Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way I see it, he's all plastic. Plastic is cheap. There's no expensive cloth material to source and dye and no expensive mass sewing to perform and there's no portrait to paint. There's just a few molds, some if not all of which can be reused for other protocol droids.
Those are good points. Hope you're right! Can someone give us insight into plastic assembly vs. garment industry wages in China? I would guess the tailoring + head sculpt painting is more expensive too. But that doesn't explain Luke hoth vs Luke X-wing.

If the renegotiation was 2 years ago as Dave mentioned, it doesn't explain anything related to the pricing disparity and "randomness" we've seen.

Exactly. If they knew this increased licensing was coming, then between Luke, R2, and the Scout Trooper they could have had some more sensible price balance.

The only thing I know about LFL licensing has come from releases and notes about their dealings with Hasbro, Galoob and others. There's a fixed fee portion to buy in and secure, then a percentage associated with the products. Trying to amortize a fixed fee means incorporating margin into your entire line. Accounting for a percentage is different, as it's always going to proportionally follow the "price" of the product (whatever figure they use as a basis, whether it be wholesale or otherwise).

Anyway, whatever the case is, it's kind of bad for business to start moving dollar figures around in what appears to be an arbitrary fashion to your customers. Part of doing business is pricing strategy that appeals to your market.

3PO 230$, ok that´s a word.
Is the price confirmed by Sideshow or speculation?
This price is near the Tamashi version with real metall plate.
The decision is difficult for me now, Tamashi or Sideshow?
I have see the Tamashi live by a collector friend and I must say the quality and conversion was very good.

3PO 230$, ok that´s a word.
Is the price confirmed by Sideshow or speculation?
This price is near the Tamashi version with real metall plate.
The decision is difficult for me now, Tamashi or Sideshow?
I have see the Tamashi live by a collector friend and I must say the quality and conversion was very good.

It's all speculation at this point. :lol

After seeing a $240 Luke, people here still holding out hope this guy is less than $200? Insanity way of thinking...........$350 minimum at this point

Like I said before I'll be pleasantly surprised if 3PO is under $200. But I really doubt he will be, wishful thinking on my part.

Regardless I'll picking 3PO up.

After seeing a $240 Luke, people here still holding out hope this guy is less than $200? Insanity way of thinking...........$350 minimum at this point

Why should 3PO be so expensive? Zero soft goods and they're not even vac-metallicizing it. I feel like he should be cheaper than Luke if anything.

The higher the price, the lower the sales. Simple as that. The poorest way to release a product is to try and figure out a retail price after the whole thing has been engineered and is ready for production. Price point comes first, then you design and engineer for that target. Doing it the other way around is the easiest path to failure.

Back