the old gentle giant face sculpt. . I managed to use those old sideshow ratchet arm joints into the gentle giant bust. the legs were interesting project though. i used some ball joint and cup system to configure into the the bust lower half . at least it works. redid the single arms I used the ball and cup system from those Lego constructs well the Lego build a figure general grievous. now the arms bend the way they should at the elbow while still using the piston system for the bicep swivel like on an 1/6 body. this has been a long work in progress since march this past winter going through different changes through out the year. I got rid of those weak hand magnets and gave them those old box flap magnets from the old sideshow boxes I had an extra laying around. in the second photo you can see how it looked before. and the after. the hasbro legs were tossed after i got a deal for the original broken and missing parts. even have the original release split arms and original cap. i have a custom cap i got on ebay just dont know which one i will go with. i know the custom cap has a wires in it. I also re-did his feet by making his side toes shorter on both feet as they didn`t look right as they looked to long. I feel like I just put together a larger version of the Bandai model kit of grievous View attachment 538614
I love the addition of the huge magnifying glass, as well! :wink1:

But seriously, great job!

Pity I had high hopes for this figure
To be honest, it's rather good when you have it posed up. Just be sure to order with SS and ask for replacement parts since something in the box must be replaced. I have received replacement parts for all I asked, waiting for updated joints. It does have a nice presence in the display.

To be honest, it's rather good when you have it posed up. Just be sure to order with SS and ask for replacement parts since something in the box must be replaced. I have received replacement parts for all I asked, waiting for updated joints. It does have a nice presence in the display.
I will wait till they fix the joints

The joints are already ready. I got the email a few days ago saying they would be shipped out. So that was much quicker than expected. I wonder who has to open all the boxes and swap the joints out 🤣

Received a mail last week stating they are in-stock. Yet to send it out though.
Mine shipped out yesterday which is why I posted it. Sorry, I should’ve made that clearer in my post. I do wonder though if someone is going to be opening up all the boxes and swapping out the old joints or if they’ll just send the new ones along

Back