1/6 Sideshow 1/6 General Grevious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1630690467782.png

Check all the fingers on your copy. Mine have a few loops/hinges with cracks, increasing the risk of future breakage significantly. Also, check the pelvis on your figure. More specifically where the two parts are glued together, I believe it might be at risk of breaking if one is not careful when repositioning the upper legs. Mine shows signs of it sadly. Not sure if this problem is limited to the re-issue but haven't heard any original owners complain about it.

If you find any issues, you should report them back to Sideshow for investegation or partial refund. Better to do it now before the 30-day return window has closed.
Thanks for the head's up. I checked him over thoroughly when he arrived and just now. he is good except for the somewhat loose shoulder joints. I had expected to get a bad one and was pleasantly surprised that mine seems to be good.

How are you guys getting your refunds from Sideshow so easily? The customs office for some reason sent my Kylo Ren back to them instead of delivering it to me, they've had it since the 16th of August, and I still haven't gotten a refund. I've been emailing them for close to a month, and just today they sent me a refund for the shipping fees only. I'm 250$ minus. And I have 4 POs on Sideshow. I have to say, this isn't good customer service. At least I resisted this Grievous and stuck with my "HT only" code. But Jesus. This hobby is more trouble than it's worth....

My Grievous arrived this week. I must have been lucky his arm joints are not crazy stupid loose. That said he will NOT stand on one foot unaided.View attachment 536946
One thing just bugging me to no end is that open chest plate, it is extremely inaccurate, and the most "grievous" mistake from SS, and so stupid... it is supposedly to cover his ******* vital organ inside for *** sake.

Used floor polish on the pegs and let them dry. Once it’s dry it created a much tighter fit for the arms. Now at least he can hold his back arms up without flopping down.

Attachments

• F2CAB03E-067E-443B-BEC7-8B50A5601891.jpeg
    F2CAB03E-067E-443B-BEC7-8B50A5601891.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 128
  • D178A193-545D-41E2-9EBF-286F06ED5972.jpeg
    D178A193-545D-41E2-9EBF-286F06ED5972.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 112
yeah that`s to bad that these came out like ****. i have / had the original and re worked him a lot. gave him a new body. nuing the gentle giant bust with the arms and legs of the side show. and head . using the rubber neck gizzards into the the gentle giant neck. lots of work went into this creation. the hardest part was figuring out a way to connect the arms to the body.

I took a huge risk and chopped Grievous' arms in half, rotated and glued them so that they bend more like the movie, still not 100% accurate due to the overengineering. Had to shave down the sides of the elbow joint for it to work. Also fixed the position of the fins, and sanded off the top pegs.
grievous mod 3.jpg
grievous mod 4.jpg
grievous mod.jpg

Last edited:
I took a huge risk and chopped Grievous' arms in half, rotated and glued them so that they bend more like the movie, still not 100% accurate due to the overengineering. Had to shave down the sides of the elbow joint for it to work. Also fixed the position of the fins, and sanded off the top pegs.
so what did you do? might be interesting to see

that looks better already with the arms re-positioned. i might try something i might try using some connects from the lego general grievous mixed into the elbows so he can have an elbow swivel as well as the bicep swivel. he shall see. heck my whole grievous is a project. going from swapping the sideshow arms and legs over to a gentle giant bust.

How are you guys getting your refunds from Sideshow so easily? The customs office for some reason sent my Kylo Ren back to them instead of delivering it to me, they've had it since the 16th of August, and I still haven't gotten a refund. I've been emailing them for close to a month, and just today they sent me a refund for the shipping fees only. I'm 250$ minus. And I have 4 POs on Sideshow. I have to say, this isn't good customer service. At least I resisted this Grievous and stuck with my "HT only" code. But Jesus. This hobby is more trouble than it's worth....
I’m sorry to hear that. Their customer service can be hit or miss. I’ve never had an issue with a refund though; they process it quickly. Being an international order shouldn’t be any more difficult.

There’s probably some issues with the time zone but you may want to call them. They may resolve it on the spot if you talk to someone.

I’m sorry to hear that. Their customer service can be hit or miss. I’ve never had an issue with a refund though; they process it quickly. Being an international order shouldn’t be any more difficult.

There’s probably some issues with the time zone but you may want to call them. They may resolve it on the spot if you talk to someone.
I don't want to call them. Long distance and all that. I find that email is always more clear, as there's no words lost or misheard or whatever. Still, it's weird. After nearly a month they send me a refund, and it's only for the shipping? What happened to the other 250$? I just don't know anymore. Everything has to be so goddamn hard. You can't even buy a toy without getting a headache.

I don't want to call them. Long distance and all that. I find that email is always more clear, as there's no words lost or misheard or whatever. Still, it's weird. After nearly a month they send me a refund, and it's only for the shipping? What happened to the other 250$? I just don't know anymore. Everything has to be so goddamn hard. You can't even buy a toy without getting a headache.
Yeah I hear you. Sounds like some kind of technical error, hopefully.

I don’t like calling either and you have the added hassle of being international. But people seem to have good luck getting it sorted out quickly that way.

The last time I emailed them, I got a response right away. But the time before that, it took a while.

Hope you get it sorted out.

Yeah I hear you. Sounds like some kind of technical error, hopefully.

I don’t like calling either and you have the added hassle of being international. But people seem to have good luck getting it sorted out quickly that way.

The last time I emailed them, I got a response right away. But the time before that, it took a while.

Hope you get it sorted out.
Usually they respond pretty fast. I don't know what the problem is this time. It's really a pain.

Thanks for the wishes, I appreciate it!

I've not had to return much in my history with Sideshow but when I did, I think I got the full refund after they received and checked the return. In some cases, they had me destroy and send pics of the exchange item if it wasn't a straight return. I'm in the US so that's likely a much easier process than outside the US. Good luck!

that looks better already with the arms re-positioned. i might try something i might try using some connects from the lego general grievous mixed into the elbows so he can have an elbow swivel as well as the bicep swivel. he shall see. heck my whole grievous is a project. going from swapping the sideshow arms and legs over to a gentle giant bust.
He is a project for me too. I want to incorportate a ball joint at the waist, but am figuring out the logistics before I give him the Maul treatment :ROFLMAO:

I've not had to return much in my history with Sideshow but when I did, I think I got the full refund after they received and checked the return. In some cases, they had me destroy and send pics of the exchange item if it wasn't a straight return. I'm in the US so that's likely a much easier process than outside the US. Good luck!
They've had the figure since mid-August, it's not a return issue. The customs screwed up, didn't notify me, and after the two weeks the figure was sent back. But after they confirmed through email that they had it, and that I'd be refunded, they went straight to radio silence. I pestered them a bit with another email another two weeks later, and they finally sent me a refund of a whooping 50 euros... I just don't get what the problem is. I hope it'll be fixed though, I can't lose 250$.

They've had the figure since mid-August, it's not a return issue. The customs screwed up, didn't notify me, and after the two weeks the figure was sent back. But after they confirmed through email that they had it, and that I'd be refunded, they went straight to radio silence. I pestered them a bit with another email another two weeks later, and they finally sent me a refund of a whooping 50 euros... I just don't get what the problem is. I hope it'll be fixed though, I can't lose 250$.

Ahhh, gotcha. Sorry, that sounds like a big pain. That's one of the primary reasons I've stuck with Sideshow for preorders as they're usually pretty good about customer service. If their business model trends toward making it difficult to do that, there's not much incentive left to go with them...

Back