Sideshow 1:6 Commander Cody

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'allrighty, here are some shots of the Phase I helmet and the Morrison head.

I'm glad you asked me to take some pix of these because I realized I am the proud owner of the ultra-exclusive "broken in the box" Phase I helmet. Until I went in for the close-up, I assumed the tip of the antennae was SUPPOSED to be bent at an angle! Looks like I'll be sending a message to Sideshow once I'm done posting these photos!

FYI - Cody arrived wearing the Phase I helmet. When I gave it a tug to remove it, (I am planning on displaying him with the Phase II helmet) the whole neck came off under the body suit. Since the body suit is sewn so only the top of the neck peg protrudes, I had a heck of a time getting that neck popped back in! Therefore, I did not put the Phase I helmet nor the Morrison head onto the figure to take these photos.

dsc00108zk.jpg

dsc00109ev.jpg

dsc00110cd.jpg

dsc00111ia.jpg

dsc00112ed.jpg

dsc00113k.jpg

dsc00114sm.jpg

dsc00115me.jpg

Gotta - er - HAND it to Sideshow... they definitely gave us enough to choose from!

dsc00116f.jpg

dsc00117g.jpg

SWEET! THANKS!

Sorry to see the antenna broke on your Phase 1 helm. :(

What a nice looking figure. Turned out GREAT!:clap

Paint apps looks alright in those shots and as is the case with the last several clones we get a crap pile of stuff with them.

I have no worries whatsoever about Sideshow replacing the helmet. They've always been great about such things.

Oh, and one more nice bonus: Cody shipped in the styrofoam box protectors.

- MJ

man I cant wait to get mine! one displayed with the phase 1 helmet,one with phase 2 helmet and one with the helmet off.
sweet!

Great shots, MicroJow!

I just picked up Cody myself from the fedex driver. Freakin' incredible figure! Sideshow went above and beyond with this one. I don't remember ever seeing Cody with the hand blasters. He has no holsters for them, but it is nice to have them anyway.

There is a little assembly required right out of the box. These feel just a little fragile to me so take care with them.

DSC09976.jpg

DSC09977.jpg

DSC09978.jpg

I am not much for weathering/battle damage...but th effect on this figure has been done nicely.

I very much like the portrait and the paint app on it. It bears only a passing resemblance to Temura Morrison to me. But as I have mentioned about a million times...I don't care about the head sculpts looking like the actors. I just want them to represent the character well...and this one hits that right in the bullseye for me.

I will add a few shots to the thread when my "office mate" leaves for the day.

I think that Cody helmet is the best version of the Phase II helmets and if I had any type of talent these customizers on these boards do, I'd probably re-paint one as a blue 501st version.

Thanks for the shots, DC and MJ...looking good.

I really like the weathering...a good combo of effects going on there...more than just the standard black swipes and shading...looks great.

Head sculpt looks okay...nice clean hairline on the paint apps...a question for you guys on the scar...is it sculpted in or just painted on? I hope sculpted a bit....

So, no separate collar like Rex featured? That made swapping head/helmets easier, that's for sure. And thanks for the heads-up about the antennae, DC...from the looks of what MJ ended up with, maybe SS should've had the one on the Phase 1 helmet as a separate piece too...

Keep the pics coming, folks! Really appreciate them!

Thanks for the shots, DC and MJ...looking good.

I really like the weathering...a good combo of effects going on there...more than just the standard black swipes and shading...looks great.

Head sculpt looks okay...nice clean hairline on the paint apps...a question for you guys on the scar...is it sculpted in or just painted on? I hope sculpted a bit....

So, no separate collar like Rex featured? That made swapping head/helmets easier, that's for sure. And thanks for the heads-up about the antennae, DC...from the looks of what MJ ended up with, maybe SS should've had the one on the Phase 1 helmet as a separate piece too...

Keep the pics coming, folks! Really appreciate them!

Always a pleasure, JB. There is a separate material collar around his neck. I am always afraid of pulling off the neck so I sort of roll the head as I am removing it. I did that with Cody and had no problem removing the Phase I helmet.

And the scar is sculpted as near as I can tell.

DSC09981.jpg

I am not quite sure why, but it seems that the left trigger-finger hand on this copy of Cody is much more rigid than the right one. It almost seems to have been made out of different material. And it seems that it is going to be an issue for sure when it comes to putting a weapon in his left hand.

Great pics guys! He looks great. Mine is on the truck and should be here any second.

Back