Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally heard back from sideshow last night after TWO weeks. Replacement head on the way.

Cool, my figure looks and works much better now. When I sent Brennan a pic of the destroyed parts I also said my piece about the wacky thumbs and the disappointment it's caused the community. Unfortunately, because of the party line I'm sure it'll fall on deaf ears.

So I got my replacement arm ... Never was asked to destroy anything, via email or in box from SS.....

Anyone else? I do not want to be charges for anything, but they never asked for my CC info either...

So I got my replacement arm ... Never was asked to destroy anything, via email or in box from SS.....

Anyone else? I do not want to be charges for anything, but they never asked for my CC info either...

You could glue it on as homage to the Topps card.:dunno

It's interesting, seems no one got the same instructions. The email I received from Brennan said I had to send pics of the destroyed parts within 5 business days of receiving the replacements or I'd be charged...but never said how much.

Tinman, you a larger size of the last image?

If you’re asking to see a larger pic, I can provide later today. The LED eyes are interesting; the clear plastic lens with the color and black dot are mounted on three small pegs (the triangle that can be seen in the eyes), and can be popped on and off. If you were able to get at them without destroying the head they'd be easy to mod, unfortunately it’s glued together pretty well. I do think it would be near impossible to break the head while removing it from the body, the ball & socket joint of the neck is very well made and I was unable to pull them apart with all the force I could put on the parts. Everyone that owns this figure knows it's impossible to remove the head by grabbing the neck as described in the instructions.

If you’re asking to see a larger pic, I can provide later today. The LED eyes are interesting; the clear plastic lens with the color and black dot are mounted on three small pegs (the triangle that can be seen in the eyes), and can be popped on and off. If you were able to get at them without destroying the head they'd be easy to mod, unfortunately it’s glued together pretty well. I do think it would be near impossible to break the head while removing it from the body, the ball & socket joint of the neck is very well made and I was unable to pull them apart with all the force I could put on the parts. Everyone that owns this figure knows it's impossible to remove the head by grabbing the neck as described in the instructions.

Cool. Thanks.

After seeing my lousy iphone shots I decided this weekend to get out the big DSL and get some real shots......

These are the last crappy ones, next ones I'll do a real photo shoot...

image.jpg

image.jpg

I also received a replacement are and was NOT ask to destroy anything.

Crazy...well it's too late for my parts. I did however keep the large chunks and will be able to experiment at removing some of the weathering; I also kept the shoulder intact and could make my own version of 3PO's missing arm.

Posted before but it was quickly buried, if anyone can help please send me a message, thanks!

Anyone who has had to destroy their 3PO- I'm looking for one of the little bars on the back of the hand (see photo below of the missing piece on mine). If you have one I will buy it from you! Please let me know.

3po_hand.jpg

Sean

Got my C3PO today, group shot, now I need Leia to finish it.

24940394446_afc001a7e9_b.jpg
[/url]

The sliding hydraulics on the arm are very fragile. The one on the back right arm already broke at the hinge when I went to bend his arm.

As someone on here already stated. It's almost easier to slip the piston out of it's clip, move the elbow, and then put it back on once your finished with the pose. It's like the outer and inner pistons are straining against each other when you go to move the joint.
Disingaging the inner piston first before posing helps to minimise this pressure on the brittle plastic:lecture

As someone on here already stated. It's almost easier to slip the piston out of it's clip, move the elbow, and then put it back on once your finished with the pose. It's like the outer and inner pistons are straining against each other when you go to move the joint.
Disingaging the inner piston first before posing helps to minimise this pressure on the brittle plastic:lecture

Yes that was me, the actual arm joint is very stiff, for repositioning , remove the piston from the side that has the clip, move the arm and see if the piston will re attach. If not then the pose is not possible.
A wipe of olive oil on a q tip will help the position slide better in the channel, but of you remove it altogether then its not really needed.

Thanks for the tip, kind of too late for one of the piston now. I didn't know it was so fragile, I just bent his elbow for the first time and it just broke.

Got my 3po tonight. Gotta say I like him more than I thought I would. My wife loves the light up eyes lol. All my parts were good. Nothing broken. Will have to try and straighten out his thumbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back