Sideshow 1:6 Commander Cody

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you take the Shoulder pad off? the one with the antenna? I have to do some repair work on it and It looks like it should be able to unsnap from the connecting piece, but I want to make sure.

I'm just really hoping they remake another one. I joined in the game late and wasn't able to get one on release date. Still searching for a reasonable priced one!!

Being one of the first clones, how does the quality of Cody stack up against the newer releases? I think my clone resistance has finally broken, I've pre-ordered Rex and have my finger hovering over the 212th and 501st deluxe clones, so I will probably need a Cody. He looks pretty good in the pictures.
Does anyone have a picture of Cody with the new 212th deluxe clone?

Being one of the first clones, how does the quality of Cody stack up against the newer releases? I think my clone resistance has finally broken, I've pre-ordered Rex and have my finger hovering over the 212th and 501st deluxe clones, so I will probably need a Cody. He looks pretty good in the pictures.
Does anyone have a picture of Cody with the new 212th deluxe clone?

I would say the paint apps are better on newer like Ganch or Wolfe but the quality of Cody armor wise and accessories make him worthwhile if your committed to having cody in your collection for the current price.

This glorious bastard arrived today... It's been a long time coming. When SSC put these up for order that was before I could afford figures on a regular basis, and I didn't check all that often... By the time I seen it the EX was sold out and the regular was on wait-list, jumped on the wait-list and it was promptly cancelled the next day.

Since I have some troopers on PO from SSC that will be arriving within the next couple months, I decided to finally pick up my favorite clone, and I'm glad I did.
HFQBT5w.jpg

My only complaint is that the arms can't hold up much weight... I wanted to pose him with the gun aimed up, but the arm kept falling so I left it down.

Last edited:
Great figure, can't see it being made by Hot Toys. Lucky you got one.

I agree.. I think it'll be a long time before we see Hot Toys produce any prequel figures. I'd say just the classic stuff for now and then we'll see the new stuff from epVII in the fall.

I agree.. I think it'll be a long time before we see Hot Toys produce any prequel figures. I'd say just the classic stuff for now and then we'll see the new stuff from epVII in the fall.

Given the 3 new main movies 7, 8 and 9, plus movies about individual characters, Boba Fett?, young Han?, etc., I doubt these ever get made by HT.

Cody is one of my favorite pieces in my collection. I think it's a great figure, even up against the new deluxe clones.
troops8.jpg

Thanks, I'm fond of them. I've got another 212th clone on the way to add to them.

Sent you a PM about the armor.

Given the 3 new main movies 7, 8 and 9, plus movies about individual characters, Boba Fett?, young Han?, etc., I doubt these ever get made by HT.

I've been asking around. Is SS still gonna make any new clones with HT and EP7 on the horizon. No news at all.

At least give us the clone commandos first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's about the last thing they didn't get around to. As much of a clone factory as Sideshow was for a long time, I would actually like to see the commandos.

I've been asking around. Is SS still gonna make any new clones with HT and EP7 on the horizon. No news at all.
At least give us the clone commandos first

Well, they have 4 clones and a clone related figure coming out this year. Rex phase II, ARC Echo and Fives, Bomb squad and Cad Bane in Denal Disguise. So, I don't think we'll see anything more, except for a convention exclusive this year, maybe. Whether we get anything from SS that's not OT or EP VII related is unknown. Some think Disney doesn't want anything that is not from those two franchises produced for whatever reason, who knows? So, I would say until something that is not related to those two franchises is announced to refute this belief we won't know for sure. I think the Commandos and clone troopers seen in the movies and the Clone Wars cartoon would still sell very well.

I'm not sure if that order from Disney applied to Sideshow and/or Hot Toys. While Hasbro pretty much killed are prequel stuff, Sideshow still had plenty of other things come out afterward (including new announcements). From a profit perspective, Sideshow is milking their clone armor for every cent they can (and let's face it, it's a good product).

That being said, the commando armor is pretty different from standard clone armor. The helmet, chest, arms, shoulders, and knees are all different, from what I can tell. Also needs a new backpack and, of course, a new weapon. That's a lot of work for a niche figure when there's a drive on the OT stuff, Ep7 stuff to prepare, and possibly stuff from the animated Rebels series (my conjecture only, Sideshow hasn't made any statements that I'm aware of about it).

Still, I think the commando would sell pretty well, so it's not impossible.

Sorry for being late on having Cody on my collection but this figure rocks! Got him and Rex as a pair for just under 170$ (I live outside usa). Very pleased with my first 2 clones!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I doubt we'll see the commandos since they are from a game which is now considered non-canon and I wouldn't doubt the new Disney licence only allows for canon characters. If you want them, you're probably going to have to make them yourself.

Forgive me for correcting you, Nate, but the commandos ARE canon. One showed up in season 5 of the Clone Wars series: Gregor. He was in the "Missing in Action" episode.
Gregor-HS.jpg
400px-GregorHS-AIM.png

Though it's still unlikely, since there was only ONE in the whole series. Kinda sad, really. I'd have loved to have seen a story arc about a commando team.

That would have been awesome. I loved the Rebel Commando game on the Xbox. Would have been a definite buy for me!

Back