Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it did, then it wouldn't be undersized, it would be perfect. Your monitor might also be crooked. ;)

Anyone planning on filling these guys up with some ballast to add some heft?

You might have to adjust the aspect ratio on yours :)

What's the story on 3PO's non-gold plated leg? Was there ever a story in the film or books as to why he looks unfinished down there?

What's the story on 3PO's non-gold plated leg? Was there ever a story in the film or books as to why he looks unfinished down there?

I think the color might be off on your monitor. ;) Just kidding. Was dying to use that one more time. Honestly, I can't even remember what he looked like all plated out in the PT.

063.jpg

What's amazing is that wire-laced midsection is just a sticker they place that looks 3-D!

I think your monitor might be crooked. ;)

The monitor's straight but you have to take into account that R2 and C-3 aren't. :wink1:

If I was able to draw red lines on the picture...

You can do it old school with a ruler. (As long as it doesn't have any sharp edges this can be accomplished without adult supervision).

Find the line that passes through the feet of both characters, and the parallel one from the top of Artoo.

C-3's further back. It's a bit like that time on Father Ted ...

Find the line that passes through the feet of both characters, and the parallel one from the top of Artoo.

Perspective doesn't afford for parallel lines like that, so that's not going to work out. ;) R2 would be too tall if you did that. Hehehe.

I wonder if Sideshow got the back of 3PO's knees right - that's another thing Tama completely missed the mark on.

Perspective doesn't afford for parallel lines like that, so that's not going to work out. ;) R2 would be too tall if you did that. Hehehe.

I just wanted to find an excuse to post that video again. :)

The bottom line is that the photos aren't taken directly head-on

What does the color/finish on this guy remind you of?

Yes, a tribble and yes a trash can, but I mean the other guy.

1375146811.jpg

What does the color/finish on this guy remind you of?

Yes, a tribble and yes a trash can, but I mean the other guy.

1375146811.jpg

3PO looks a little strange in ROTJ, or at least quite different from the other two movies - he's quite orangish, almost matte in places and they totally redid his stomach wires into parallel lines (as opposed to the messy wiring of SW and ESB.)

What's amazing is that wire-laced midsection is just a sticker they place that looks 3-D!

Is it really just a sticker and not wires?

Well I collect almost everything Threepio and whilst I've always been and always will be super impressed with the Tamashii I will buy a SSC version as well.

To me it looks fine for $200 or thereabouts, I'm impressed but I'll never be more more impressed than I was with the weight and feel and overall look of the Tamashii. That may sound pointless because weight isn't something you see on display but it still impresses me, all Diecast figures do.

These two look really good together and if it's around $350 for the pair it's a great deal.

To be fair we have no idea how much it's off by, since we don't know if the measurements on SS's site are accurate (other figures aren't all), nor how tall the 3PO figure is. The photo posted looks acceptable to me, it might not be for everyone.

That image of the Droids standing side by side, cleared my worst fears.:lol Its not flawless but I will be a satisfied customer.:ted

You are right about designers. :hi5:I too make a living doing visuals related work.:lol

Last edited:
That image of the Droids standing side by side, cleared my worst fears.:lol Its not flawless but I will be a satisfied customer.:ted

You are right about designers. :hi5:I too make a living doing visuals related work.:lol

Not speaking for Greedo, but it appears that all the artists/designers are fine with the relative size :lol

I wonder if Sideshow got the back of 3PO's knees right - that's another thing Tama completely missed the mark on.

Wow - now that's an eye for detail! I just googled it - you mean that crinkly stuff (tin foil or black fabric)? Not sure it's possible to get that right and still have the doll's knee joints work, other than simply black paint.

If you wanna get stickler, put gold foil or fabric over the back of the Tamashii or SSC doll's joints.

Wow - now that's an eye for detail! I just googled it - you mean that crinkly stuff (tin foil or black fabric)? Not sure it's possible to get that right and still have the doll's knee joints work, other than simply black paint.

If you wanna get stickler, put gold foil or fabric over the back of the Tamashii or SSC doll's joints.

You have no idea how much that oversight pisses me off. I have to pose my figure front-on so the horror doesn't reach out and punch me in the face.

You have no idea how much that oversight pisses me off. I have to pose my figure front-on so the horror doesn't reach out and punch me in the face.

A disgraceful oversight.

And I bet those exposed wires are just for show and aren't even connected to anything to make him work. :mad:

On that note:

buzzybean said:

That's so 1977.

4686d18e09f9d18b7d6e1755717f0a72.jpg

Back