Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i own the tamishii version and I've been on the fence about ordering this.is this better than tamishii?and if so can someone point out the positives and negatives of both and which one is more accurate.i prefer to have the most screen accurate figure in my collection and I am no expert in Star Wars.i thought the tamishii version was really nice but if this one is better I will upgrade and use tamishii with chewbacca.

All the 1/6 version are off from the original. And it doesn't stop at the head. There's at least as much wrong with the Tama as there is any other version, so at the end of the day it's all about which parts you can't live with and which you can - and money.

True. I see the angled earrings are off on the Tama.

That settles it for me too. Going to order the SSC instead of Tamashi. The SSC face looks better to me even though the head is wider. I see the Tamashi eyes as being too small or the sockets are too big... Something's off there that I don't like even though most people will say it's perfection. And the mouth is weird. Thanks for posting that.

It could come back to bite me, but I think I'll wait on this one. The price makes me think I'll find it cheaper, later. I do like it and its paint job. I felt the Tama was/is too clean, but to each their own...

No one has ever gotten the mouth right and it's by far the most simple part and one of the most obvious - I'm not even talking about the lip nor chin parts either. It's a rectangular hole - how do you mess up the ratio on a rectangle, right?

We need a German company to do this all over again. Exact, or GTFO.

No one has ever gotten the mouth right and it's by far the most simple part and one of the most obvious - I'm not even talking about the lip nor chin parts either. It's a rectangular hole - how do you mess up the ratio on a rectangle, right?

you took these words right out of my head. Its mind boggling. It should be the simplest part to get right. Just measure prop and scale down mathematically. Done.

i own the tamishii version and I've been on the fence about ordering this.is this better than tamishii?and if so can someone point out the positives and negatives of both and which one is more accurate.i prefer to have the most screen accurate figure in my collection and I am no expert in Star Wars.i thought the tamishii version was really nice but if this one is better I will upgrade and use tamishii with chewbacca.

I think a few people have pointed out some of the things they see wrong with the Sideshow version, but you really should make the decision on your own. It's really up to you how much inaccuracy you're willing to live with, and how much money you have to spend. Like Pixelpiper pointed out, there is something wrong with all of them. It just boils down to what is acceptable to you. So maybe just do what that picture did which is just get an image of the figures and sit and compare them with a few shots from the movie and see which one you think looks best and also fits within your budget.

Personally I like the Tama and own it. But if I didn't I would be pretty happy with the Sideshow version. Both have their pros and cons but ultimately they are both good choices.

you took these words right out of my head. Its mind boggling. It should be the simplest part to get right. Just measure prop and scale down mathematically. Done.

Ah, there's the issue - I doubt these guys have ever had the prop in hand.

I think a few people have pointed out some of the things they see wrong with the Sideshow version, but you really should make the decision on your own. It's really up to you how much inaccuracy you're willing to live with, and how much money you have to spend. Like Pixelpiper pointed out, there is something wrong with all of them. It just boils down to what is acceptable to you. So maybe just do what that picture did which is just get an image of the figures and sit and compare them with a few shots from the movie and see which one you think looks best and also fits within your budget.

Personally I like the Tama and own it. But if I didn't I would be pretty happy with the Sideshow version. Both have their pros and cons but ultimately they are both good choices.

Well said.

We need a German company to do this all over again. Exact, or GTFO.

:rotfl Those Krauts* sure make some fine precision tools, don't they?

*Not meant to offend anyone. Just trying to be funny!

The other thing to remember here as well is that Sideshow's version is the weathered version which is going to match their R2. The Tamashi may look a little off if posed with their R2, personally I don't care enough to get the SideShow one as well as my Tamashi. I will be getting the R2 and will live with it if they look a bit odd together.

According to Tamashi, their version is the more screen accurate version. Remember that it was co-produced with SS, but there are a few noticeable differences. Outside of the shiny gold vs the weathered version, the Tamashi version also has real wiring in the ab section where SS' version seems to be molded rubber. The fingers on the Tamashi version are fixed where the SS version are jointed, (anyone that owns a SS Freddy Krueger knows that this can be a problem as the finger joints will be extremely fragile.) The Tamashi version seems to also have brighter lit eyes than the SS version and that is just a few of the differences. I hope this helped.

Yeah. My plan was to wait on this one (Troopers). I know you can save more with the two pack and it comes with exclusives, but I'm leaning toward buying two single Stormtroopers. I'm not normally a stickler for accuracy, but I don't want two different sized troopers when they are clones and should be the same size. I know c-3PO's face is a little off and SSC's Vader sculpt wasn't perfect either, but those points can be overlooked in a display with multiple characters. Half a head in height difference on a trooper is irking me.

Have R2, 3PO, Han & Chewie and then 2 troopers...Hoping to get some reward points built up with all of these PO's and make a few purchases down the road a bit easier to swallow. Namely the Avengers. Should make a heck of a dent in a purchase by then. But yeah...a year away. Eeesh.

What year were you born? :nono

Well... there you have it. Let's go home.

:lecture Open and shut case Johnson!

*Away from the size-price problems*

Release in November 2015 ?? :gah: WTF !? I need this guy with R2 for Christmas ! The little guy must wait a full year to have his friend on his side ! WTF seriously ?! :gah:

Release in November 2015 ?? :gah: WTF !? I need this guy with R2 for Christmas ! The little guy must wait a full year to have his friend on his side ! WTF seriously ?! :gah:

That gives R2 plenty of time to get in trouble by himself.

Comparing the production Tami to the few proto pics of the SS isn't really fair on either. Until a SS production is in hand it's all speculation.

That said, I'm going for the SS as I prefer the weathered look (matches my favourite scenes in the entire saga) and the Tama just looks to clinical for me.

The only advice I would give at this point is, if you like clean, go Tama. If you like weathered, go SS.

I don't get too hung up on minor inaccuracies, but I do wonder that in this day and age why they can't get digital scans of certain items such as Stormtrooper helmets and C3PO's head and digitally scale those down to create the moulds instead of hand sculpting them. I know Vader is a bit harder because most of the original helmets are gone and the last remaining one in the Lucasfilm archives is in less than desirable condition. But even then, they did detailed scans for EFX so it can still be done.

Back