Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still like my SS 3PO. I think it's a great figure, other than the thumbs of course. I never liked the Tamashii version. I've seen it in person and held it in hand, and yes it feels nice and heavy, but there was always something I didn't like about the sculpt and it just being off for me... I also prefer my 3PO to be dirty and weathered, not shiny and clean.

So for me SS is still the one, until HT makes an OT 3PO, and not the TFA shown with the red arm and the thicker body.

Thanks for all the input fellas, I ended up putting my reward points towards 2 HT Royal Guards. I just wait for the HT version or for another SS sale in May.

My SS C-3PO is towering (almost a full head height) over my new ESB Hoth Leia. Is that accurate to anybody or is SS just out of scale?

My SS C-3PO is towering (almost a full head height) over my new ESB Hoth Leia. Is that accurate to anybody or is SS just out of scale?

The SSC 3PO is a bit too tall, but not by that much.

Just put Leia on a lift box like they did for much of the filming.:lol

TBH this is a more fair price with the discount attached. Just won a Sphero R2D2 for a steal on ebay which I plan to weather and use with this guy. Scale might not be exact but will be more than happy with them together. I prefer a bit more of a weathered C3PO as Star Wars is a dirty and lived in place so the droids should be too.
36d50d43fc7029f77a6ec50ffd768576.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys!
I am planning on acquiring a dirty 3PO, and I think this is my best bet (no red arms, please!!).

Any tips/tricks/issues/fixes/best practices/warnings/prohibitions/easter eggs/whatever worth knowing regarding this fig?

Thanks everybody!
Best,
m.

Hi guys!
I am planning on acquiring a dirty 3PO, and I think this is my best bet (no red arms, please!!).

Any tips/tricks/issues/fixes/best practices/warnings/prohibitions/easter eggs/whatever worth knowing regarding this fig?

Thanks everybody!
Best,
m.

Just be really careful with his arm pistons when taking him out of the box!

A lot of folks are unhappy with his thumbs, and there's a mod for that. But you would have to dig for that one. The the thumbs dont bother me at all though personally.

Hi guys!

Thanks everybody!
Best,
m.

To ReeferSharks point, be careful with him all the time. He is a fragile piece. In my opinion, much of the "QC" issues with this figure are likely owner's fault, where some of the pieces broke. When posing, just take your time, make sure you are doing all you can not to stress any moving and non-moving parts. Also, when taking the head off to engage the batteries for the light up eyes, be very careful with where you grip the figure to take the head off.
Other than that, great figure!

Just be really careful with his arm pistons when taking him out of the box!

A lot of folks are unhappy with his thumbs, and there's a mod for that. But you would have to dig for that one. The the thumbs dont bother me at all though personally.

Thanks buddy! Yes, I am being told that. Was the issue very hard to implement?

To ReeferSharks point, be careful with him all the time. He is a fragile piece. In my opinion, much of the "QC" issues with this figure are likely owner's fault, where some of the pieces broke. When posing, just take your time, make sure you are doing all you can not to stress any moving and non-moving parts. Also, when taking the head off to engage the batteries for the light up eyes, be very careful with where you grip the figure to take the head off.
Other than that, great figure!

OK. Will do! Thanks for your input!

Anything else, anybody?

Best,
m.

Thanks buddy! Yes, I am being told that. Was the issue very hard to implement?

OK. Will do! Thanks for your input!

Anything else, anybody?

Best,
m.

I lot of people just twisted the "thumb" into the right position but for some that damaged it. Others opened up the hand to re position it. In the right pose it's not really noticeable so I didn't risk breaking the finger on mine.

I see... Thanks momaw. I'll have to have a look into mine. I shiver at the thought of having to "operate"...
Anyway, is this the mod Reefer Shark referred to?

Thanks,
m.

I lot of people just twisted the "thumb" into the right position but for some that damaged it. Others opened up the hand to re position it. In the right pose it's not really noticeable so I didn't risk breaking the finger on mine.

I just ordered a V2 R2D2 and now I'm really tempted to get the 3PO too. Should I do it? I kinda feel like for the price though that it isn't worth it.

I mean I know a lot of people like to nitpick everything though, clearly Sideshow isn't issue free, but I cant help but feel some of this is overblown.

I just ordered a V2 R2D2 and now I'm really tempted to get the 3PO too. Should I do it? I kinda feel like for the price though that it isn't worth it.

I mean I know a lot of people like to nitpick everything though, clearly Sideshow isn't issue free, but I cant help but feel some of this is overblown.

Other than the pistons being a little delicate and those stupid thumbs 3PO is a great figure.

B824E554-C9D8-4CDC-A620-2394FDBA1C4D.jpeg

That would be worth keeping an eye on. If they’ve made the thumb change then that could be an excellent option.

I was lucky enough to get one from a boardie last week for $145.00, great price considering that the figure is molded plastic. It does have a cool weathering paint job and the light up eyes. Retail for the figure is a bit too high I think.

That would be worth keeping an eye on. If they’ve made the thumb change then that could be an excellent option.

If SS changes the thumbs, they're gonna have a mutiny on their hands. I know I'll be pretty peeved. Especially after they replied to people's inquiries as to how the hands were fine and normal and were supposed to be that way... :cuckoo: And then they took down the original prototype pictures that had the right positioning of the thumbs.

Hi guys,

I actually just got this guy in the mail a few days ago. Overall I'm pretty happy with it, although it's a bit "lighter" than what I'm used to with my Hot Toys. This is my first actual official Sideshow figure, (mostly been hot toys before that.). I had a question though about the lighting component of C3PO, for those of you that have him.

Is there a way to open the head without breaking it and somehow by-pass the touch/tap sensor on the back of his head for the eye lights? I'm using a Soap Reactor battery adaptor to have him hardwired so I can have him "lit" all the time with a flip of a room switch, (along with my case lighting and other figures with lighting features.) As of right now, however, turning on the switch doesn't engage his lighting right off the bat, just as the batteries won't, you have to tap his head, I'd like it to just come on and stay on by default when power is being supplied to it.

Does anyone else plan on doing this? or know how to? Such as those that maybe have done something similar with other figures? I'm also trying to figure the same issue out for my Hot Toys Force Awakens R2D2, which has two lighting "modes" and I want it to default to one, and again, "stay on" all the time.

Thanks!

Back