Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found one loose for chewie to carry around just have to adjust the net it pulls chewie down sagging to much from the weight F5ADDC92-4BED-49F0-826D-3B05940598FC.jpeg

I got a 25 $ code from SS yesterday, which I could use on this C-3PO. Altough shipping free to Germany, I would still have to pay 240 € incl. customs for this one at the end.

Do you guys think it's worth it?

Also, it was listed for pre-order recently on their website. Has anyone bought this lately? Are we probably getting a V2 now?

I also got that $25 code yesterday. Having a lot of points to burn as well. With Star Wars 1/6 releases from Sideshow going at a such a slow pace and Fedex S&H fees being such a ripoff, i'm really considering this one. i already have Tamashii Die-Cast versions but this one would look good in my Jabba's Palace display.

Thank you guys.

I guess I'll wait for HT then. It's a tough decision, but I'm just too worried about the arm pistons. For 240 € a figure just shouldn't be fragile... I think for some extra money a die-cast version would be worth it.

Still, it's a damn good looking figure!

Thank you guys.

I guess I'll wait for HT then. It's a tough decision, but I'm just too worried about the arm pistons. For 240 € a figure just shouldn't be fragile... I think for some extra money a die-cast version would be worth it.

Still, it's a damn good looking figure!

Hi guys.
I had heard about the wonky thumbs, and I am almost afraid to ask, but... what is wrong about the pistons on this SSC 3PO...?? :-(
Thanks,
m.

Hi guys.
I had heard about the wonky thumbs, and I am almost afraid to ask, but... what is wrong about the pistons on this SSC 3PO...?? :-(
Thanks,
m.

The pistons connecting the arms are made by plastic and are thin and fragile. Many came broken or broke while articulating the arms, even when you took caution.
Sideshow did replace those then. But I don't really have the nerve and time to take care of that process...

The pistons connecting the arms are made by plastic and are thin and fragile. Many came broken or broke while articulating the arms, even when you took caution.
Sideshow did replace those then. But I don't really have the nerve and time to take care of that process...

OMGs... No known way of articulating the arms that won't jeopardize the pistons, I guess...?
Thanks again.
m.

OMGs... No known way of articulating the arms that won't jeopardize the pistons, I guess...?
Thanks again.
m.

It can be done, very easy as long as you get how the arms work. Like the real suit they only move a certain way.

I put a touch of organic oil on them, and the move no problem.

If your ham fisting them.....well like many figures , it will break.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

It can be done, very easy as long as you get how the arms work. Like the real suit they only move a certain way.

Got it. Noted.
Thanks bro. I will observe that procedure.
m.

The pistons work and hold up fine - really beautifully engineered. I've never had any real issue with them.

The lights on my eyes went out however - major bummer.

The pistons work and hold up fine - really beautifully engineered. I've never had any real issue with them.

The lights on my eyes went out however - major bummer.

That's good to know. Thanks.
Next time if there is a sells promotion again I might think about it :)

My pistons work fine. Like xipotec says, as long as you're careful with where you grip the arms, and then careful when articulating, they are fine.

So I went to use my LaborDay25 coupon for C-3PO before it expires. The C-3PO page says he's $235 but when I add him to the cart there's a 15% off promotion automatically applied "Bless the Maker! 15% OFF C-3PO Applied", bringing him down to $199.75. It also allows me to enter the LABORDAY25 code which brings it down to $178.50. Even though it says "May not be combined with other offers". If I complete the checkout process, will they later remove one of the discounts or cancel the order?

A solid sculpt on this fella.. Though I like the portrait a bit more on the TN diecast, I think this figure feels a little more like the actor in the suit. The slight bow in the legs drives this home. I've added a brighter gold paint and weathering to help it along, as well. I must get around to weathering that R2 one of these years...:)
31.jpgThree po.jpg

Yeah, the body/arm sculpt is perfect on this figure but the face is pretty wonky looking. I do wish the metallic look was done better though - it's more a gold paint look, not shiny metal.

Back