Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you twist them just with your hands, or use pliers? I'm wondering if the reason the thumb and forefinger are loose is that the hand is more separated due to the twisting?

Just by hand. Didn't want to break anything. I believe you're correct about the looseness, after seeing your photos inside the hand.

Holy cow that likeness it good!!!!

Didn't even know anyone had attempted licensed Firefly figures - thanks!!!!

Sorry to derail - that likeness was too good - especially for only $180 - not to say anything :monkey3

:lol That actually makes me very happy! Happy to oblige!

I know some folks are taking issues with this figure, but I'm just enjoying how awesome it is...really well done (to me)....

THREEPIO-010.jpg

YEAHHHH I just did the mod too. I didnt have to remove the thumb at all, just cover the rest of the fingers with a towel and just concentrate the hairdryer on the thumb and you can totally twist it without problem

Did you twist them just with your hands, or use pliers? I'm wondering if the reason the thumb and forefinger are loose is that the hand is more separated due to the twisting?

That's probably it. The same thing happened to me when I warmed it up with the hairdryer and twisted the thumb into a more natural position. Thumb and pointer finger are both a little loose.

I could not live with it so had to do the mod by opening the hands also. I tried the twist first but the hands were separating, so I figured I may as well open them up. I guess it depends on how much glue was used inside. I am much more happy with the figure, but still annoyed with Sideshow for letting this one go out like this.

c3po.jpg

3po2.jpg

3po.jpg

Nice work guys, it looks SO much better! I was holding out on the mod till my replacement parts came in but may give it a shot today. At the price of these figures it still bums me out that we have to do this.

Good to know. I guess that T area can be heated with a hair dryer and the slowly turned to position the thumb better.

It shocks me to the core that after spending all that money on this figure, that you have to break it apart in order to fix Sideshow's mistakes. Someone must say something to the representatives at the displays at Toy Fairs. This is terrible and just not good enough.

Such an easy design fix on SSC. All they had to do was position the "T" joint in the opposite direction to fix, but they decided to just let it get thru the QC. So ridiculous I have to do this to a $250 figure to make it look right when they could have done it so easily.

Now that we know that the hands can come off, I would hope that SS would fix the issue with the thumbs, and send out new hands to people that ordered this.

Now that we know that the hands can come off, I would hope that SS would fix the issue with the thumbs, and send out new hands to people that ordered this.
My thought on the issue too. Sideshow needs to replace the hands. One of the thumbs on mine is loose, it looks better, but my obsessive compulsion would prefer a factory fix for what we paid. This coupled with the Beetlejuice figure prototype and pricing is turning people off them right now. Making the figure right would go a long way.

Please suggest this to Sideshow on their Facebook page (posts in public are better than only sending emails, though you should do both. When comments are left on their public page they will be pressured to act and resolve the situation faster as other people are reading them too).

If their page gets flooded with polite but firm comments about the engineering error on the hands they may do something.

This is the link to their page, you can only leave comments under their posts. Make sure you tag them in your comment so they are notified that you posted (in order to tag them I think you have to like their page):
https://www.facebook.com/sideshowcollectibles

I posted a response earlier in this thread from Sideshow to a Facebook comment about the hands and it was pretty insulting towards the customer and bad customer service. So Sideshow clearly either doesn't care or has no clue that there is a problem. People need to let them know. These figures cost too much not to demand replacement parts that are broken or significantly flawed and different from the prototypes.

Sean

Back