Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty good overall. I agree it's beyond puzzling that he's $10 less than Luke. $230 is high, but you can kinda see where the money went since this is a completely new and unique kind of figure for Sideshow, much like Grievous was.

It's a definite pass for me since I'm happy with the Tamashii version. I will give props to the weathering and articulated fingers, though. Nicely done.

$240 for Luke and everyone loses their ****. $230 for Threepio, not bad! :lol

Still too expensive, but he looks great. I dont know if I'll get it or not. Im glad R2 is coming out first that way I can see what he looks like with the Tama.

Unless his legs can be pulled down and extended somehow, there is no way 3PO can be posed sitting. Just the like the real costume. The design simply doesn't allow for it. I don't get how people can look at the top of 3PO's legs and visualize it being able to accommodate sitting. The top of the leg is like a mm away from the front of the pelvis.

Yeah what I meant was an alternate "sitting hips" piece that the upper torso and legs could be popped into would have been great. With the landspeeder supposedly still coming, it's something that will have to be solved.

The actual 3PO had crinkly gold foil for hips in those landspeeder scenes, so maybe we'll have to go screen accurate if SSC doesnt give us an alternative.:lol

So, if The SW license is so expensive as SS has stated, why is something that has unique tooling (and can't be repurposed) come in at less than Luke's price? Something seems fishy.

It's not licensing, it's priced at whatever SSC wants. DID can deliver an unlicensed figure for HALF the cost, with two headsculpts, die-cast metal accessories. . . overall a very nice figure, for literally half the cost.

I try to be reasonable about these things, but at this point, with this price jump, it's just greed.

$230 :slap That is, unfortunately, right in line with the ridiculousness of Luke's pricing. I see worse times ahead for many 1/6 collectors.

So, if The SW license is so expensive as SS has stated, why is something that has unique tooling (and can't be repurposed) come in at less than Luke's price? Something seems fishy.

Was about to post the same thing. Doesn't seem right.

Yeah, looks nice enough - not great value, but ehh..

The head's still fat, & the chin's still got that slight elongation. The belly wires.. wtf; sometimes it looks like that section is longer in some photos than others, when it should be about a couple hands width at most. Yeah, & the severed arm thing.. SSC & their idiot decisions. Pistons look fragile too as mentioned.

I'm in no hurry for this figure, but I'll look forward to all the in hand pics.

$240 for Luke and everyone loses their ****. $230 for Threepio, not bad! :lol

Still too expensive, but he looks great. I dont know if I'll get it or not. Im glad R2 is coming out first that way I can see what he looks like with the Tama.

Good call. I was all in for this, but if R2 looks fine with Tama 3PO I'll likely pass. But maybe I'm kidding myself - I've cut down so much on what I buy these days I almost want to buy it just to remind myself of what it feels like to buy a figure. The only figures I bought this year were Batman & Robin.

Why couldn't he have come with a cargo net and take apart feature?
Think of how cool he'd look on HT Chewys back!

It looks pretty damn great. As cool as the articulated fingers are, I really wish they put that effort into getting the head right instead. There must be people at Sideshow who see this ***** like we do, why is it that it doesn't get caught/corrected? I'm not trying to make it sound as if sculpting these would be easy, but I'm positive people must see it at Sideshow as well.

Good call. I was all in for this, but if R2 looks fine with Tama 3PO I'll likely pass. But maybe I'm kidding myself - I've cut down so much on what I buy these days I almost want to buy it just to remind myself of what it feels like to buy a figure. The only figures I bought this year were Batman & Robin.
I hope the SSC R2 scales up ok with the Tamashii - buying that one will have been even sweeter, if so. :lol

The Tama C3PO is cool but I like Sideshow's a bit more because I think the weathered look is cool. Plus R2D2 from Sideshow is weathered too so I'd prefer them to match in that respect. The Tama is a very nice figure though.

Looks great and I'll be ordering as soon as one of the 20% off codes comes around.

The Tama C3PO is cool but I like Sideshow's a bit more because I think the weathered look is cool. Plus R2D2 from Sideshow is weathered too so I'd prefer them to match in that respect. The Tama is a very nice figure though.
Yeah, there is of course that - but while I'm usually pretty AR with stuff generally speaking, if R2 'measures up' so to speak, the disparity in grime between the two won't phase me. I just want two excellent pieces, & this'll be the R2 to own if SSC deliver.

It looks pretty damn great. As cool as the articulated fingers are, I really wish they put that effort into getting the head right instead. There must be people at Sideshow who see this ***** like we do, why is it that it doesn't get caught/corrected? I'm not trying to make it sound as if sculpting these would be easy, but I'm positive people must see it at Sideshow as well.

It does seem that 3PO's head repeatedly eludes Sideshow. The 1:1 bust, PF and now this have been wonderfully finished and detailed but with heads that are noticeably inaccurate in various ways.

The weathering on this figure can't be judged until it's in-hand. From what I've seen with Sideshow, weathering is one of the hardest things to match from proto to production figure - and 3PO has the double challenge of also getting his chromed gold finish right (versus say IG-88 which is just dull grey with weathering.)

He looks really nice, the paint, arm pistons and the pose-able fingers are a classy touch. I would like to think SS at least tried to do the sitting option, but because he can't I don't see the need to get this version. One standing threePO is all I need.

General Grevious came out earlier this year at $250 which definately stung, but was mainly accepted after a three year wait for development and production. Vader also came out for this price and included numerous accessories (wanted or not) and was a huge jump from the previous big name release of Boba Fett in 2012 for $175. The pricing on these figures has climbed and will continue to do so. R2 almost feels like a steal now compared to the other figs.
3po's price is unfortunately a bit high, but is a reflection of the research and development that has been invested in him. Personally, i think he looks great, small inaccuracies aside, and will be part of my collection.
The pics shown of the two droids look fantastic, but if R2 was just a touch taller, they would be perfectly scaled to each other.
Can't wait for the po to be up!

The painted wires on the 1/4 scale were a bit messy so I expect worse on the 1/6.

This suckers putting in a PO. Will cancel and use $20 coupon if ex still available when he becomes coupon eligible.

Back