Sideshow 1:6 Commander Cody

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm kind of glad that it hasn't shipped yet. doing a lot of contemplating on weather or not to cancel my PO b/c of the recently released pics of HT DX Sparrow :(

Personally based on HT track record with Jack I'd keep Cody.

I think this will be the last Jack Sparrow, at least from HT. They are calling it the Genuine Jack Sparrow Figure, which implies that this will be the ultimate and nothing after it (at least that's what I'm getting from that statement)

Also, I just think Cody will be more available at its retail price than HT Jack Sparrow. I thought Rex was going to sell out at CSC and other places real fast and yet it's still in stock :dunno

and Depp is my all time favorite actor so there is some bias in there for which I choose :lol

Personally based on HT track record lately, I'd keep Jack as well as Cody. Jack will probably not go into pre-order for a while. Then give it at least another 9 months until release. That's plenty of time to save up.

Personally based on HT track record lately, I'd keep Jack as well as Cody. Jack will probably not go into pre-order for a while. Then give it at least another 9 months until release. That's plenty of time to save up.

College expenses and tuition means pick only one though for me unfortunately :(

I think this will be the last Jack Sparrow, at least from HT. They are calling it the Genuine Jack Sparrow Figure, which implies that this will be the ultimate and nothing after it (at least that's what I'm getting from that statement)

Also, I just think Cody will be more available at its retail price than HT Jack Sparrow. I thought Rex was going to sell out at CSC and other places real fast and yet it's still in stock :dunno

and Depp is my all time favorite actor so there is some bias in there for which I choose :lol

It might be unless they do another movie after this. I just hope they do a better job on it than previous versions because they've been shaky at best on the character.

Cody will probably be able to be bought later if you choose Jack which if he's your fave as far as character and actor (Depp) then roll with that.

I'm kind of glad that it hasn't shipped yet. doing a lot of contemplating on weather or not to cancel my PO b/c of the recently released pics of HT DX Sparrow :(

Do it, save some cash..this one probally will have really poopie weathering like Phase I Sgt. Only SS product i plan on buying this year is the Cobra Viper and Commander Cody(if the paint apps turn out really good..but on the fence still).

This really is the only clone i truly am interested in, i know if i bought all the clone releases so far i'd eventually regret the wasted money that could have went to other cool stuff like Hot Toys,Transformers,Macross etc..

Personally based on HT track record with Jack I'd keep Cody.

Riiiiiiiight.

College expenses and tuition means pick only one though for me unfortunately :(

Ah, I understand. I think Sparrow will eventually sell out and prices will start hitting the stratosphere shortly there-after. If the rest of the clones are any indication, you'll have more time to pick one up at retail pricing. (just as you said). So my recommendation is to go with Sparrow. Plus, you mentioned you are a big Depp fan.

Wow. Just looked at the figure online... that's really an amazing figure. He might be the last figure I buy to round out my DETOLF.

I hate the prequel trilogy, and Cody's not even that interesting of a character as far as I can tell, so I don't know why I like him so much. He's also the only prequel character I own in 3.75 scale too.

Someone explain why he's so dadgum cool.

This is gonna be my first sideshow star wars 1/6 figure ,previously ive had just HT 1/6's...kinda excited..
Already got the tracker pred on PO,,and gonna be doin the same with jack sparrow,,,its turning out to be a good year

This was my point earlier.
It's not on the 30-day notice, but says shipping in April.
Must be the last week.

Back