Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to worry, mine will do that too but I had never seen it; the arm will ratchet back and forth one click although it's a little scary. When my replacement arm comes in I'll play around a little more.

Here is my c-3po that I actually got at Disneyland today in the launch bay store. They sell hot toys and sideshow inside. Got with a employee discount so only paid $160 for this guy at Disneyland! Also got a first order trooper while I was there. Since I had about 8 3po to choose from I picked the one with the least amount of weathering on it and looked the best one.

Here is my c-3po that I actually got at Disneyland today in the launch bay store. They sell hot toys and sideshow inside. Got with a employee discount so only paid $160 for this guy at Disneyland! Also got a first order trooper while I was there. Since I had about 8 3po to choose from I picked the one with the least amount of weathering on it and looked the best one.

I didn't think he would be at the launch bay! But I do know that future figures will be. and with my best friend working there, I'll def be buying my figures there in the future.

My replacement arm packed better than the figure. Was wrapped in foam, then wrapped in bubble wrap, then wrapped in more foam. :lol

I didn't think he would be at the launch bay! But I do know that future figures will be. and with my best friend working there, I'll def be buying my figures there in the future.
Yep they will be getting the new hot toys and sideshow Star Wars until launch bay is gone. I have family there. They have anh Luke and the sandtrooper. All the first order troopers. Xwing Luke. I'm sure they will get the hot toys kylo ren. They seem to get them a week or two after sideshow sells to the public as they got 3po on the 31st

My replacement arm packed better than the figure. Was wrapped in foam, then wrapped in bubble wrap, then wrapped in more foam. :lol

I was told mine would ship within 7-10 business days so it should be on the way soon, did you get notice it was shipped and how was it sent?

I reckon that'd apply to every second figure I buy. Cape material doesn't drape nicely, costume peels too easily, head sculpt isn't on point, body isn't right for the character...

What was the last figure you pulled out of the box and was perfect, or close enough, that you could just enjoy it as-is? I haven't had time or space to display it yet, but I think mine was HT stormtrooper.

hmmm.gif
I, uh, can't remember. :lol

Congrats...and yeah, those thumbs are hard to live with.

Thanks and yes they are. :gah:

Love to see some pictures.

You guys remember pictures, right?

I need to take some pics. I've just been busy with other things involving my city. :slap

What was the last figure you pulled out of the box and was perfect, or close enough, that you could just enjoy it as-is? I haven't had time or space to display it yet, but I think mine was HT stormtrooper.

HT Sandtrooper for me. Prior to that, HT Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Sideshow Imperial Probe Droid. I was also perfectly happy with DX04.

HT Chewbacca needs serious futzing time, SSC Red Five needs helmet mods (paint), SSC R2 needs paint mods as well...

What a surprise, just received an email from Brennan "customer service" regarding the issues with my C3PO. Exactly as expected unfortunately :

Thank you for contacting us regarding your C-3PO.

I have reviewed your pictures and I do not see anything out of the ordinary on your C-3PO. There may will be minor variations and imperfections on each and every piece since these are all hand crafted and hand painted. I do not see anything on your figure that would be considered out of the ordinary that can be considered damaged or defective. The “knuckle” on your figures hand is designed to look this way. I personally pulled a few of our replacement hands to check for consistency.

With all of this in mind, I am not able to offer you any kind of replacement as any replacement we would have would be the same.

If you are not fully satisfied with your figure, you may return it to us for a refund of the product purchase price only.

Seems as though scratches, fingerprints and poor paint application are considered perfectly acceptable to sideshow.

Can anyone confirm that their "knuckle spike" looks the same as mine please (one sorter than the others)?
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1454460138.804730.jpg

Guys, finding it difficult to pop the shoulder off to get the ex piece on. Is there like a video showing how this is done?
I didn't want to force it just in case it breaks.

What a surprise, just received an email from Brennan "customer service" regarding the issues with my C3PO. Exactly as expected unfortunately :

Seems as though scratches, fingerprints and poor paint application are considered perfectly acceptable to sideshow.

Can anyone confirm that their "knuckle spike" looks the same as mine please (one sorter than the others)?
View attachment 242659

Mine looks the same as yours.

I received the tracking information...my replacement right-arm and head should be here on Friday.

Received the SS C-3PO today. (Note for Australian folks: Popcultcha have sold out of them via pre-order already, but are stating that another batch will be available in September...).

It's a great figure visually, but they've cheaped out SO much on it. The batteries are impossible to get out, and the terminals are touchy. I've had to secure the batteries in place with a tiny piece of Blu-Tak to ensure the eyes light up upon touching. Thumbs notwithstanding, my figure arrived fine otherwise.

But how cheap is the box and packaging? It feels like a definite step down in size, materials and design. And such a boring stand for display. It seems Sideshow had no pride in this figure, and just threw it out there. Even though I think this C-3PO looks fantastic and displays exceptionally well, Sideshow have done nothing to make it feel at all inspired or 'special' (such as they did for R2-D2 by including all those thoughtful extras). Granted, Threepio by nature lacks 'accessories', but even some nice box art or random printed quotations to fill out the package would have helped. It reminded me of the kind of bare-bones releases that ThreeA is increasingly guilty of - not an expensive version of an iconic figure from the most popular film series in movie history. Sad.

I'm a crafty guy. I can make all sorts of things. But I tried to pry apart my 3PO hands to fix the absurd thumbs, but they are not budging. They must have really glued the fkcu out of these hands. So not willing to ruin them I gave up.

I thought I would give Sideshow a chance to rectify the hand situation before I got rid of my 3PO. I wrote them and asked if they were able to provide customers with replacement hands so that we could try to fix the thumb issue ourselves without potentially ruining the hands that came with the figure. I said I would be willing to pay (though I shouldn't have to at these prices). They barely read my email and told me to file a returns claim on their website. I explained I wasn't returning anything to them, bought the figure from an online retailer, and simply wanted to be able to buy extra hands so I could fix their design mistake (a mistake that was not pictured in prototype photos upon which I based my purchase). They replied and said they couldn't help me and I'd have to contact the retailer that I bought the figure from. Goodbye.

I explained again it wasn't a damaged item so any retailer would likely not bother with the request. And any retailer would ultimately contact them for replacement hands anyway, if they bothered at all. No response. I guess they don't want my money anymore.

I'm guessing they haven't gotten enough emails and Facebook comments about this yet to make them feel they have to do something. So make sure you contact them, if only to help us guys out who want a solution to this problem.
Email: Contact Customer Service | Sideshow Collectibles
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/sideshowcollectibles

Sean

Last edited:
Back