Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those buggers put 3PO on a platform but not R2... a side-by-side would be good to see... at some point.

ya but look at the far away shot R2 looks to be slightly smaller than he should be, however factor in the base's additional height on the 3P0 and it looks like it'll be the best scaled 1/6th R2 and 3P0 to date.

The right plaque on 3PO says "PROTOTYPE in development, pending licensor approval". The left plaque indicates the price which seems to be $180.

Here's another shot of the figure. Don't think the elbow will have any articulations.

10563113_936597826365885_6830438910249894815_n.jpg

Surprised no one has commented on the wires. Hard to tell if they are real or molded. And he has a restraining bolt attached.
Oh and the second placard says Prototype - In Development - Pending Licensee Approval

You answered your surprise in your second line. ;)

Here's another shot of the figure. Don't think the elbow will have any articulations.
Point for Team Tamashii!
That would be a deal breaker for me, and just as well. Earlier I was thinking I'd pick-up SSC's 3PO and double-up but with everything that's been announced over the last week, cash and space is going to be tight. *Sharpie's thick black line across 3PO's name*

I'd be really surprised if Sideshow pulled a design queue from Hasbro with the non-articulated elbows. Super articulated R2 and stick-man 3PO? Doesn't make much sense to me. The version at the show may not move, but that doesn't mean it's their intention for the final product. Same goes for paint apps. This figure seems to be in a much earlier state than some of the others - remember it was mentioned by Alex that it wouldn't even be at SDCC, but only preview later in the year.

Some nice close-ups of 3PO (and a bunch of other stuff -- not a PF collector, but holy, new Boba Fett looks pretty amazing) at Rebelscum. Confirms real wires for his mid-section (at least I *think* it's real wires as opposed to a really good sculpt and paint job). :)

I'm predicting a LOT of broken parts unless SSC drastically improved its packaging design for this guy. ;)

Not sure this is improving my view of 3PO's paint job.

Look at all the photos and you'll see the appearance change quite a bit. The photos are generally pretty poor, but that's to be expected with the mixed lighting. I'd expect some better photos from attendees - I'm also not going to be critical about early prototype paint. Did people like the finish on the PF?

Posts in my subscribed threads are coming in faster than I can read them. That hasn't happened in a LONG time.

Back