Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange, I got an email today saying that they delayed everyone else's so that they could get me my 3PO immediately. :yess:

No, I asked them to send that to you. Can't believe you fell for it!:rotfl

Pretty amazing though - this will be a full year and a half from announcement to shipping. Complex figure though, and doesn't come close to the 3PO/R2 PF's which were a few years I think.

I've never received a "sorry your item will be delayed" email from SS (or anyone else... that I can recall). So when I got this email, I thought it was the two week notice for the charge. Kinda freaked out a bit to be honest. It's been an expensive month, bill wise. Anyhoo, the delay sucks... but I'll take it.

That and Sideshow doesn't put out nearly as many figures in a year as Hot Toys does yet Sideshow still manages to take a year or more to release pretty much all their figures. They seem to move at a pretty slow pace.

I'd say Chewie fits in that category. Harder than this, actually.

Really? I'd put fine articulation higher on the list than tailoring.

That and Sideshow doesn't put out nearly as many figures in a year as Hot Toys does yet Sideshow still manages to take a year or more to release pretty much all their figures. They seem to move at a pretty slow pace.

I don't get the impression that figures are Sideshow's priority.

I meant in the Star Wars line. Not doubting their ability, just citing what they had on deck vs. what Sideshow had.

It will be funny if they do a 3PO. Nothing but Hasbro for years and years (Medi's a different scale so I'm not counting that one) then suddenly three high-end 3PO's in as many years.:slap

I seem to be the only Tama owner who's sticking with my order for this guy. The body looks batter than the Tama to me, but I'm sweating on the SSC head, hoping it'll surprise on the upside like HT Vader did.

I seem to be the only Tama owner who's sticking with my order for this guy.

xfiles_we_are_not_alone_tile_coaster1-300x115.jpg

I was hoping my Sideshow R2 & 3PO would be THE droids in my collection; if HT does the pair all bets are off.

Weird - I must be on Sideshow's good side or something. In addition to the notice, they sent me an actual pic of the person working on my hand crafted item.:dunno

elves.jpg

But I hear quality control at that particular factory leaves a lot to be desired...

Bad-Santa.jpeg

Back